Windows 10: Cellular network data usage notification

Discus and support Cellular network data usage notification in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a large number of windows 10 Enterprise users tho regularly use their mobile/cellular connections. I want all users to receive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DylanMW, Feb 10, 2020.

1. DylanMW Win User

Cellular network data usage notification

I have a large number of windows 10 Enterprise users tho regularly use their mobile/cellular connections. I want all users to receive notifications/warning from Windows 10 when they reach 2 or 4 GB of data usage on the Mobile/Cellular but I cannot find a way to do this with Windows 10. I was hoping to user toast notifications but any kind of popup or notification window will do.

I see that in windows 10 I can view the data usage but not set up a notification/warning.

:)

DylanMW, Feb 10, 2020

2. network internet data usage

Hi,

One possible reason why the network data usage isn't showing up may be due to a third party program causing it not to work properly. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you using a third party app to monitor your internet usage?
    • Are you on a metered connection? To check, click this
      link
      and follow the steps.

We look forward to your response.

Kristoffer Abs, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Unknown data usage

The Nokia Lumia Windows Phone has a very good considerable battery life. I wouldn't worry with having the Battery Saver featured enabled much because honestly you won't need it unless in case of emergencies. The data usage is very much so defined by your
    wireless carrier more than Windows Phone. You may need to contact them directly to ask why your data usage is increasing if you are not changing from your regular routines and the usage was not the same in usage.

This can also be defined by observing the things you do with Windows Phone. Your service area also defines when and where your data is used by the phone automatically because in a sense it tells the phone the only way it can function at certain times is
    via the data connection (hence increasing the data usage on your wireless plan). You can always disable the data features on Windows Phone. This is mainly what I suggest you do until you contact the carrier directly and alert them of what is going on. You
    should also consider using an unlimited data plan, or a data plan that only allows for WiFi usage. The very last step is how to completely disable the data features, but you can also try these steps as well to improve your data usage overall, follow
    these steps and then call your carrier to inquire about the data options you have:

If you don't have an unlimited data plan, you may be looking for ways to shave a little bit off of your data usage. This topic provides a few ways to turn down or turn off some of the features that require a data connection on your phone.
    Turn on Battery Saver
    Battery Saver turns off some, but not all, of the features that require a data connection. You can turn it on whenever you want, or set it to turn on automatically when your battery is low. To learn more, see Battery:
    making it last

• On Start, flick left to the App list, and then tap Settings
      Cellular network data usage notification start-icon-settings.png
      > Battery
      saver.

• Do one or both of the following:
      • If you want Battery Saver to turn on whenever the battery gets to 20%, select Always turn on Battery Saver when battery is low.
      • If you want to turn on Battery Saver now and leave it on until the next time you plug in your phone, select Turn on Battery Saver now until next charge.

Change email sync settings
    You can choose how often your phone automatically syncs email, or you can sync it manually, just when you want to.

• On Start, flick left to the App list, and then tap the email account whose settings you want to change.

• Tap More
      Cellular network data usage notification basic-icon-ellipses.png
      > Settings, and then tap Sync
      settings.

• Tap the Download new content list, then tap a time. If you don't want your phone to ever sync email from this account automatically, tap Manually.

Turn on airplane mode
    If you're looking to turn off your cellular connection just for a while, an easy way is to turn on airplane mode.

> Airplane
      mode.

• Turn Status to On.

Stop sending usage feedback with a data connection
    Your phone can send feedback to help improve Windows Phones, but you can choose not to send this feedback using a cellular data connection.

> Feedback.

• Clear the Use my cellular data connection to send feedback check box.

Turn off your cellular data connection
    The most thorough way to make sure you're not using data is to turn off your data connection altogether.

> Cellular.

• Turn Data connection to Off.

Jody.Brown, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Cellular network data usage notification

Connecting to cellular network data?

Hi,

We have an article that you can use as a reference to answer your concern. Check out the article:
    Cellular settings in Windows 10.
    Follow the steps to be able to connect to a cellular data network even without a SIM card.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Cellular network data usage notification

1. Cellular network data usage notification - Similar Threads - Cellular network data

2. Massive data usage by "System" in network usage statistics.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive data usage by "System" in network usage statistics.: What could be causing this? I have downloaded a few games on Gamepass, but nowhere near 1tb+ They only add up to 150gb. None of the games have updated. I'm currently using a 4g unlimited connection but unfortunately my 4g provider has a FUP fair usage policy and i don't...
  3. Massive data usage by "System" in network usage statistics.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Massive data usage by "System" in network usage statistics.: What could be causing this? I have downloaded a few games on Gamepass, but nowhere near 1tb+ They only add up to 150gb. None of the games have updated. I'm currently using a 4g unlimited connection but unfortunately my 4g provider has a FUP fair usage policy and i don't...
  4. wifi or cellular networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi or cellular networks: For some reason I cannot see any Wi-Fi or cellular networks, the options do not appear in settings either. I am using a HP laptop and my windows is up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-or-cellular-networks/8cc662d5-f60f-4b97-b816-0db7e7329fcb
  5. No cellular data in me tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No cellular data in me tablet: Dear,I do not have cellular data transfer to my Panasonic fz-m1 tablet.Windows 10 is os. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cellular-data-in-me-tablet/a589a8e1-d7e8-4b93-935e-df0f14e14b73
  6. Cellular network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cellular network: In the cellular network settings I'm unable to check the "Let Windows keep me connected" check box. I have connected my USB 4G dongleSIM7600G and the device is responding to the AT commands. I have attached the screenshots for the reference. PC Specs OS - Windows 10 Home...
  7. cellular network

cellular network: please my HP EITEBOOK FOLIO 9480M is not displaying the CELLULAR options in my settings how do i resolve this. For windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cellular-network/db2962fb-1898-46b5-a9f5-641a9be6a97c
  8. Network Data Usage stuck at 0Mb

Network Data Usage stuck at 0Mb: Hello, I used to have this problem where the data usage would never count. Now I have it working smoothly through some research and would like to share that information to others as Microsoft hasn't addressed this issue. Some of you may not know that, you can view your...
  9. cellular network apn

cellular network apn: In windows 10 where to enter apn for cellular network ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cellular-network-apn/e7c78183-10dc-4d5d-8211-c1f0fa4cecae
  10. Not connected to cellular network

Not connected to cellular network: Hi everyone, my win 10 hp laptop won't connect to my cellular network i use a vodafone modem (k4201) any i have set up APN and cellular network shows CONNECTED But when i check connection status in settings, it says am not connected to any network when i troubleshoot...