Windows 10: Cellular network loosing APN settings randomly

Discus and support Cellular network loosing APN settings randomly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello All! Long story short: I use my HP ProBook laptop with 3G/HSDPA Huwaei modem (well... it's not relevant, as on the previous hardware - HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alberto_Eco, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Cellular network loosing APN settings randomly

Hello All!

Long story short: I use my HP ProBook laptop with 3G/HSDPA Huwaei modem (well... it's not relevant, as on the previous hardware - HP EliteBook with 3G Ericsson modem - the problem was the same). I use it every day at work, so I can observe the issue.

And the issue is: my 3G modem from time to time is loosing APN settings. And by loosing I mean the connection profile still exists with all the settings correct but, when I try to connect, it says "Could not connect. Enter APN name". Of course - APN is entered and is correct. When it happens - nothing helps. Sometimes it will connect, but the connection is in state "No internet" and I've verified with my cellular operator that modem tries to connect, but is not sending any APN so the operator rejects the connection.

After third or fourth reboot - the connection is starting to work again like anything ever happened and is work for a week, two or month until it will break again.

My OS is Windows 10 retail Pro 1809 with all needed and optional updates.

Has anyone faced this kind of issue? Feel free to ask if I need to provide some more info/event logs/etc.

Thank you in advance,

Tom

:)

Alberto_Eco, Oct 5, 2018

2. Lumia 521 and Consumer Cellular APN settings

Hello,

I'm trying to get my Lumia 521 to work on consumer cellular. I've upgraded it WP 8.1. Here are the settings they've given me (I think it's for an earlier version of WP):

1. Go to Menu.

2. Go to Settings.

3. Go to Wireless and Networks, or more, or more settings (4th option).

4. Go to Mobile Networks “This step can be different on some phones.”

5. Go to Access Point Names.

6. Press menu.

7. Press new APN.

8. Fill in the blanks as seen below.

Name

CCI LTE

APN

ccdata

Proxy

Not set

Port

Not set

Username

Not set

Password

Not set

Server

http://mmsc.mobile.att.net

MMSC

http://mmsc.mobile.att.net

MMS Proxy

proxy.mobile.att.net

MMS Port

MCC

MNC

Authentication Type

PAP

APN type

default, mms, supl

APN protocol

Not set

9. After you fill in the blanks press menu and save.

10. At the APN screen it you now see Consumer Cellular.

11. Press on the circle next to CCI LTE, it should turn Green.

12. Now enjoy

I've gone into Access Point, after making sure I had the lastest one. I'm trying to create a new APN, here are the settings I see:

Name

Internet APN ----------------------------------------

Access Point Name

Username

Password

Proxy address

Proxy port

Network type

Authentication Type

MMS APN------------------------------------

MMS Access Point Name

Username

Password

Proxy address

Proxy port

MMSC address

Network Type

Authentication type

I don't see a place to put in "server", does anyone know where that would go?

-Eric

ewgoforth---01, Oct 8, 2018
  3. ericnixmd Win User
    Cellular Disconnected

I have a cellular modem in my Dell Precision 3520. I used it Friday without any problems at all. Today, as I'm at work, I cannot connect to AT&T's cellular network.

When I click the network icon in the system tray, it shows my cellular connection as "AT&T (HSPA)" and then reads "Disconnected" underneath it. It shows 5 bars. If I open network properties and try to troubleshoot the adapter, it gives me a SIM2 error that says I need to enter a PIN code (there is no PIN code on the SIM card, but just for troubleshooting purposes I added one, still got the same error, and then ultimately removed it again).

Things I have tried so far:
    • Toggling cellular on/off
    • Rebooted computer (several times)
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver (twice)
    • System restore to the point where it was working the other day
    • Ejecting the SIM card and reinserting it
    • Verifying that data is turned on with my AT&T count
    • Enabling/disabling PIN code
    • Resetting network settings via command prompt
    • Creating a new APN (with phone, NXTGENPHONE, etc.)

Any tips?

ericnixmd, Oct 8, 2018
  4. TheFox220 Win User

Cellular network loosing APN settings randomly

Consumer Cellular APN & Settings

This is for the Nokia 920 running 8.1 Cyan on 4G network with Consumer Cellular. Although it may work with other models, try at your own risk!

Go to Settings: Cellular + SIM

Go to SIM Settings

Go to Edit Internet APN

APN = ccdata

User Name and Password = blank

Proxy Server and Proxy port = blank

IP type = IPv4v6

Save settings

Go back to previous screen and tap on edit MMS APN

APN = ccdata

User name and password = blank

WAP gateway = proxy.mobile.att.net

WAP gateway = 80

MMSC = http://mmsc.mobile.att.net/

MMSC port = 80

Maximum MMS size = blank

IP type = IPv4v6

Save settings

That is all that is required. Note that you may have to shut down phone and restart. This was just resolved for me this morning when I found that I could not open a picture of my grandkids that my daughter sent me in a text messagee. Now it works fine. Hope
    this will help someone else.

TheFox220, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Cellular network loosing APN settings randomly

1. Cellular network loosing APN settings randomly - Similar Threads - Cellular network loosing

2. Easy switching between cellular APNs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easy switching between cellular APNs: Use of multible APN's is getting more relevant with the introduction of 5G Private Network and other cellular solutions. Is it possible to change between pre-configured APN's in an intuitive manner? I know it is possible under Advanced settings in Windows 10, but I am looking...
  3. Easy switching between cellular APNs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easy switching between cellular APNs: Use of multible APN's is getting more relevant with the introduction of 5G Private Network and other cellular solutions. Is it possible to change between pre-configured APN's in an intuitive manner? I know it is possible under Advanced settings in Windows 10, but I am looking...
  4. Easy switching between cellular APNs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cellular Network Settings are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cellular Network Settings are missing: Hi.I have Terra Mobile 1460q and I don't see Cellular Settings at all. I have Windows 11 Pro, I looked everywhere and I can't find the solution. I would be grateful if you give me a hint, please....
  6. Cellular Network Settings are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cellular Network Settings are missing: Hi.I have Terra Mobile 1460q and I don't see Cellular Settings at all. I have Windows 11 Pro, I looked everywhere and I can't find the solution. I would be grateful if you give me a hint, please....
  7. cellular network option is not showing in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cellular network option is not showing in settings: cellular network option is missing in settings, i have also installed drivers for it but it is not working , if I insert sim card there is no pop up message or any notification...
  8. Cellular network not showing up in the settings .

Cellular network not showing up in the settings .: I wanted to run sim card on my laptop but i could not be able to use it because the cellular network option is not showing up while i had inserted the sim card. I couldn't get any information about this issue on youtube, google or any other online tech platform.I thought that...
  9. cellular network apn

cellular network apn: In windows 10 where to enter apn for cellular network ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cellular-network-apn/e7c78183-10dc-4d5d-8211-c1f0fa4cecae
  10. Cellular network loosing APN settings randomly

Cellular network loosing APN settings randomly: Hello All! Long story short: I use my HP ProBook laptop with 3G/HSDPA Huwaei modem (well... it's not relevant, as on the previous hardware - HP EliteBook with 3G Ericsson modem - the problem was the same). I use it every day at work, so I can observe the issue. And the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant connect to this network enter an apn and try again windows 10