Windows 10: Centos / Fedora and RHEL on WSL

Discus and support Centos / Fedora and RHEL on WSL in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there You can install Centos on WSL (and a nunber of other distros that aren't in the Ms store). Fedora and RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) are I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, May 18, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Centos / Fedora and RHEL on WSL

Hi there
    You can install Centos on WSL (and a nunber of other distros that aren't in the Ms store).

Fedora and RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) are I think awaiting some licensing issues between Ms and Red Hat.

anyway for Centos 7 download from Github

Release v0.0.1 . fbigun/WSL-Distro-Rootfs . GitHub

Have fun !!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 18, 2019
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Switching possibly now from CENTOS to RHEL as server on VM

Hi folks.

As it's FREE to join Red Hat developer program I thought I'd do it and download RHEL server (Red Hat) -- RHEL servers are in use in more places than any where else. CENTOS is derived from RHEL but since the server is FREE I thought I'd go for it.

No-Cost RHEL Developer Subscription now available - RHD Blog

Any SAP developers here might also be interested in this too

Red Hat enhances no-cost RHEL developer subscription with SAP Solution development - RHD Blog

I'm particularly interested in their Mobile software stuff - interesting Developer Forums. Note though as a private user you don't get support from RHEL -- that's paid subscription - but the Forums are helpful enough.

Interested to see what the difference is between RHEL and CENTOS -- should be minimal but if I want to try developer stiff it's best to be on an identical system.

Testing as a VM first hosted on W10 Pro.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 18, 2019
  3. MSN on nokia 770

Hi all is there way to get msn on my nokia 770 internet tablet many thanks heard program called pidgin but what one do i download

* Windows

* Source

* Fedora Core

* CentOS / RHEL

Thanks

millwalll---01, May 18, 2019
  4. bpgt64 Win User

Kernel Panic, Fedora/Ubuntu/RHEL

ECS EliteGroup A890GXM-AU, G.Skill DDR3-1600, AMD 955 BE X4....1000W PSU.

We've tried Fedora, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, and CentOS. We keep getting the same error all around. I am thinking replace the Motherboard and Chip.

bpgt64, May 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Centos / Fedora and RHEL on WSL - Similar Threads - Centos Fedora RHEL

2. Removing CentOS Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing CentOS Dual Boot: Hello! I have a Dell Precision 3551, which I dual booted to run CentOS 8 with Windows 10. Now that I don't need Linux, I needed to remove the dual boot. I deleted the partition and created Windows 10 installation media on a USB. BUT... After booting to my USB, going to...
  3. WSL

in Windows 10 Support
    WSL: I have two questions related to Windows Subsystem for Linux. One, does anyone know of a recent how to that shows how to install a GUI in WSL? Secondly, how can I make sure I am using WSL2.0 instead of 1? I'd like to install some gui development tools inside Ubuntu on WSL ....
  4. Postfix on RHEL 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Postfix on RHEL 7: I have set up a mail server using postfix on RHEL 7. I can send emails to users who are on the local host, but unable to send emails to external users who are on the same domain. Any idea? Could someone help? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/Free-Efficiency-7179...
  5. FEDORA TO WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FEDORA TO WINDOWS 10: I have a lenovo T400 laptop running on fedora o/s. I purchased the laptop with fedora already installed and there is a win vista sticker on the bottom cover. I cannot get my head around fedora and would like to be able to install win 10. For this purpose i purchased a 120gb...
  6. Centos 7 Hard Disk Connect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Centos 7 Hard Disk Connect: Good morning, please will you help me? I need connect a Centos 7 Hard Disk in Computer with Windows 10 using a USB StarTech, I had been use Paragon Software but I couldn't saw the files, please will you help me? Regards 149187
  7. How to run RHEL 8 under Windows subsystem for linux (WSL)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to run RHEL 8 under Windows subsystem for linux (WSL): Problem I do not see RHEL 8 in the Windows 10 Pro store, as a WSL option to buy or use. I see Kali Linux, Ubuntu, Alpine Linux, SUSE 12 Enterprise, Debian, and every other Linux distribution, except for RHEL 8, what may be the most widely used distro in the enterprise,...
  8. Centos / RHEL Guests increasing size of XFS partitions

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Centos / RHEL Guests increasing size of XFS partitions: Hi folks Whether on Real or Virtual RHEL or CENTOS system using XFS you might want to increase the size of the root (/) or /home partitions without having to re-create the whole VM / system over again with all the attendant install stuff etc. (As well as on a VM it works on...
  9. Fedora 28

Fedora 28: I have Hyper-V installed and Ubuntu 18.o4 installed and hope to try out the changes for full screen. My question is does Fedora work with Hyper-V Shipinomore 110046
  10. Switching possibly now from CENTOS to RHEL as server on VM

Switching possibly now from CENTOS to RHEL as server on VM: Hi folks. As it's FREE to join Red Hat developer program I thought I'd do it and download RHEL server (Red Hat) -- RHEL servers are in use in more places than any where else. CENTOS is derived from RHEL but since the server is FREE I thought I'd go for it. No-Cost RHEL...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wsl centos 7

2. centos on wsl

3. redhat wsl

4. Windows Subsystem for Linux for centos rhel fedora,
  5. LXD RHEL issues,
  6. wsl redhat,
  7. CentOS for WSL license,
  8. rhel wsl,
  9. wsl 2 centos installation,
  10. INSTALL REDHAT FEDORA CENTOS WSL,
  11. centos wsl,