Windows 10: Centos / RHEL Guests increasing size of XFS partitions

Discus and support Centos / RHEL Guests increasing size of XFS partitions in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks Whether on Real or Virtual RHEL or CENTOS system using XFS you might want to increase the size of the root (/) or /home partitions without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Jun 12, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Centos / RHEL Guests increasing size of XFS partitions

Hi folks

Whether on Real or Virtual RHEL or CENTOS system using XFS you might want to increase the size of the root (/) or /home partitions without having to re-create the whole VM / system over again with all the attendant install stuff etc. (As well as on a VM it works on a real machine too).

XFS file systems while very resilient and much better than ext4 unfortunately can't be shrunk (usually that's not an issue as people tend to want MORE rather than less space). However the size can be increased by using xfsgrow..

Link to Red Hat documentation on how to do it.

8.4. Increasing the Size of an XFS File System - Red Hat Customer Portal

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jun 12, 2019
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Increasing Partition Size

You can't remove unallocated space, because it is, by definition, unallocated. Do what LX07 and Cereberus are suggesting and get the free Minitool. Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free You will be able to shrink "D" and expand "C" easily and safely. Download and install it, and someone here will walk you thru the few simple steps.

f14tomcat, Jun 12, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Centos / Fedora and RHEL on WSL

Hi there
    You can install Centos on WSL (and a nunber of other distros that aren't in the Ms store).

Fedora and RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) are I think awaiting some licensing issues between Ms and Red Hat.

anyway for Centos 7.5 download from Github

Release v0.0.1 . fbigun/WSL-Distro-Rootfs . GitHub

After that extract the zip, execute CentOS.exe. That will register the OS with WSL which is normally already in PATH -- subsequently type centos[enter] form cmd/powershell. To unregister the installed OS; wslconfig /u centos from cmd/pwsh.

Have fun !!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Word Man Win User

Increase partition size

Welcome to TenForums, Linkdeutscher.

There are many ways to increase the size of your C partition but all are subject to the existing layout and constraints of the disk on which it resides. Can you post a screenshot of how Disk Management displays the disk in question, or otherwise give more info on ALL partitions currently on the disk in question?

Word Man, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Centos / RHEL Guests increasing size of XFS partitions - Similar Threads - Centos RHEL Guests

2. Increase partition size/space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Increase partition size/space: Does anyone know how I can increase the size of my partition C? I have 2 partitions that I don't use much and I want to take 100GB from each and add it to my partition C. submitted by /u/jasonslone [link] [comments]...
  3. Increase the size of the efi partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Increase the size of the efi partition: How does one increase the size of the efi partition for multibooting different operating systems. The only methods I have found are doing it when you are installing windows. Or paying for a bullshit program to accomplish 30 seconds of work. I tried to do it from the linux...
  4. Centos / Fedora and RHEL on WSL

in Windows 10 Support
    Centos / Fedora and RHEL on WSL: Hi there You can install Centos on WSL (and a nunber of other distros that aren't in the Ms store). Fedora and RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) are I think awaiting some licensing issues between Ms and Red Hat. anyway for Centos 7 download from Github Release v0.0.1 ....
  5. AVG internet security blocks guest centos' internet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG internet security blocks guest centos' internet: My box is centos 7.1 x64 as guest virtualbox on windows 10 x64 as host. I could not connect with internet at cenots. At host windows' AVG internet security blocks guest centos' internet. When I uninstall AVG's firewall, guest centos' internet works well. 1....
  6. W10 as GUEST on CENTOS Rel 7 HOST -- WORKS !!!!

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    W10 as GUEST on CENTOS Rel 7 HOST -- WORKS !!!!: deleted - updated in another thread 3451
  7. Switching possibly now from CENTOS to RHEL as server on VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Switching possibly now from CENTOS to RHEL as server on VM: Hi folks. As it's FREE to join Red Hat developer program I thought I'd do it and download RHEL server (Red Hat) -- RHEL servers are in use in more places than any where else. CENTOS is derived from RHEL but since the server is FREE I thought I'd go for it. No-Cost RHEL...
  8. Increasing Partition Size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increasing Partition Size: I have a 1 Terabyte hard drive that contains 2 partitions. C: which has 906 GB free space and D: which has 7.65 GB free space. I want to extend D:. I shunk C: 200 GB and ended up with a third partition and found no way to extend d: into this free space. How do I extend...
  9. Increase partition size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increase partition size: Had 8.1 then downloaded 10, unfortunately when I originally installed 8.1 I made my C partition too small and it's almost full all the time. Is there anyway to increase the size? Also I want to reset my PC right now since it's gotten extremely sluggish for some odd...
  10. How to increase the System Reserved Partition size

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to increase the System Reserved Partition size: I am having Dual Boot PC XP and Windows 10 on different hard disk. Windows 10 have been upgraded from Windows 7 but the System Reserved Partition on Windows 10 remained 100 MB ( 30 MB is free space ), wherein if we clean install the Windows 10 then System Reserved Partition...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to add more partitions to xfs rhel 7