Windows 10: Centred windows placement

Discus and support Centred windows placement in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does anyone know why windows 10 opens windows in various positions instead of placing them in the centre of the screen? On windows 7 & 8.1 the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Banzi, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Banzi Win User

Centred windows placement

Does anyone know why windows 10 opens windows in various positions instead of placing them in the centre of the screen?

On windows 7 & 8.1 the program or explorer windows were always centred in the middle of the screen but since I have upgraded to windows 10 the position of them seems to be random every time they are opened.

Any ideas?

:)

Banzi, Aug 1, 2015
  2. DLETE07 Win User

hub button location...

Where is placement of windows 10 "HUB" button?

DLETE07, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Chefproll Win User
    N8 Loudspeaker placement -> who has done this!!!!!!!!!

Everything is bad if you seek for special situations where something does not work as good as expected.

I am not 100 % satisfied with the speaker placement, too - if I encounter special situations where the placement proves to be not optimized - e. g. if placing the N8 on a soft surface.

But in most other situations, the speaker placement turns out to be not that bad:

If you want to listen to music LOUD, the best way to achieve this is to place the speaker right close to a hard, reflective surface. This way you get more volume than with any other placement.

And: The primary use of the speaker is to act as a loudspeaker for speakerphone purposes. In this case, you'll naturally place the handset with the display up on a given surface. Works just perfect and far better than many other handsfree solutions.

So try to be a bit honest: There ARE situations where the speaker placement muffles the sound; but there are far more situations where that placement really shines.

Chefproll, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Tacit Win User

Not sure how you had the program centered, usually the file manager or program will open up in the last position it was when it was closed
    if you want it center move it to where you want then close it, it should reopen in the same position

Tacit, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Banzi Win User
    That's the way it has always been for me on 7 & 8.1 Explorer & program windows open in the centre of the screen & I never move them. On windows 10 explorer windows opened off centre & would do the same even if I moved them to the centre of the screen. When reopened they would move farther down the screen almost as if they were cascaded.

I ended up rolling back to 8.1 due to that & the fact my firewall software is not yet compatible. Will try the upgrade again in a month or so & then do a clean install.

Banzi, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    I think it might also have something to do with Virtual Desktops,

here's a quick snippet of me opening several 'Desktops' with one File Explorer in each, then closing them all so all the Explorer windows collapse to Desktop #1

Window Positions

Edwin, Aug 1, 2015
  7. Banzi Win User
    Edwin that is exactly what I'm seeing even though I didn't use the virtual desktops. Open explorer windows & centre it then close it, when opened back up it has moved down & to the right.

Banzi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Centred windows placement - Similar Threads - Centred placement

2. Upload Centre!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upload Centre!: I have Microsoft Office 2019, I have read that checking and clearing cache files is a good thing to do occasionally. Is the "Upload Centre" still in Office? I have gone into Microsoft Office tools but not listed! I have now read it has been replaced! Your advice would be most...
  3. Upload Centre!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upload Centre!: I have Microsoft Office 2019, I have read that checking and clearing cache files is a good thing to do occasionally. Is the "Upload Centre" still in Office? I have gone into Microsoft Office tools but not listed! I have now read it has been replaced! Your advice would be most...
  4. Upload Centre!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Location Services arrow bouncing the centred task bar icons to the left.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location Services arrow bouncing the centred task bar icons to the left.: When the Location Services arrow appears briefly in the system icons area, all the centre-justified application icons in the taskbar shift to the left. Is there a way to stop this arrow from appearing apart from turning off all location services? Or can it be fixed? I have...
  6. Location Services arrow bouncing the centred task bar icons to the left.

Location Services arrow bouncing the centred task bar icons to the left.: When the Location Services arrow appears briefly in the system icons area, all the centre-justified application icons in the taskbar shift to the left. Is there a way to stop this arrow from appearing apart from turning off all location services? Or can it be fixed? I have...
  7. probleme forza horizon 5 pc windows 10 boutique forzathon centre des messages auction house

in Windows 10 Gaming
    probleme forza horizon 5 pc windows 10 boutique forzathon centre des messages auction house: jai le même probleme que lui : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/forza-horizon-5-feature-locked/8231636a-7938-43ef-a9d4-0de100b8dedb...
  8. probleme forza horizon 5 pc windows 10 boutique forzathon centre des messages auction house

probleme forza horizon 5 pc windows 10 boutique forzathon centre des messages auction house: jai le même probleme que lui : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/forza-horizon-5-feature-locked/8231636a-7938-43ef-a9d4-0de100b8dedb...
  9. Windows 10 tablet any service centre in Ahmedabad

Windows 10 tablet any service centre in Ahmedabad: Dear sir my name is dhiren from Ahmedabad l, nuvision tablet windows 8 display dosnt work broken any service center in india ahmedabad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-tablet-any-service-centre-in-ahmedabad/a8117a65-7009-452d-bfff-58a4fb281f3f
  10. Windows 10 tablet any service centre in Ahmedabad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 tablet any service centre in Ahmedabad: Dear sir my name is dhiren from Ahmedabad l, nuvision tablet windows 8 display dosnt work broken any service center in india ahmedabad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-tablet-any-service-centre-in-ahmedabad/a8117a65-7009-452d-bfff-58a4fb281f3f