Windows 10: Ceritification for non-UI based application

Discus and support Ceritification for non-UI based application in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have to work with a ODM/OEM to develop a console application which needs to be run as a background task during the system boot to support a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nini90, Nov 20, 2018.

1. nini90 Win User

Ceritification for non-UI based application

Hello,

I have to work with a ODM/OEM to develop a console application which needs to be run as a background task during the system boot to support a hardware added.

I've gone through
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/devapps/hardware-support-app--hsa--steps-for-app-developers

1. But in my case, there is no UI required for the application, just need to run as background process.
    2. The app need to access firmware environment variables to read the data from the UFEI.
    3. As I understand, I think we do not have plan to distribute through Windows store as this would be specific to a particular hardware.

Could someone help suggest,

1. If this is right method to do it ? If not what would be right way to do it.
    2. what kind of certification should I go through from Microsoft, so that ODM/OEMs can integrate the background tasks to the end system.

Thank You

:)

nini90, Nov 20, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 20, 2018
  3. New Steam UI out today!

I feel like an old man but I hate this new UI. Its to confusing. Plus my firends list stopped working.

TheMailMan78, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Ceritification for non-UI based application

Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home

Thanks for the suggestion, but, sadly, it does not. In addition, I have gone to the Font Management setting and followed Microsoft's directions explicitly. Win 10 will NOT let me delete any installed font (except ones that I have installed myself), and it will NOT let me hide any font at all. The 'Hide' setting says it will hide the font from applications, but EVERY application that offers a choice of fonts, whether from Microsoft (Office, Word, Wordpad, Notepad, etc.) or third parties (such as OpenOffice) shows ALL the fonts listed in the Font Management listing. Every. Single. One.

There was a script for removing the non-Latin fonts from Win 7 that automated the process. That script does not work in Win 10. Is there one that does?

Thanks in advance for any help/

Bookbear1948, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Ceritification for non-UI based application

1. Ceritification for non-UI based application - Similar Threads - Ceritification non based

2. Is Windows Mail a cloud based application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows Mail a cloud based application?: I'm very interested in learning how Windows Mail the free application we get with Windows by default works especially when a gmail account is logged in. Can we call it a cloud-based application?...
  3. Application Caméra Windows non fonctionnelle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application Caméra Windows non fonctionnelle: Bonjour,Ma caméra intégrée ne fonctionne plus avec l'application Camera Microsoft. Depuis quelques semaines ma caméra n'ouvre plus. Elle s'allume mais sans image. C'est un fond tout gris avec un signe de caméra avec un trait par dessus. J'ai effectué toutes les mises à jour...
  4. windows applications UI freeze after no activity

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows applications UI freeze after no activity: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on ‎4/‎15/‎2021 OS build 19042.985 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system,...
  5. Frequent crashes of Chromium-based applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frequent crashes of Chromium-based applications: I am a developer. My machine has 8GB of RAM and has a core i5. Usually my workflow involves 8-10 tabs open on any chrome based browser with VSCode and other tools. Every now and then I find chrome and chromium-based apps (like VSCode) crashing. Google Chrome closes...
  6. "Overflowed stack-based buffer" error in login UI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Overflowed stack-based buffer" error in login UI: [IMG] Windows appears to have force updated sometime today. I booted my computer up while out and about, and encountered a "stack overflow error" with explorer.EXE. I followed the following guide...
  7. Non applicable pc for minecraft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non applicable pc for minecraft?: i just bought mine craft windows 10 and it wont let me download it to my P.C because it says it isn't applicable. I checked all the requirements before purchasing it and my laptop meets all requirements for the game and my Microsoft account is logged in and synced, laptop is...
  8. UI issues on many applications

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    UI issues on many applications: Hey guys, I have Lenovo X1 Carbon 20BT from past couple of months with genuine Windows 10 Pro license. I also did fresh Windows 10 Pro installed some days ago but still facing this issue. Mostly application UI dont load fully and I cant see fully options of many softwares....
  9. Store UWP Applications UI [graphical] problem!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Store UWP Applications UI [graphical] problem!: Hi, I have an issue with the graphical behavior of my UWP apps. every time I open any store app, after a while it become a raw/solid color background. and when I hover the mouse on any icon/object it shows up (only the specific object I hovered). I attached 2 pics...
  10. Scale System UI without scaling non-windows programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Scale System UI without scaling non-windows programs: Hello all. Recently multiple programs (Google Chrome and Spotify for example) have started scaling accordingly to the windows scaling level (I have it at 125% because at 100% text is still readable, but annoyingly small). The problem I'm having with the programs mentioned...