Windows 10: Certain actions such as clicking start and displaying the volume when changing it are...

Discus and support Certain actions such as clicking start and displaying the volume when changing it are... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As of the past few days, I noticed that sometimes when I click the start button on the bottom left of my home screen, it either doesnt load or loads a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/penguinlover777, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Certain actions such as clicking start and displaying the volume when changing it are...

As of the past few days, I noticed that sometimes when I click the start button on the bottom left of my home screen, it either doesnt load or loads a few seconds after i click it. Similarly, when I adjust the volume it takes a few seconds for the volume thing in the top left corner of the screen to display or just doesnt display at all. This morning when I was trying to turn off my computer I clicked the start button a bunch of times with no response. I checked for windows updates and I am up to date on everything. Has anyone else had this problem as of late or pretty much ever on windows 10? Restarting the computer seems to fix this problem but only temporarily before it starts again. For the record I just bought this laptop in December 2019, so it isnt very old. Thank you in advance for the help.

Edit: I would also like to add that many of the task bar functions are slow to react as well, if they respond at all. For example, when I click file explorer which I have pinned to my task bar, it takes a while to load or doesnt load at all

submitted by /u/penguinlover777
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/penguinlover777, Jan 24, 2021
  2. damtachoa Win User

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Bluetooth and volume icon - Windows 10

Hi Shelley,

I apologize for the delayed response. It must be unfortunate that you are still facing the same issue. Let me help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• From the Windows 10 desktop, right-click on the taskbar, then select Properties to open the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties box.

• In the Taskbar tab, left-click the Customize... button on the right of 'Notification area:' to open the Settings/SYSTEM/Notifications & actions window.

• In that window, under Quick actions, left-click on 'Select which icons appear on the taskbar' to open the Settings/SELECT WHICH ICONS APPEAR ON THE TASKBAR window.

• In that window, a list of icons are displayed with their names and on/off switches. Find the Volume icon and select the switch to On. Close the window.

• You may have to restart Windows for this change to take effect.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the volume icon will be back in the taskbar.

And as a work around, I suggest you to download and install the latest Bluetooth drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Certain actions such as clicking start and displaying the volume when changing it are...

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Certain actions such as clicking start and displaying the volume when changing it are...

1. Certain actions such as clicking start and displaying the volume when changing it are... - Similar Threads - Certain actions such

2. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bsod when doing certain actions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bsod when doing certain actions: since thursday last thursday of august my pc started getting bsods with the stop code MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, happening only on things like switching servers on discord while having a game open, opening it CS:GO, and joining a server in csgo, or closing csgo. i have tried windows...
  3. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bsod when doing certain actions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bsod when doing certain actions: since thursday last thursday of august my pc started getting bsods with the stop code MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, happening only on things like switching servers on discord while having a game open, opening it CS:GO, and joining a server in csgo, or closing csgo. i have tried windows...
  4. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bsod when doing certain actions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start action button disappears after being clicked but no "action" happens

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start action button disappears after being clicked but no "action" happens: After a quick scan told me that there were threats, I did a full scan. It showed me 2 threats that have the same name: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml. Obviously the next course of action is to get rid of the threat, so I go to click "Start actions" and once I do it disappears,...
  6. Display changes color when button is pushed that is not an option for action

Display changes color when button is pushed that is not an option for action: Display changes color when button is pushed that is not an option for action https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-changes-color-when-button-is-pushed-that/66f5636b-9d20-4158-b1d6-3cd29a0aa98e
  7. Cursor jumping around when performing certain actions

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor jumping around when performing certain actions: Hello I have a problem where my mouse cursor jump around all over the place when I click on certain things. For example: When I have windows open on both screens and I minimize one, the cursor jumps to the other screen When I click on start button the cursor jumps to the...
  8. Volume display too big when changing volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume display too big when changing volume: Is there any way to change the display that comes up when changing the volume? Pretty much every application that I change the volume on (YouTube, Spotify, Netflix, etc.) has the same big volume display in the top left corner and it's annoying. Is there a way to make it...
  9. No response when clicking action center, clock, sound volume, network taskbar icons

No response when clicking action center, clock, sound volume, network taskbar icons: Dell PC Running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19041 2004 Since updating windows to latest version, I have not been able to access various taskbar system apps Action Center, Clock, Sound Volume, Network when left clicking icons. In addition, there's no response when right...
  10. Certain keys unexpectedly change my volume...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Certain keys unexpectedly change my volume...: I was using my computer keyboard with a music synthesizer app, and when I played a chord I noticed that my volume on my computer increased. After a little bit of experimenting, I discovered that if I pushed the D Y and J keys at the same time, my volume would go up as if I...