Windows 10: Certain app icons in the taskbar are appearing improperly pixelated

Discus and support Certain app icons in the taskbar are appearing improperly pixelated in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For some reason, specific app icons aren't displaying properly on my taskbar. The problem happens inconsistently -- sometimes an icon will show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CamdenRobinson, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Certain app icons in the taskbar are appearing improperly pixelated

For some reason, specific app icons aren't displaying properly on my taskbar. The problem happens inconsistently -- sometimes an icon will show correctly, and then it will get messed up again. It seems to happen most commonly with my Notes icon and my OneNote icon. In the screenshots, you will see that each of these icons shows correctly in one of these displays -- but not the other.Things I have already tried: Deleting icon cache, exiting and restarting Windows Explorer, unpinning and re-pinning the app, exiting and restarting the app.

:)

CamdenRobinson, Aug 23, 2022
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 23, 2022
  3. Mail & Edge won't appear along taskbar & no icons are appearing for either.

Hi Ramon

I have run the SFC and a clean boot as you suggest but the problem persists.

Another little example of the problem is I opened the Calculator app for use recently, and upon minimising it the icon did not appear on the taskbar below and so Calculator became no longer retrievable from that point.

I have now managed to pin the Mail app to the taskbar, but this was only achieved by finding an old email and opening it through Mail which was set as the default program. Mail still does not appear in the programs list.

Any further suggestions?

chasunderpay, Aug 23, 2022
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Certain app icons in the taskbar are appearing improperly pixelated

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Aug 23, 2022
Thema:

Certain app icons in the taskbar are appearing improperly pixelated

1. Certain app icons in the taskbar are appearing improperly pixelated - Similar Threads - Certain app icons

2. Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing: Started up my laptop Windows icons and taskbar icons are not appearing and not its responding. Start menu won't open either.I already tried the Shift+ctrl+esc solution nothing happens. Please please help...
  3. Certain app icons in the taskbar are appearing improperly pixelated

Certain app icons in the taskbar are appearing improperly pixelated: For some reason, specific app icons aren't displaying properly on my taskbar. The problem happens inconsistently -- sometimes an icon will show correctly, and then it will get messed up again. It seems to happen most commonly with my Notes icon and my OneNote icon. In the...
  4. Certain app icons in the taskbar are appearing improperly pixelated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Certain app icons in the taskbar are appearing improperly pixelated: For some reason, specific app icons aren't displaying properly on my taskbar. The problem happens inconsistently -- sometimes an icon will show correctly, and then it will get messed up again. It seems to happen most commonly with my Notes icon and my OneNote icon. In the...
  5. Icons for certain apps aren't appearing in taskbar search box window [Windows 10]

in Cortana
    Icons for certain apps aren't appearing in taskbar search box window [Windows 10]: Hi, I'm running into an issue where I can't see the rightful icons to apps in the window that pops up for the taskbar search box. [ATTACH] Please see the image above. As you can see, apps like Netflix, Settings, Microsoft Store aren't displaying their icons properly....
  6. Weird Visual Pixel Glitch on certain apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Visual Pixel Glitch on certain apps: This problem started when I went to take a screenshot of something on the Porofessor app by using the keyboard shortcut shift+windows key+s. It's been almost a month and I still get this glitch and to make matters worse, I just discovered that it's happening on Wallpaper...
  7. Certain apps overlay one pixel.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Certain apps overlay one pixel.: A couple months ago I had built my own computer and quickly noticed that certain full screen apps such as Twitch and Spotify will overlay one pixel onto my other monitor when full screened. I have not been able to find anyone else with this issue, but I am worried it has to...
  8. Certain Taskbar icons not displaying

Certain Taskbar icons not displaying: Very recently, my I noticed that my calendar and mail icons were not showing up on the taskbar, even though they were still fully functional. The icons displayed on the search screen or list of apps or microsoft store, just not in the taskbar. If I create a shortcut on my...
  9. Some apps appear all pixelated

in Windows 10 Support
    Some apps appear all pixelated: Hello everyone. Here's my problem in a simple screenshot : [ATTACH] I have the same issue with the small Skype window that pops up when you reduce the app (no screenshot yet). I'm running W10 Pro 1709 at 1920x1080, DPI scaling at 100% As you can see icons and most text...
  10. No taskbar, no icons appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    No taskbar, no icons appearing: I can't get into the settings to factory reset my computer. I use windows buttom + i. It never loads. I already tried going into powershell and copy and pasting what's normally pasted into there. It never finishes loading up the command so I just close it after. Please Help...