Windows 10: Certain applications look much larger?

Discus and support Certain applications look much larger? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; UPDATE: FIXED IT! The custom scaling level was set at 150% for some reason... I moved it back down to 100%, signed out and signed back in and problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alphaheat, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Alphaheat Win User

Certain applications look much larger?

UPDATE: FIXED IT! The custom scaling level was set at 150% for some reason... I moved it back down to 100%, signed out and signed back in and problem was fixed. Hooray.

I started up my PC today and I noticed that certain things look much larger than before. For example applications such as Photoshop appear bigger. On top of that, the page scroll bar on Chrome is a lot larger than usual and certain Windows features such as Volume Mixer look big as well.

Here is PS for example. I have a 1440P display and if you view the image in it's full size, you can tell that it's big.

Certain applications look much larger? [​IMG]

Here is the Volume Mixer I was talking about. The scroll bar on the bottom is bigger and the icons and such are big as well.

Certain applications look much larger? [​IMG]

I've checked the resolution in Display Settings and it is set at the correct resolution: 2560 x 1440

I have a G-Sync display so I can change the resolutions via NVIDIA Control Panel as well. The resolution there is set to the correct one as well.

I restarted my computer but the problem still persists. This problem did not occur yesterday at all. I was using my PC the entire day without any problems.

:)

Alphaheat, Jun 2, 2017
  2. badmanab Win User

Looking for an application

I'd try www.getjar.com

badmanab, Jun 2, 2017
  3. Certain applications in Windows can't see certain folders on a drive. What is going on?

I have a hard drive that I keep all my audio related work on, but certain applications, for reasons I cannot fathom, don't see all the folders on it. Can anyone help? It's resulting in me not being able to get some important work done!

This is what the drive looks like in Explorer:

Imgur

But this is what Kontakt sees:

Imgur

Which is the same as what Reaper's Media Explorer sees:

Imgur

What's going on here? Why is it certain applications can't see certain folders? Folders I really need them to see!

JeremyRichardCorbett, Jun 2, 2017
Thema:

Certain applications look much larger?

1. Certain applications look much larger? - Similar Threads - Certain applications much

2. Bigger and larger window slider for all applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bigger and larger window slider for all applications: Is there any official way to make those sliders larger and bigger so I can easily click them without getting brain tumor? Why did they made them so small anyways this isnt iphone. And yes I did enabled the setting under Visual settings under new settings panel....
  3. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size: Hello,So I have this 4TB external SSD that I formatted with exFAT so that it could be compatible with any computer I plug it into.The problem is that most of the files I put on the drive take up much more space on the drive than it should.The "Size on disk" is so much larger...
  4. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size: Hello,So I have this 4TB external SSD that I formatted with exFAT so that it could be compatible with any computer I plug it into.The problem is that most of the files I put on the drive take up much more space on the drive than it should.The "Size on disk" is so much larger...
  5. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

6. Discoloration on certain applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discoloration on certain applications: When i use certain applications, such as Steam and Discord, there is a major shift of discoloration, giving everything a slight purple hue. This has started affecting my default applications like Windows Explorer, where images will be displayed normally, but when opened with...
  7. Discoloration on certain applications

Discoloration on certain applications: When i use certain applications, such as Steam and Discord, there is a major shift of discoloration, giving everything a slight purple hue. This has started affecting my default applications like Windows Explorer, where images will be displayed normally, but when opened with...
  8. Certain applications not launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain applications not launching: I have had problems with various applications on my computer randomly stop working. It started a few months ago when a program called Overwolf randomly stopped launching, not even giving an error code. Later more apps started failing, including Logitech G hub, and bluestacks....
  9. Looking for an application

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for an application: Im looking for an app that gives a live view of a cut out part of a window on my desktop as kinda like a pop out so i don't have to have that particular window open but i have a pop out of the part of the window that i need to see as a live view eg. If I’m looking at a timer...
  10. applications look fine, the rest of my pc is suddenly MUCH darker

in Windows 10 Customization
    applications look fine, the rest of my pc is suddenly MUCH darker: as it stated in the title, chrome looks fine, my games look fine, everything looks fine...except my desktop background, the settings on my pc, the task bar, it's all much darker. happened today after classes, nothing was downloaded in that time as far as i remember. - - -...