Windows 10: Certain apps can't connect to internet

Discus and support Certain apps can't connect to internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, A while back my laptop wouldn't connect to the WiFi, however I got around this by connecting to my mobile phone's hotspot which utilises the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Magnatolia, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Certain apps can't connect to internet

Hi all,

A while back my laptop wouldn't connect to the WiFi, however I got around this by connecting to my mobile phone's hotspot which utilises the phones connection to the main wifi.

Not sure if that's related, but I'm noticing certain apps act like I'm not on the internet. BitDefender won't update, can't load any free VPN applications, etc.

I managed to source this line from one of the free VPN application logs: "API request Login failed: DNS-resolution failed"

Yet my internet connection works fine. I can view websites, download files, etc.

Any thoughts on how to figure out the cause? Thanks!

:)

Magnatolia, Aug 14, 2020

2. Internet connectivity

Thank you for sharing more details. We would like to verify you are using the Windows Defender Firewall so we can isolate the issue. In some instances, the firewall is blocking the internet connection when using certain apps. At the same time, we also suggest
    the following methods below for initial troubleshooting.

Step 1: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter. The troubleshooter can help identify
    and repair problems automatically.

Step 2: Modify the connection settings in the Internet Options.

• In the Windows search bar, type Internet Options.
    • In the Internet Options window, go to the Connections
      tab.
    • Under the Proxy server section, untick the Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click OK then Apply and OK
      again to save changes.
    • Launch the apps and check if you are able to connect to the internet.

After following these basic steps, let us know the outcome so we can give you additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Internet connection

Hi Trevor,

In order for to provide the steps needed in resolving this intermittent Internet connection, we would like to gather more information.

• Do you happen to notice the activity that you're doing when the Internet connection gets disconnected?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Does this happen when opening certain websites or certain browsers only?
    • What is the build and version of your Windows 10? You may check it by following these steps: Press
      Windows key + R, type "winver" and hit
      Enter.

As our initial troubleshooting step, you may try booting your computer in
    safe mode
    during the time that your Internet connection gets disconnected. In safe mode, your computer will only start your computer using a limited set of drivers and software. This troubleshooting step will help us verify whether this issue is being caused
    by a third party app/driver or not.

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Certain apps can't connect to internet

Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Certain apps can't connect to internet

1. Certain apps can't connect to internet - Similar Threads - Certain apps can't

2. Why won’t my internet connect to certain apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won’t my internet connect to certain apps: Hello, my internet has been working perfectly fine. I’m able to use YouTube and other apps on my laptop just fine. There are currently two apps that won’t connect to the internet. Minecraft, and war thunder. I’ve tested it out with my mobile phone hotspot and it works, not...
  3. Why won’t my internet connect to certain apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won’t my internet connect to certain apps: Hello, my internet has been working perfectly fine. I’m able to use YouTube and other apps on my laptop just fine. There are currently two apps that won’t connect to the internet. Minecraft, and war thunder. I’ve tested it out with my mobile phone hotspot and it works, not...
  4. Certain apps can't connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain apps can't connect to the internet.: Hello,I've searched and tried several fixes I've seen here that deal with similar issues with no result.I noticed around a month and a half ago or so I couldn't load any pages through steam, so I uninstalled it thinking it was just a problem with it. Then I saw the installer...
  5. Certain apps can't connect to the internet.

Certain apps can't connect to the internet.: Hello,I've searched and tried several fixes I've seen here that deal with similar issues with no result.I noticed around a month and a half ago or so I couldn't load any pages through steam, so I uninstalled it thinking it was just a problem with it. Then I saw the installer...
  6. Certain apps can't connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 10 cannot connect certain apps to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 cannot connect certain apps to the internet: Hello,For the past few months, I've been having trouble connecting to the internet but only using certain apps like Discord and games like Roblox. My internet works fine however on other apps like Chrome and Valorant. I've already tried most of the common solutions and even...
  8. Windows 10 cannot connect certain apps to the internet

Windows 10 cannot connect certain apps to the internet: Hello,For the past few months, I've been having trouble connecting to the internet but only using certain apps like Discord and games like Roblox. My internet works fine however on other apps like Chrome and Valorant. I've already tried most of the common solutions and even...
  9. Windows 10 cannot connect certain apps to the internet

10. need internet connection for certain apps when i have connection

need internet connection for certain apps when i have connection: Certain Apps say I have need internet connection and I have a connection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-internet-connection-for-certain-apps-when-i/a5be0bdb-7218-4738-b088-a01d73d114f7