Windows 10: Certain apps not appearing in Windows 10 search box

Discus and support Certain apps not appearing in Windows 10 search box in Cortana to solve the problem; I recently reset my PC after a recent problem I've had for quite a few months involving a missing cursor. Though the cursor has now been appearing on... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by TXRGAMING, Mar 6, 2023.

1. TXRGAMING Win User

Certain apps not appearing in Windows 10 search box

I recently reset my PC after a recent problem I've had for quite a few months involving a missing cursor. Though the cursor has now been appearing on regular startup, I noticed that most to all apps I've installed after the reset either appear as "run commands" or just Bing searches when I try to use the search box. Pre-reset, I was accommodated to just typing a few letters and hitting enter as the search would autocomplete my text, but now I need to scroll through my apps to find it. I've tried a few solutions but all I've found were either old posts or irrelevant to my current situation.An e

:)

TXRGAMING, Mar 6, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 6, 2023
  3. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 6, 2023
  4. JohnHeinz Win User

Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Mar 6, 2023
Thema:

1. Certain apps not appearing in Windows 10 search box - Similar Threads - Certain apps appearing

2. Certain apps not appearing in Windows 10 search box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain apps not appearing in Windows 10 search box: I recently reset my PC after a recent problem I've had for quite a few months involving a missing cursor. Though the cursor has now been appearing on regular startup, I noticed that most to all apps I've installed after the reset either appear as "run commands" or just Bing...
  3. Certain apps not appearing in Windows 10 search box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain apps not appearing in Windows 10 search box: I recently reset my PC after a recent problem I've had for quite a few months involving a missing cursor. Though the cursor has now been appearing on regular startup, I noticed that most to all apps I've installed after the reset either appear as "run commands" or just Bing...
  4. weird code appears in the search box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird code appears in the search box: what is this weird code or message appears in the search box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-code-appears-in-the-search-box/1c538f5c-6c30-473c-8bf6-db061b5dc849
  5. weird code appears in the search box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird code appears in the search box: what is this weird code or message appears in the search box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-code-appears-in-the-search-box/1c538f5c-6c30-473c-8bf6-db061b5dc849
  6. Abnormal appearance of the search box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Abnormal appearance of the search box: Hello,Since a few days I have witnessed that the search box looks abnormal suddenly. The magnifying glass suddenly disappears and there is slight blue tinge that appears in the box. All of it returns to normal when I just hover the curser on the search box. Is there a...
  7. Icons for certain apps aren't appearing in taskbar search box window [Windows 10]

in Cortana
    Icons for certain apps aren't appearing in taskbar search box window [Windows 10]: Hi, I'm running into an issue where I can't see the rightful icons to apps in the window that pops up for the taskbar search box. [ATTACH] Please see the image above. As you can see, apps like Netflix, Settings, Microsoft Store aren't displaying their icons properly....
  8. Certain Windows 10 apps appear extremely "grainy"

in Windows 10 Support
    Certain Windows 10 apps appear extremely "grainy": Hey, For about 2 months now I've noticed that a few apps on my computer appear to be very "grainy". I can't think of any other word to describe it and I can't find any solutions online about this problem. I attached a screenshot below of one of the many apps that this...
  9. Search bar appears as a black box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search bar appears as a black box: After I power on my laptop and log in, I would normally use the search function to pull up Steam or Instagram. Though recently I've noticed that when I type anything into the search bar, the box above it which should display the results is a black box. It does not show any...
  10. Windows Store appearing in search box but not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store appearing in search box but not working: A couple of weeks I wanted to use the windows store but I had an error that apps installation would result in an error y search for a solution here in the community and I found that I should reset the windows store going to the app in the settings. I did so but now when I...