Windows 10: Certain apps not staying pinned to the Taskbar

Discus and support Certain apps not staying pinned to the Taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am having an issue whereby the last few apps I installed in my laptop don't stay pinned to the taskbar anymore. The worst offender is the Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SteveHargreaves, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Certain apps not staying pinned to the Taskbar

I am having an issue whereby the last few apps I installed in my laptop don't stay pinned to the taskbar anymore. The worst offender is the Windows 10 Twitter app. The others I can live without always being pinned there, but I use Twitter a lot. Basically I pin it to the taskbar and as long as my laptop is powered on it stays there, but if I ever have to restart my computer because of updates etc, Twitter vanishes and I have to re-pin it to the taskbar. Same for anything new I try to pin. Any older pins which were done more than a couple of months ago seem fine and stay pinned. Can anyone she

:)

SteveHargreaves, Aug 11, 2021
  2. Albeeone Win User

OneDrive files won't stay pinned to taskbar

If a pin an excel files that is saved in my OneDrive folder to the pinned excel files list in the taskbar, once I open that file it disappears from the pinned list. This only happens with files saved in the OneDrive folder. Any files saved in my documents
    remain pinned to the taskbar. How can I get the OneDrive files to stay pinned? They stayed pinned before but just started disappearing this last week.

Albeeone, Aug 11, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Aug 11, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Certain apps not staying pinned to the Taskbar

Can't pin certain desktop shortcuts to taskbar

Hello Don,

Apps and programs can be pinned to the taskbar, but not files. Instead, files (ex: .xls) can be pinned inside the jump list of it's pinned default program (ex: Excel).

Jump Lists - Pin or Unpin Items - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hope this helps, Certain apps not staying pinned to the Taskbar :)
    Shawn

Brink, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

Certain apps not staying pinned to the Taskbar

1. Certain apps not staying pinned to the Taskbar - Similar Threads - Certain apps staying

2. Taskbar not pinning APPS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not pinning APPS: Hello I'm trying to pin applications on the task bar like google chrome and steam but every time I click pin to task bar it doesn't pin it, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-not-pinning-apps/db37b999-97be-4215-96d0-60835a2dcb61
  3. Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar': [ATTACH] Hello all. I am trying to add some functionality to my taskbar icon for Microsoft Edge browser, similar to the pic posted below. Notice the Pinned section of the popup for Firefox. I put those links there myself, by clicking on the desired site's address in the...
  4. Xbox app will not stay off of Taskbar

Xbox app will not stay off of Taskbar: I remove the Xbox app off of the Taskbar, yet every time I restart my computer, it shows back up. It’s an incredible nuisance. I don’t want to delete it. I just don’t need it cluttering my taskbar....
  5. Icon doesn't stay pinned to the TaskBar

Icon doesn't stay pinned to the TaskBar: I saw threads from 2017 about this and they were closed. I have to say that today everything updated as of the creation of this thread that for instance, Messenger beta pinned to the Taskbar from the Start menu, will be pinned ok but after closing the app, the icon goes away...
  6. Icon staying pinned to taskbar

Icon staying pinned to taskbar: I pin messenger icon to my taskbar - it stays for a couple of hours then disappears. How do I get it to stay? I have clicked pin to taskbar and it stays then goes. I want it to stay...
  7. Taskbar pinned apps moving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar pinned apps moving: I just got a new computer running Win10 build 1909, and my old computer was running 1709. In 1709 my pinned apps would stay in the order they were pinned. I found this useful as I would use the keyboard shortcuts to open the first 3 pinned apps i.e: Win+1 to open Sticky...
  8. working with pinned apps in the taskbar

working with pinned apps in the taskbar: hello everyone, i want to discuss the behaviour of pinned applications in the taskbar in win 10 if the things i state are false please feel free to educate me, i will appreciate it. the current state in windows 10 is as follows; if you pin an app to the taskbar the...
  9. Can't pin certain desktop shortcuts to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't pin certain desktop shortcuts to taskbar: I'm using MS Office and find some Desktop shortcuts will not pin to the Taskbar. My Desktop shortcut to Outlook pins just fine but, shortcuts to FILES will not pin or drag' For example, I have a Desktop shortcut to a "something.xls" (Excel) file which, when clicked, opens...
  10. Chrome not staying pinned to taskbar, always in Recently Added

in Windows 10 Support
    Chrome not staying pinned to taskbar, always in Recently Added: Just as the title says, the Chrome shortcut isn't staying pinned to the taskbar. Something of note is that upon logging in, it's there for a few moments, only to remove itself. It's also reappearing on the Recently Added list in the start menu upon startup, even though I've...