Windows 10: Certain Apps Will Not Run

Discus and support Certain Apps Will Not Run in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This problem just recently began, and for some unknown reason this issue only happens with my Chrome and Discord apps, they literally just will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SuitedSandwich, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Certain Apps Will Not Run

This problem just recently began, and for some unknown reason this issue only happens with my Chrome and Discord apps, they literally just will not run. It says in my taskbar and task manager that they are running and when I hover over them I can see the screen of what you'd expect to see when you initially start the app but it just wont open when I click it. I tried uninstalling and installing, I tried running as an admin, I tried multiple different YouTube tutorials that probably just made matters worse, I tried troubleshooting, I tried a lot, you get .I have absolutely no clue what to do and I have tried everything I can think of. This is super frustrating and idk what to do. Ideas?

submitted by /u/SuitedSandwich
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SuitedSandwich, Sep 29, 2020
  2. John Sarc Win User

stoping running programs

Hi,

There are certain apps in Windows that aren't possible to be stopped as they're needed by your system. If you want to stop certain apps to be stopped from running in the back ground, follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key, and type in "task manager".
    • Choose Task Manager > More details.
    • Right-click on the apps that you want to stop from running, and click on
      End task

Let us know what happens after following the suggestion.

John Sarc, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Certain Apps Will Not Run :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Certain Apps Will Not Run

Microsoft Jigsaw and Solitaire apps will not load and run

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issues with Windows store download and Windows updates too, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.

Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Step 3: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Updatetroubleshooter:

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickWindows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 4:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Certain Apps Will Not Run

1. Certain Apps Will Not Run - Similar Threads - Certain Apps Run

2. Certain apps running on Windows 11 have tiny fonts......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain apps running on Windows 11 have tiny fonts......: The app I'm mainly concerned with is Outlook 2016. I don't need the typical stationary and fonts answer. When I open the app I have to squint to see the text displayed on the app itself.I've gone the route of stationary and fonts, the zoom slider, and various other things...
  3. Certain apps running on Windows 11 have tiny fonts......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain apps running on Windows 11 have tiny fonts......: The app I'm mainly concerned with is Outlook 2016. I don't need the typical stationary and fonts answer. When I open the app I have to squint to see the text displayed on the app itself.I've gone the route of stationary and fonts, the zoom slider, and various other things...
  4. Certain apps not installing

Certain apps not installing: After Running the installation file nothing is happening like I haven't even opened the file It sometimes even giving error The application could not be started correctly 0xc0000005....
  5. Microsoft store won't run certain apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store won't run certain apps.: I have just recently replaced my hard drive and migrated my minecraft account to microsoft. Which means I need to install the launcher and I own a copy of the game but when I go to play the launcher it says "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make...
  6. Microsoft store won't run certain apps.

Microsoft store won't run certain apps.: I have just recently replaced my hard drive and migrated my minecraft account to microsoft. Which means I need to install the launcher and I own a copy of the game but when I go to play the launcher it says "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make...
  7. Windows 10X comes with a special feature to run certain apps

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10X comes with a special feature to run certain apps: Windows 10X, a modular and lightweight version of Windows 10 and Windows Core OS (WCOS), could be released to manufacturers or at least hit the RTM status in December, but it won’t come with native support for Win32 desktop apps. Rumour suggests that Windows 10X will be...
  8. Screensaver not working while certain apps are running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screensaver not working while certain apps are running: My screensaver isn’t automatically turning on while apps like games are running passively. Is there any way to change this? submitted by /u/migel210 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ggqwtj/screensaver_not_working_while_certain_apps_are/
  9. Computer hangs up/freezes when running certain apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer hangs up/freezes when running certain apps: Hello A few weeks ago my computer started completely freezing. When those freezes occur the computer is totally unresponsive and requires a reboot, however they only happen when running certain programs. Windows Version number : 1903 When does it happen? Playing youtube...
  10. Cant run certain app program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant run certain app program: I clean my registry. But i 4got to back it up.now, i cant click "file folder>options".Cant use system restore "error 0x80073b01 the resource cache doesnt have loaded mui entry" both in safe mode and normal mode.. And repairing windows failed.please help...