Windows 10: Certain apps won't open after install

Discus and support Certain apps won't open after install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I press launch on certain apps I get an application error event-ID 1000. I've experienced this problem on three different applications now. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bjoe60, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Bjoe60 Win User

Certain apps won't open after install

When I press launch on certain apps I get an application error event-ID 1000.

I've experienced this problem on three different applications now. For each of the applications I haven't been able to launch them at all after installing them. I've tried to reinstall them, but the same thing happens: A loading icon shows up by the cursor for a few seconds, but then nothing else happens.

Here's my log from event viewer with the errors after trying to launch some of the applications, the link also contains the reports created:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak-ah1LSiu5v5U_mV6gsQfhhwzbT?e=ecMigE

I've already tried the 'sfc/scannow' scan, but it says there isn't any corruption detected.

:)

Bjoe60, Sep 18, 2020

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Certain apps won't open after install :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 18, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. Certain apps won't open after install - Similar Threads - Certain apps won't

2. Calendar won't open after Mail App re-installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar won't open after Mail App re-installed: HP Smart Friend tech support advised me today that I needed to contact Microsoft about a problem with Windows Mail 10 and Calendar, as they have been getting many calls re problems with this app in the past two days. HP tech support did a reset of the app. When that didn't...
  3. Calendar won't open after Mail App re-installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar won't open after Mail App re-installed: HP Smart Friend tech support advised me today that I needed to contact Microsoft about a problem with Windows Mail 10 and Calendar, as they have been getting many calls re problems with this app in the past two days. HP tech support did a reset of the app. When that didn't...
  4. Certain apps not installing

Certain apps not installing: After Running the installation file nothing is happening like I haven't even opened the file It sometimes even giving error The application could not be started correctly 0xc0000005....
  5. Certain apps not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain apps not installing: After Running the installation file nothing is happening like I haven't even opened the file It sometimes even giving error The application could not be started correctly 0xc0000005....
  6. Cannot Open Certain Apps

Cannot Open Certain Apps: Hi,When I proceed to open the Minecraft launcher on my Windows 10 laptop I am met with an error code stating: Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you...
  7. Cannot Open Certain Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Open Certain Apps: Hi,When I proceed to open the Minecraft launcher on my Windows 10 laptop I am met with an error code stating: Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you...
  8. UWP app won't open after cloning Win10 install

UWP app won't open after cloning Win10 install: I run a game server that uses a UWP app from the Windows Store. I've been operating it from a VM for a long time now but I've finally got an opening to move it to a physical machine. I've successfully transitioned the OS from the VM to a physical HD on a separate machine....
  9. Microsoft apps and Store won't open and won't install

Microsoft apps and Store won't open and won't install: Hey guys, 2/3 days ago I resetted my msi laptop, but after the reset I can't open Microsoft apps anymore, like the calculator, photos, alarms & clock, weather, Microsoft store, etc. (Microsoft edge works just fine tho) I already tried numerous 'solutions' from these pages:...
  10. Windows 10 won't let me open, uninstall, or install certain apps. Why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't let me open, uninstall, or install certain apps. Why?: I just got a new hard drive and Windows 10, while installing apps/programs from the Windows Store certain applications fail to install, like Skype and iTunes. They show up in Start but I can't open them. They don't show up in the Apps list or Uninstall Programs; right click...