Windows 10: Certain colors turn negative after the screen times out

Discus and support Certain colors turn negative after the screen times out in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time after my screen times out on my Windows 10 laptop, nearly every color will turn negative once I turn the screen back on. This persists until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hendrick Brasz, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Certain colors turn negative after the screen times out

Every time after my screen times out on my Windows 10 laptop, nearly every color will turn negative once I turn the screen back on. This persists until I restart my laptop, or open and close it. Since it's not every color that's affected, it makes it nearly impossible to see anything or get any work done, and simply inverting the colors again wouldn't help. Because of this, every time it happens, I'm forced to close and open my laptop, taking a while to restart and slowing down my work. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my display adapter, as that was the solution to a similar problem, but the problem was not solved. I don't have high contrast settings on. Is there any way to fix this problem?

:)

Hendrick Brasz, Apr 23, 2020

2. Negative screen

When I press CAPS Lock and Num Lock Keys and then plug in or unplug a USB device the screen turns negative for a while. This negative screen doesn’t affect the computer performance. I did some troubleshooting steps like screen color calibration,
    then I unplugged all the USB devices.

YunStevens, Apr 23, 2020
  3. the colors on my screen changed to negative colors i'm susing window 7

I had same question the colors on my screen changed to negative colors i'm susing window 7 don't know how to get back to normal colors

As we don`t know what happened to the lead up to this event.

Can you post a screen shot or snip of what it looks like ???

Going by your question i suggest try this first.

Go to the Start Menu and type in Personalization and press the Enter Key.

Once the Window opens select the Aero Themes Windows 7 Harmony and see if that changes back to the original default theme.

If it does then remember to save it.

its is also quite possible that you may have accidentally set a high contrast theme through the Ease of Access Center by a certain Key Combination.

Have a check in there as well.

You will find it in your Control Panel.

Frank N St31n, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Certain colors turn negative after the screen times out

change from inverted negative colors to normal of websites

Testing the color choices in personalization, I selected the windows into inverted negative then I changed back to normal light colors but the websites are stuck in negative inverted and it's hard to see pictures...

Anyone know how to turn it back to light normal colors... please help!!!

Thank you,

freckles913, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Certain colors turn negative after the screen times out

1. Certain colors turn negative after the screen times out - Similar Threads - Certain colors turn

2. How to turn on lock screen after a certain amount of idle time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn on lock screen after a certain amount of idle time.: Hello, how do I set the lock screen to activate after 1 minute? I don`t want to use a screen saver, and I don´t want the screen to turn off. I only want the lock screen to appear after 1 minute. Thank you. Windows 11 Home, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155...
  3. How to turn on lock screen after a certain amount of idle time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn on lock screen after a certain amount of idle time.: Hello, how do I set the lock screen to activate after 1 minute? I don`t want to use a screen saver, and I don´t want the screen to turn off. I only want the lock screen to appear after 1 minute. Thank you. Windows 11 Home, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155...
  4. My screen colors got invertedshowing in negative colors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My screen colors got invertedshowing in negative colors: Few days ago, suddenly I saw my laptop screen colors got inverted. It is showing in negative colors. I checked all the settings if I turned on any inverted color option but everything is set off. Inverted colors are showing from boot up of the system. So I thought its graphic...
  5. My screen colors got invertedshowing in negative colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen colors got invertedshowing in negative colors: Few days ago, suddenly I saw my laptop screen colors got inverted. It is showing in negative colors. I checked all the settings if I turned on any inverted color option but everything is set off. Inverted colors are showing from boot up of the system. So I thought its graphic...
  6. My screen colors got invertedshowing in negative colors

7. Screen turns negative colors when Windows error occurs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turns negative colors when Windows error occurs: When Windows throws a non-critical error for example, when you press a Q key in a folder and File Manager cant find any file starting with Q, you can also hear a error sound, screen turns negative colors for a second and gets back to normal. I have already checked Ease of...
  8. Screen turns negative colors when Windows error occurs

Screen turns negative colors when Windows error occurs: When Windows throws a non-critical error for example, when you press a Q key in a folder and File Manager cant find any file starting with Q, you can also hear a error sound, screen turns negative colors for a second and gets back to normal. I have already checked Ease of...
  9. Screen is displaying in inverted colors like a photo negative

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen is displaying in inverted colors like a photo negative: Hey there, My windows 10 version is 1803 OS build 17134.1006 I am experiencing this issue since pas 4-5 days, and on searching on internet and following the fixes, unable to fix it up. Can you guys please help me to resolve this. [IMG]...
  10. Color inverted (turned to negative) on monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color inverted (turned to negative) on monitor.: I got a new laptop with windows 10. I was playing with the personalization controls in order to personalize it. Somewhere along the line I pushed a button that did this. Now I've forgotten where I did this. Help, I really messed up. I want my regular colors back. Oh, I thank...