Windows 10: Certain commands not responding

Discus and support Certain commands not responding in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, Sorry to trouble you but I am just starting to use speech to text in Windows 10. I have studied the tutorials and made reasonable progress but... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by pegasus888, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Certain commands not responding

Hi,

Sorry to trouble you but I am just starting to use speech to text in Windows 10.

I have studied the tutorials and made reasonable progress but I am stuck on selecting certain commands. The main one is when I want to insert a commer. The program always responds by giving the literal word and not an actual commer character symbol.

Is there a way to over come the problem?

Regards,

David

:)

pegasus888, Apr 27, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Certain commands not responding :)

3. D Gittins Win User
    Cortana won't respond to commands.

• Have you tried installing any pending updates on your device?

Yes. I've installed all available updates from MS.
    • What are the steps have you done so far to isolate the issue?

I've run the troubleshooter. I've verified that the mic works for all other apps.
    • Have you tried restarting your device? By simply restarting your device or PC can resolve the issue.

I've restarted many times. The problem has been persistent for months.

When I say, 'Hey Cortana' it initially responds. The circle starts turning as if waiting for my command. But it doesn't respond to any further commands.

The microphone is obviously working because Cortana hears the "Hey Cortana" command but does not respond to any further voice commands. There's no indication from the graph that Cortana hears anything after the initial "Hey Cortana" command.

D Gittins, Apr 27, 2019
  4. ryanly Win User

Certain commands not responding

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Certain commands not responding

1. Certain commands not responding - Similar Threads - Certain commands responding

2. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  3. Windows Not Responding to commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Not Responding to commands: Hi All,Not sure why its happening but windows isn't responding to certain commands. Whenever I try to search in the windows start menu it just buffers, if I try open the settings for WiFi or Bluetooth etc nothing happens. I can open files that are on the desktop. I have run...
  4. Windows Not Responding to commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Not Responding to commands: Hi All,Not sure why its happening but windows isn't responding to certain commands. Whenever I try to search in the windows start menu it just buffers, if I try open the settings for WiFi or Bluetooth etc nothing happens. I can open files that are on the desktop. I have run...
  5. Keyboard not working or responding to command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working or responding to command: Thank you for your help. The keyboard doesn't respond to command, space bar or clicks don't work. The keys don't function or respond again, it make the system look as if it is slow or freezing. Do i need to take it to the repair guy....
  6. Preventing Execution Of Certain Commands

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Preventing Execution Of Certain Commands: Hello Team, Hope you are well ! I just want to know whether we can prevent certain commands in Windows Defender ATP. I want to prevent execution of below command running on Windows10: " cd C:\:$i30:$bitmap "...
  7. Games and certain apps not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Games and certain apps not responding: I was installing some python packages and I ran into the following error here. I Later solved it by reinstalling all python related software. Now when ty to open up and games steam of epic they try to start but do not launch. I have all the correct drivers, cleared the cache...
  8. Cortana not responding to voice commands.

in Cortana
    Cortana not responding to voice commands.: Every time I need to talk to cortana, I am required to hit the mic button so that cortana can start listening to me. I even tried going to settings and turned on the "Hey cortana" option on. Still I have to press the mic button every time. The voice command "Hey cortana" is...
  9. Certain folders don't respond

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain folders don't respond: There is a folder named WindowsApps in C:\Program Files LOCATION which I was not able to open at all.It was not even responding to open option and double clicks.. Not even an "Access Denied" error. Nothing happens. I tried changing the permissions to change the owner but...
  10. system not responding to commands

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system not responding to commands: Hello Community, When running windows explorer the system will often stall and there are times my mouse will not function or it will not operate a function when clicking onto it such as exiting a window or rebooting the system. The whole system will freeze up and then the...