Windows 10: Certain Controller buttons not responding correctly

Discus and support Certain Controller buttons not responding correctly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've started using an Xbox One controller lately to play games on my PC. I've noticed that outside of apps that have inherent controller configs you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bobs Tacos, May 28, 2022.

1. Certain Controller buttons not responding correctly

I've started using an Xbox One controller lately to play games on my PC. I've noticed that outside of apps that have inherent controller configs you can set manually my buttons on the controller don't correspond correctly to what I'm pressing in-game. My B button will be the same as the Start button and the A button will be the same as R2.I've tried looking for configs or something I might have set around my PC but I haven't found anything yet. I also tried to get a program that could help changing default configs for better controller support but to no surprise it also made it just use the ke

:)

Bobs Tacos, May 28, 2022
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Certain Controller buttons not responding correctly :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 28, 2022
  3. imanalien Win User
    No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, May 28, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Certain Controller buttons not responding correctly

Mouse buttons do not respond on wake-up

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps bellow and check if it helps

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 28, 2022
Thema:

Certain Controller buttons not responding correctly

1. Certain Controller buttons not responding correctly - Similar Threads - Certain Controller buttons

2. Certain Controller buttons not responding correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain Controller buttons not responding correctly: I've started using an Xbox One controller lately to play games on my PC. I've noticed that outside of apps that have inherent controller configs you can set manually my buttons on the controller don't correspond correctly to what I'm pressing in-game. My B button will be the...
  3. Certain Controller buttons not responding correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Certain Controller buttons not responding correctly: I've started using an Xbox One controller lately to play games on my PC. I've noticed that outside of apps that have inherent controller configs you can set manually my buttons on the controller don't correspond correctly to what I'm pressing in-game. My B button will be the...
  4. Computer not responding correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not responding correctly: I have a new computer I assembled and I've been getting a persistent if random problem, occasionally something goes wrong and the computer sort of half-freezes. I can still open task manager for example, videos will continue playing for a while but get more and more choppy...
  5. Computer not responding correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not responding correctly: I have a new computer I assembled and I've been getting a persistent if random problem, occasionally something goes wrong and the computer sort of half-freezes. I can still open task manager for example, videos will continue playing for a while but get more and more choppy...
  6. Computer not responding correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Games and certain apps not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Games and certain apps not responding: I was installing some python packages and I ran into the following error here. I Later solved it by reinstalling all python related software. Now when ty to open up and games steam of epic they try to start but do not launch. I have all the correct drivers, cleared the cache...
  8. Wifi button not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi button not responding: I have tried everything from restarting windows explorer and other things. I press the network button in windows 10 from the taskbar and it just wouldnt work and respond....
  9. Certain folders don't respond

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain folders don't respond: There is a folder named WindowsApps in C:\Program Files LOCATION which I was not able to open at all.It was not even responding to open option and double clicks.. Not even an "Access Denied" error. Nothing happens. I tried changing the permissions to change the owner but...
  10. Certain commands not responding

in Cortana
    Certain commands not responding: Hi, Sorry to trouble you but I am just starting to use speech to text in Windows 10. I have studied the tutorials and made reasonable progress but I am stuck on selecting certain commands. The main one is when I want to insert a commer. The program always responds by...