Windows 10: Certain folders don't respond

Discus and support Certain folders don't respond in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There is a folder named WindowsApps in C:\Program Files LOCATION which I was not able to open at all.It was not even responding to open option and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Leshleon, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Leshleon Win User

Certain folders don't respond

There is a folder named WindowsApps in C:\Program Files LOCATION which I was not able to open at all.It was not even responding to open option and double clicks.. Not even an "Access Denied" error. Nothing happens.

I tried changing the permissions to change the owner but that doesnt seem to work either. I also realised that a similar folder is in the location D:.

Why arent these folders responding at all?

Also, I had a DeviceOptimisation folder which acted similarly located in D:. I changed the network file sharing path honestly, Idk what I did after which I was able to viewits contents. I did realise that it was full of useless caches and deletedit permanently.

But yeah, one thing I am missing through these is the "Access Denied" dialogue box or the sorts. For both of those folders.

There is literally no response at all from the WindowsApps folders, no matter what. Before tinkering with the network sharing options, this was the case for theDeviceOptimisation folder too.

And yeah, the hovering message shows that its empty. This was also the case withDeviceOptimisation folder before I was able to open it. It had 6gb size which I viewed in the recycle bin but still showed to be empty.

When I say no response, it means that when I double click or right click ->open/open in new window these files, nothing happens. Nothing opens, no flickers of the file manager window, nothing.

Can I fix this? How?

TIA. Help much appreciated.

Note: I have used BOLD and ITALICS the folders WindowsApps and DeviceOptimisation and their pronouns respectively to be easily distinguishable. Hope it helps.

:)

Leshleon, Dec 26, 2019

2. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Windows 7 Snipping Tool / (Screen Shots-Capture)

1. In the Control Panel > Folder Options > View Tab first check ( tick ) the Show hidden files, folders and Drives and then Apply.
    2. Now navigate to C:\ Program Data \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Start Menu \ Program.
    3. Inside this Program folder , you will find the 'Accessories' folder.
    4. Drag and drop the Accessories Folder on your Start Menu or All programs.
    Did this work ?

If all works again i suggest to go back to Step 1 and re-select Don`t show hidden files. folders and Drives then Apply. so you don`t accidentally delete some of these.

Frank N St31n, Dec 26, 2019
  4. armym3 Win User

WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Certain folders don't respond - Similar Threads - Certain folders don't

2. certain keys on my laptop are not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    certain keys on my laptop are not responding: hello my hp laptops keys have stopped working. specifically the w, r, o, p, and backspace. i’ve tried the device manager thing and uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard and i’ve restarted it quite a few times now. it doesn’t seem to be responsive since normally the keys...
  3. certain keys on my laptop are not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    certain keys on my laptop are not responding: hello my hp laptops keys have stopped working. specifically the w, r, o, p, and backspace. i’ve tried the device manager thing and uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard and i’ve restarted it quite a few times now. it doesn’t seem to be responsive since normally the keys...
  4. Certain Controller buttons not responding correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain Controller buttons not responding correctly: I've started using an Xbox One controller lately to play games on my PC. I've noticed that outside of apps that have inherent controller configs you can set manually my buttons on the controller don't correspond correctly to what I'm pressing in-game. My B button will be the...
  5. Certain Controller buttons not responding correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Certain Controller buttons not responding correctly: I've started using an Xbox One controller lately to play games on my PC. I've noticed that outside of apps that have inherent controller configs you can set manually my buttons on the controller don't correspond correctly to what I'm pressing in-game. My B button will be the...
  6. Folder not responding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder not responding: Hey, I'm trying to open a zip file from the internet, and when I extract the file, it takes a while, and when it does eventually extract and I click on the folder, and the window says it's not responding and essentially crashes. It's only for this file. What's going on here?...
  7. Games and certain apps not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Games and certain apps not responding: I was installing some python packages and I ran into the following error here. I Later solved it by reinstalling all python related software. Now when ty to open up and games steam of epic they try to start but do not launch. I have all the correct drivers, cleared the cache...
  8. Folders not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders not responding: When i click on any folder and then select a file, it hangs. It says on top of the folder "Not Responding". When i close the folder the screen refreshes and the folder closes. But the problem of not responsing persists every time i open the folder and click to open a file....
  9. Certain commands not responding

in Cortana
    Certain commands not responding: Hi, Sorry to trouble you but I am just starting to use speech to text in Windows 10. I have studied the tutorials and made reasonable progress but I am stuck on selecting certain commands. The main one is when I want to insert a commer. The program always responds by...
  10. Windows Explorer Stops Responding on Certain Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Stops Responding on Certain Folder: Hello. Recently, I had two instances when Windows Explorer stopped responding when I tried to access a folder. The first time, it seemed to focus on two video files and when I deleted the files, the folder was fine. The next time, I could not access the folder. I could access...