Windows 10: Certain Folders Not Showing in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Certain Folders Not Showing in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am experiencing an issue where certain folders are not showing in the list of folders under "Videos". I have a folder in the Videos folder,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sjraider, Jan 22, 2020.

1. sjraider Win User

Certain Folders Not Showing in Windows Explorer

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue where certain folders are not showing in the list of folders under "Videos". I have a folder in the Videos folder, and I can search for it and search for files in that particular folder, and they appear, but the the folder where they are housed is not in the Videos folder.

I tried to create a new folder with the exact same name, and it said there was already a folder with that name.

I did an update before this happened, so I did a system restore to last Friday, but the issue persists.

Thank you,

-Scott

:)

sjraider, Jan 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Certain Folders Not Showing in Windows Explorer

Some files are missing in certain folders on Windows 10

I cannot get files in certain folders of my File Explorer. When I open Windows "updates" in Settings, it shows nothing, blank. Any suggestions?

Original title: Disjointed Windows

JanetChehoity, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Certain Folders Not Showing in Windows Explorer

1. Certain Folders Not Showing in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Certain Folders Showing

2. File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders: Hi there!I work in sales and every year, I take all the quotes and orders I've done the past year and put them in a folder titled something like "Quotes 2021" or "Orders 2021". I regularly go back to those quotes or order to use them as a master or just to update the...
  3. File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders: Hi there!I work in sales and every year, I take all the quotes and orders I've done the past year and put them in a folder titled something like "Quotes 2021" or "Orders 2021". I regularly go back to those quotes or order to use them as a master or just to update the...
  4. File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't expand certain folders in windows explorer??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't expand certain folders in windows explorer??: [ATTACH] is there something i'm missing or can the folders just not be expanded? i was able to before i recently updated my computer. the weird thing is that the two folders on the bottom can be expanded though. submitted by /u/HyperCyan [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows explorer freezes when right clicking in a certain folder

Windows explorer freezes when right clicking in a certain folder: I've recently changed the location of my videos folder in This PC, but instead of typing D:\, I accidentally typed D:, which leads the video folder to be D:Videos. Although mostly everything works, when I try to right click in that folder, windows explorer freezes. This also...
  7. File Explorer folders not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer folders not showing: I am unable to open File Explorer to the normal view (folders/files listed down left side of screen e,g, Libraries; OneDrive; This PC; Local C; Network etc.). All I see is Quick Access. I have restarted my computer and reset File Explorer defaults. I have tried to...
  8. Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size

Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size: Need Help, Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size. Its very difficult to identify big size folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-file-explorer-not-showing-folder-size/7b31df8a-3fe7-41d2-97c9-d5cfb6c93cf1"
  9. Windows Explorer Stops Responding on Certain Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Stops Responding on Certain Folder: Hello. Recently, I had two instances when Windows Explorer stopped responding when I tried to access a folder. The first time, it seemed to focus on two video files and when I deleted the files, the folder was fine. The next time, I could not access the folder. I could access...
  10. Certain Glitchy Explorer Windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    Certain Glitchy Explorer Windows?: Good Day to the Windows Ten Forum Folks, I recently updated from Windows 8.1 x64 home to Windows 10 x64 Home. Everything went smoothly except for one inconvenience which I was hoping you could help me resolve. My problem is that recently in Windows 8.1 I was getting...