Windows 10: Certain folders take a really long time to load after factory reset?!

Discus and support Certain folders take a really long time to load after factory reset?! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So a couple of days ago, I accidentally installed a program I didn't want, but it would not let me uninstall it! So I used the factory reset to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dragoncomputer, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Certain folders take a really long time to load after factory reset?!

So a couple of days ago, I accidentally installed a program I didn't want, but it would not let me uninstall it!
    So I used the factory reset to get rid of it! After windows was reinstalled, certain folders take a really long time to load!
    Mostly it's the "this pc" folder, but sometimes other folders will be slow too!
    Also there seems to be "ghost files" even though I selected full reset! It said I had to uninstall the previous version of firefox even though it should have already been gone!
    Ps, I'm not sure if this is in the right section.

:)

dragoncomputer, Oct 18, 2016
  2. Roan T Win User

Files and folders take a long time to load in File explorer

Hi,

To assist you, please clarify the following:

• Did you make any changes on your computer before the issue started?

• Is the issue limited to a
      specific type of file, or does it happen to all file types?

Regards.

Roan T, Oct 18, 2016
  3. Files and folders take a long time to load in File explorer

This just started happening this week. Whenever I try to open file explorer in windows 10 it takes a very long time for my files and folders to appear. I have tried using the DISM command but that did not fix the problem

Shawn Robert Robinson, Oct 18, 2016
Thema:

Certain folders take a really long time to load after factory reset?!

1. Certain folders take a really long time to load after factory reset?! - Similar Threads - Certain folders really

2. Windows 11 taking long time load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taking long time load: I have a windows 11 laptop with 16 RAM & 512 GB storage , yet having a good processor it takes 30 secs to load the OS . its not fast enough as it claimed by Dell. Even the restart also takes 30 secs to load the OS properly. I need technical help....
  3. Resetting windows takes long time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting windows takes long time: i started full reset on my windows 10 at 05:07, then at 07:14 it only increase 33% then i check again at 09:10 it only increase 56%, there's any way to increase the speed? my pc spec: 1TB HDD, 8GB ram, i5...
  4. Resetting windows takes long time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting windows takes long time: i started full reset on my windows 10 at 05:07, then at 07:14 it only increase 33% then i check again at 09:10 it only increase 56%, there's any way to increase the speed? my pc spec: 1TB HDD, 8GB ram, i5...
  5. Resetting windows takes long time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Folders taking a long a time to open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders taking a long a time to open: Out of nowhere, any folder that i try to open, wheter in the SSD or external HDD, take about 30 seconds - 1min to open. It does eventually open but it's so slow. I tried restarting the computer and deleting the thumbnail cache and MORE IMPORTANT tried to navigate through...
  7. Account takes a long time to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Account takes a long time to load: When I turned on my PC it takes only about ten seconds to start and show the log in screen, but after I typed my password, it takes about one to two minutes to load my account which it used to do in ten seconds few days back. However I installed some programs earlier, but...
  8. Browers Taking a long time to load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browers Taking a long time to load: I am needing a little help with a Windows 10 Dell laptop. It's a couple of year old machine, with a fresh wipe and install of Windows 10. The computer got hacked, and we had to start fresh. Everything seems to be working fine, except for internet browsing. When you try to...
  9. Is it normal for the Factory reset to take long?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it normal for the Factory reset to take long?: Before returning home i asked someone to do aReset, took less than an hour, turned out they pressed the wrong option and kept the personal files, i re did it but with the 2nd option that wipes everything out and its been stuck at 31% for quite a while am i just stressed or is...
  10. Win 10 taking a really long time to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 taking a really long time to boot: I have a Dell Inspiron 3531 with the Windows 10 free upgrade (Home edition) and an Intel Celeron N2830. Since a couple of days, my laptop is taking a really long time to start up. After it powers on, there is a blank screen for 1-2 minutes before the Dell logo and loading...