Windows 10: Certain games crash, others don't

Discus and support Certain games crash, others don't in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Not super sure where to start so i'll end up posting what i put on others forums, only difference i had noticed in the last week was a windows update i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by erickearhart, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Certain games crash, others don't

Not super sure where to start so i'll end up posting what i put on others forums, only difference i had noticed in the last week was a windows update i did either thursday night or friday morning 7/16 and from then on i couldn't run X games, but if i tried some others they would run perfectly fine? This is a ticket i submitted to eso support team for help. Essentially im only being able to run certain games? And it doesnt seem to be a problem with steam since warzone i have through blizzard. i can play skyrim just fine, hunt showdown just fine, and apex just fine and those are all through st

:)

erickearhart, Jul 20, 2021

2. Gaming and Random Crashes.

Hi,

After some research and failing to find any solution i`ve decided to find help, have a gaming laptop (don`t judge me) and it used to work pretty well, until the latest Witcher expansion, i would be gettting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION everytime i tried to start the game, some driver updates later and now i`m randomly getting the same BSOD so far i've tried.

• Updating GPU Driver.
    • DDU the Drivers and do a clean install.
    • running sfc/scannow

Unfortunately my internet time is limited and i couldn`t find any more steps.

Any help would be appreciatted, and sorry for the bad english.

BeardedBrazilia, Jul 20, 2021
  3. arassami Win User
    don"t open game in win10i

I am game player.(sniper fury)in win10.but to day don"t opening game.or close after 2-3 secend.3 the back to last morning by recovery poin .but nothing

*** Moderator's note: Post was moved to the appropriate category ***

arassami, Jul 20, 2021
  4. peach1971 Win User

Certain games crash, others don't

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Certain games crash, others don't

1. Certain games crash, others don't - Similar Threads - Certain games crash

2. only certain games crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only certain games crash: i try to play phasmaphobia and sons of the forest but after loading part way through it crashes and freezes my discord but every other game i can play fine after playing dead island 2 and I've played both of these games before for hours upon hours and they just dont work...
  3. only certain games crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    only certain games crash: i try to play phasmaphobia and sons of the forest but after loading part way through it crashes and freezes my discord but every other game i can play fine after playing dead island 2 and I've played both of these games before for hours upon hours and they just dont work...
  4. Games and Other software crashing

Games and Other software crashing: For the last month or so games and other software crash without warning, and just out right close. At first I thought it was my GPU, because I bought brand new parts except for a new gpu, but I'm even having small applications closing like google and discord. When my games...
  5. Computer crashes during certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes during certain games: Hi, I have been having trouble trying to get my computer to stop crashing/forced restarts. This only occurs when playing certain games, like recent MMO's and it take can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 4 hours for it to happen. I ran driver verifier and caused it to...
  6. Computer crashes during certain games

Computer crashes during certain games: Hi, I have been having trouble trying to get my computer to stop crashing/forced restarts. This only occurs when playing certain games, like recent MMO's and it take can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 4 hours for it to happen. I ran driver verifier and caused it to...
  7. Crashing with certain games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crashing with certain games: My Gpu usage with certain games like R6 and Genshin Impact will shoot up to 120% usage then drop to 0% and black screen and close my game. I can run GTA Online, FiveM, and Destiny 2 perfectly fine. I can even stream and top quality fine. But certain games seem to crash for no...
  8. Crashing with certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing with certain games: My Gpu usage with certain games like R6 and Genshin Impact will shoot up to 120% usage then drop to 0% and black screen and close my game. I can run GTA Online, FiveM, and Destiny 2 perfectly fine. I can even stream and top quality fine. But certain games seem to crash for no...
  9. Crashing with certain games

10. Crashing when playing certain games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing when playing certain games.: Hi all, Firstly, apologies if this is posted in the wrong section, as I'm not entirely sure what sort of crash I'm having. This PC was my first custom build, first assembled in March 2020. I've noticed since then that I'll frequently crash while playing games - with Modern...