Windows 10: Certain Games Frame Skip Whenever A Key Is Pressed

Discus and support Certain Games Frame Skip Whenever A Key Is Pressed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It seems to only happen with a couple games I've tried on the Microsoft Store so far. I recently purchased the game pass so have been downloading games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by medievillord, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Certain Games Frame Skip Whenever A Key Is Pressed

It seems to only happen with a couple games I've tried on the Microsoft Store so far. I recently purchased the game pass so have been downloading games for my PC to try out.

But for Halo and Dead by Daylight, I started up the game just fine and everything runs smoothly until I press any key on the keyboard or click the mouse, then the game freezes for about half a second then continues as normal, if I press a lot of keys in quick succession the game freezes for a much longer period of time.

If I use a controller there is no issues and the game runs smoothly, but for games like Halo mouse and keyboard would be preferential. I've tried running as admin, lowering graphics despite the graphics not being the issue, just in case there's something doing it, but can't seem to find any solution.

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

medievillord, Jan 13, 2020
  2. RoyLi1 Win User

Fps Stuttering/Frame Skipping in Games

HELLO

I've been getting the fps stuttering/frame skipping in all the games I play Rainbow Siege Siege, Apex Legends, CSGO, PUBG. I get just a bit over 60 fps in all those games but the stuttering and frame skipping makes it feel like I'm getting 20. Me lowering
    the settings makes no difference. I get about 60-75 degrees on the GPU and CPU when gaming. It happens every time. I have a laptop with:

MSI GE40 2QD

Windows 10Home 64bit

Nvidia GTX 950M 2GB

8GB RAM

I7 4712MQ 2.30Ghz-3.30Ghz

1T HDD / 128GB SSD

The solutions that I've tried to fix but didn't work:

High performance in Power Options

Maximum performance in Nvidia control panel

Running the games on high priority

Disabling Game DVR

CCleaner

Deleting temps

Overclocking

Limiting the minimum and maximum processor state in power options.

If you have any questions or solutions please respond. THX

RoyLi1, Jan 13, 2020
  3. my PC skips frames every 2 seconds when i'm on my desktop with no programmes open, also audio bugges out when a frame skip happens.

Hello Eiko_friendly,

This appears to be a known issue starting with Windows 10 build 19002 being investigated by Microsoft. Hopefully, it will be fixed in the next update.

Cumulative Update KB4527587 Windows 10 v1903 build 19008.1000 Oct. 24

• [ADDED] We’re investigating reports of frames being skipped, starting with Build 19002, when running games and videos fullscreen.

Shawn Brink, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Naveen_M Win User

Certain Games Frame Skip Whenever A Key Is Pressed

Crackdown 3 frame skipping windows 10

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it is, when the game doesn't work in the way it should. For us to isolate the issue and to assist you better, we'd like to ask you a few questions.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using?

2. Is this issue game specific?

3. Does this issue occur when you play solo?

4. Are you able to play other games without any skipping and stuttering?

We can try a few steps and check if we can fix this.

Game Mode prevents Windows Update from performing driver installations and sending restart notification. Game Mode also helps achieve a more stable frame rate depending on the specific game and system. Refer this article on

Use Game Mode while gaming on your PC
    to turn on Game Mode. Check if the issue persists in Game Mode.

I'd also suggest you to refer this article on
    Troubleshoot game audio or video issues on Windows 10
    under the Troubleshooting video or display problems section.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Certain Games Frame Skip Whenever A Key Is Pressed

1. Certain Games Frame Skip Whenever A Key Is Pressed - Similar Threads - Certain Games Frame

2. PC skipping frames sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC skipping frames sometimes: Sometimes my mouse/monitor/drivers skipping frames, I have no idea why it is happeningSetup:Ryzen 7 5700xRtx 4070ti Asrock 550m pro se ddr4 ram xpg 3600 ghz, running without xmp profile on standat settings, but the same thing happened with it on....
  3. PC skipping frames sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC skipping frames sometimes: Sometimes my mouse/monitor/drivers skipping frames, I have no idea why it is happeningSetup:Ryzen 7 5700xRtx 4070ti Asrock 550m pro se ddr4 ram xpg 3600 ghz, running without xmp profile on standat settings, but the same thing happened with it on....
  4. How to fix a frame skipping on Windows 11 22H2? Frame skip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix a frame skipping on Windows 11 22H2? Frame skip: Hello, I've been experiencing a frame skipping issue for like 4 months by now. This happened after updating my Windows from Win11 21H2 to 22H2, everything runs fine before i updated it. This frame skipping occurs every 2-4 seconds each time my laptop is running after half an...
  5. How to fix a frame skipping on Windows 11 22H2? Frame skip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix a frame skipping on Windows 11 22H2? Frame skip: Hello, I've been experiencing a frame skipping issue for like 4 months by now. This happened after updating my Windows from Win11 21H2 to 22H2, everything runs fine before i updated it. This frame skipping occurs every 2-4 seconds each time my laptop is running after half an...
  6. Computer freezes whenever i press certain keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes whenever i press certain keys.: Every time I play any game or anytime i am doing my homework on my computer, some keys that I press cause the screen to freeze completely. Hell, honestly i think it freezes the whole pc. the keys could vary as:ShiftCtrlEscBackspace123ive tried deleting things that take up...
  7. Computer freezes whenever i press certain keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes whenever i press certain keys.: Every time I play any game or anytime i am doing my homework on my computer, some keys that I press cause the screen to freeze completely. Hell, honestly i think it freezes the whole pc. the keys could vary as:ShiftCtrlEscBackspace123ive tried deleting things that take up...
  8. Mouse cursor skipping frames.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor skipping frames.: Specs: Laptop: System name: DESKTOP-8GL 1E07 System manufacturer: LENOVO System Model: N3C29UK System Type: x64-based pc OS: Windows 10 Pro Mouse: Logitech G403 Headset: Razer Kraken X Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-3517U CPU @1.90GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 cores, 4 Logical...
  9. Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs: My problem is that pressing my media keys (volume up, down, play/pause, etc.) also does a certain function as of what another key does. Such as pressing the mute button would mute my PC, but would also "press" the D key. This probably doesn't make sense, but it does happen....
  10. Fps Stuttering/Frame Skipping in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps Stuttering/Frame Skipping in Games: HELLO I've been getting the fps stuttering/frame skipping in all the games I play Rainbow Siege Siege, Apex Legends, CSGO, PUBG. I get just a bit over 60 fps in all those games but the stuttering and frame skipping makes it feel like I'm getting 20. I get about 60-75...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CERTAIN GAMES