Windows 10: certain keys are doing random things

Discus and support certain keys are doing random things in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my right arrow key keeps tying in random things, my numpad #1 keeps exiting me out of everything even when I hold FN when pressing it . Ive tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gilbra702, Sep 4, 2020.

1. gilbra702 Win User

certain keys are doing random things

my right arrow key keeps tying in random things, my numpad #1 keeps exiting me out of everything even when I hold FN when pressing it . Ive tried reinstalling the keyboard driver, troubleshooting everything and nothing seems to fix it. I have also updated my computer to the most recent update and im using a laptop.

:)

gilbra702, Sep 4, 2020
  2. evanv13 Win User

BSOD at random times doing random things.

Hi,
    I am getting BSODs at random times, while doing different things each time. Been getting them for 5 days trying to narrow down what could be causing it. Searching lead me here. I did the posting instructions. Also did sfc/scannow 2 times that was suggested on another post. After the scannow both times it told me there were corrupt files that it couldnt fix. Any help moving on from here would be great.

Thank you.

Attachment 71239
    Attachment 71240

evanv13, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Unable to download certain things. Windows 7

Hi JaimeMcCormack,

Based on the information you have provided, considering that the issue happened after installing an update, I suggest that you uninstall the problematic update. To do this, go to
    Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features. On the left pane, select
    View installed updates. Right-click the problematic update and then select
    Uninstall.

If the issue persists, you can perform a System Restore to revert your system files to an earlier date. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    2. On the run command box, type "RSTRUI.EXE" and hit Enter.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to restore your system files to a date prior to the update.

Please be advised that programs and application installed after the system restore point will be removed.

If you have any questions or things you'd like to clarify, feel free to ask.

Monica Cam, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

1. certain keys are doing random things - Similar Threads - certain keys are

2. My number keys do random things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My number keys do random things: When i pressed my top like 123456789 keys not all do it but like i have tried 1 and 4 it does random things like for the fourth one it writes random letters deletes some and does weird things for example if i press 4 it writes this <r tè-_i!> without the < and > and for the 1...
  3. My number keys do random things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My number keys do random things: When i pressed my top like 123456789 keys not all do it but like i have tried 1 and 4 it does random things like for the fourth one it writes random letters deletes some and does weird things for example if i press 4 it writes this <r tè-_i!> without the < and > and for the 1...
  4. My number keys do random things

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. CTRL key doing random things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL key doing random things: Hi, I noticed that i had my CTRL key doing random things like its opening random apps like powerpoint and word. it is also automatically typing this word `+ and it also mutes my volume and opens magnifier. This problem is totally irritating me as i couldn't copy or paste with...
  6. CTRL key doing random things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CTRL key doing random things: Hi, I noticed that i had my CTRL key doing random things like its opening random apps like powerpoint and word. it is also automatically typing this word `+ and it also mutes my volume and opens magnifier. This problem is totally irritating me as i couldn't copy or paste with...
  7. Keyboard is doing random things

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard is doing random things: For example when i press "g" it shuts down the computer and when i press "e" it brings up file explorer i tried using another keyboard still had the same problem but with the keys doing different things the on screen keyboard works fine submitted by /u/I_OMAR_I [link]...
  8. Keys randomly start doing different things

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keys randomly start doing different things: The keys on my laptop's keyboard randomly do different things other than type. My only way out of it is by restarting my laptop. I have sticky keys off and the shortcut is off. I just checked settings, and all the sticky keys settings are off. It's quite annoying when I'm...
  9. Code 0x80072F8F Unable to do certain things

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Code 0x80072F8F Unable to do certain things: I have recently changed the date and time settings on my computer and since then, I have been unable to download or update apps on my computer through the Microsoft Store, and I have been unable to check for updates on my computer because of Error Code 0x80072F8F. I have...
  10. Certain things randomly stop working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Certain things randomly stop working.: Every so often, my computer stops working properly and I can't do things like open file explorer, right click on desktop, or open something as administrator through the search bar. Anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/PickleBanjo [link] [comments]...