Windows 10: Certain keys are not working when playing a game.

Discus and support Certain keys are not working when playing a game. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Everytime I launch up a start up game Minecraft, steam games, LOL, roblox, etc on my computer, certain keys on my keyboard will suddenly stop working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by 23ed3wqsd3, May 13, 2020.

1. Certain keys are not working when playing a game.

Everytime I launch up a start up game Minecraft, steam games, LOL, roblox, etc on my computer, certain keys on my keyboard will suddenly stop working after playing for a 20-25 minutes. The keys that stop working would always be g,h,esc,",alt. Not only would it stop working in game, but it would also stop working after I exit out of the game for a few minutes. When I plug a separate keyboard into my laptop, those keys would function on the usb connected keyboard. I don't understand why this is the case\e; can someone please help?

:)

23ed3wqsd3, May 13, 2020

2. Certain keys unresponsive while playing games.

Hello Anthonie,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with certain keyboard keys not working when playing games. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Does the issue occur when you play online games or downloaded games from store or installed using DVD?

Kindly download and install any game and check if the same issue occurs with the games as well. Further install all pending Windows updates and check if the same issue occurs.

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assists you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 13, 2020
  3. Unable to left click and some keys are not working during game play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue specific when playing games? Are you able to use the
      W,A,S,D keys while typing?
    • Did you make any changes to the keyboard layout?
    • This issue may arise due to driver conflicts or due to change in game settings.
    I suggest you to check if the keyboard supports gaming mode key, if it does, I suggest you to check if the option is turned on.

Also check the game settings and game controllers and make sure that the controller keys are not changed.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 13, 2020
  4. Certain keys are not working when playing a game.

BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Certain keys are not working when playing a game.

1. Certain keys are not working when playing a game. - Similar Threads - Certain keys are

2. BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing certain games: Hello, I've recently been suffering from IRQL Not Equal or Less BSOD when playing Solasta Crown of the Magister on GamePass.I had recently reinstalled Windows 10 because I was encountering BSODs only when playing certain games, including No Man's Sky on GamePass and V Rising...
  3. BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when playing certain games: Hello, I've recently been suffering from IRQL Not Equal or Less BSOD when playing Solasta Crown of the Magister on GamePass.I had recently reinstalled Windows 10 because I was encountering BSODs only when playing certain games, including No Man's Sky on GamePass and V Rising...
  4. BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD only when playing certain games!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD only when playing certain games!!!: I have been having a BSOD issue every couple weeks where I will start up specific games and within an hour or two, I experience a BSOD crash. I am not sure of what to do as my research capabilities comprehension really... has hit a brick wall. I have attached my Minidump...
  6. BSOD only when playing certain games!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD only when playing certain games!!!: I have been having a BSOD issue every couple weeks where I will start up specific games and within an hour or two, I experience a BSOD crash. I am not sure of what to do as my research capabilities comprehension really... has hit a brick wall. I have attached my Minidump...
  7. Letter keys not working in certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Letter keys not working in certain games: I have been having a recurring issue with some games. Occasionally, letter and number keys fail to work within the game, but in unusually specific parameters. I am reasonably certain this isn't a problem with a specific game, as I have found it occuring in 3 different ones by...
  8. Crashing when playing certain games.

Crashing when playing certain games.: Hi all, Firstly, apologies if this is posted in the wrong section, as I'm not entirely sure what sort of crash I'm having. This PC was my first custom build, first assembled in March 2020. I've noticed since then that I'll frequently crash while playing games - with Modern...
  9. BSOD when playing certain games

BSOD when playing certain games: I get BSOD's when playing certain games; Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Civilization VI, and Witcher 3. However, I don't get BSOD's when playing Crysis 3, or Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. The driver that's causing it is Hal.dll. My PSU is new, and I ran the windows memory test and...
  10. BSOD when playing certain games

BSOD when playing certain games: My laptop been having this problem for this many times. While gaming everyday, have BSOD almost everyday. Screen went blue and won't restart at all. have to manually restart the laptop. The DM Log Collector file is attached. From: Kevin 29255