Windows 10: Certain keys not registering when pressed

Discus and support Certain keys not registering when pressed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Both my a and f keys don't seem to registrar when I click them so I wonder if there is anything to be done.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZachFraser, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Certain keys not registering when pressed

Both my a and f keys don't seem to registrar when I click them so I wonder if there is anything to be done.

:)

ZachFraser, Feb 15, 2019

2. Certain Keys Not Registering When Pressed

I have a problem with my PC, started about 3 days ago. Certain keys including L and Enter as far as I know right now arent registering when typed. This includes typing on the on screen keyboard. Ive tried hard rebooting PC with
    unplugging PSU cable and restarting, also the turning off Filter Keys as some forum post suggests, but nothing is working. This most likely seems to be a software issue, as I actually got this momentarily fixed after hard reboot, but reverts to exactly the
    same problem again.

Help!!!

GManRepublic, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Certain Keys Not Registering When Pressed

Yes, its seems like the keys only do not register when in the login screen where I have to type my password. That is when the keys "L" and "Enter" as far as I know do not respond when pressed. I've tried contacting support through chat, and the proposed
    solutions are

Cleanboot.

1.From Start, search for msconfig.

2.Select System Configuration from the search results.

3.On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all.

4.On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.

5.On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.

6.Close Task Manager.

7.On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer.

This did not work when I tried it

AND

Hi George,

Thanks for contacting Answer Desk. Please try to reset your computer from the recovery settings, so here is what you need to
    do.

Please turn on the PC once you are at the sign in screen please press and hold the SHIFT key on your keyboard and then hit restart from the power option, make sure that you are holding the SHIFT key while the computer is booting.

after that you will see the recovery page:

click troubleshoot and then reset this PC .

I tried it out, but realized that the one of the reset options was to erase all data, and the other was to keep all files but erase all applications. I figured that the second one would still be inconvenient for me, since I already have so many applications
    installed and organized, so I did not complete the reset procedure as a result.

I don't recall any major changes to my computer prior to the issue. I am currently running Windows 10 Version 1703 Build 15063.726

GManRepublic, Feb 15, 2019
  4. manofthem Win User

Certain keys not registering when pressed

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Certain keys not registering when pressed

1. Certain keys not registering when pressed - Similar Threads - Certain keys registering

2. Keystrokes not registering until a key is pressed multiple

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keystrokes not registering until a key is pressed multiple: I got on my laptop this morning to find that whenever I am inputting text in any application that I need to press a key multiple times to get inputs to register. I do not mean that if I wanted to type the letter G that I need to press the G key multiple times, I can press the...
  3. Keystrokes not registering until a key is pressed multiple

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keystrokes not registering until a key is pressed multiple: I got on my laptop this morning to find that whenever I am inputting text in any application that I need to press a key multiple times to get inputs to register. I do not mean that if I wanted to type the letter G that I need to press the G key multiple times, I can press the...
  4. Pressing certain keys acts as 2 different keys

Pressing certain keys acts as 2 different keys: Recently I have discovered an issue with what I believe to be my computer, not my specific keyboard. When pressing the media skip and replay buttons, I find they act as the P and Q keys as well. This problem does not occur when typing out on documents or searching things up,...
  5. Apple Bootcamp Trackpad Not Registering When Key Pressed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apple Bootcamp Trackpad Not Registering When Key Pressed.: I just updated to Windows 11, And did some Apple Bootcamp Updates And Now My Trackpad Does Not Work At All When A Key Is Pressed. My Computer Is Apple MacBook Pro 2019 16 Inches.And Its Running Win 11 21H2 OS Build 22000.1335Thanks...
  6. Apple Bootcamp Trackpad Not Registering When Key Pressed.

Apple Bootcamp Trackpad Not Registering When Key Pressed.: I just updated to Windows 11, And did some Apple Bootcamp Updates And Now My Trackpad Does Not Work At All When A Key Is Pressed. My Computer Is Apple MacBook Pro 2019 16 Inches.And Its Running Win 11 21H2 OS Build 22000.1335Thanks...
  7. Apple Bootcamp Mousepad Not Registering When Key Pressed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apple Bootcamp Mousepad Not Registering When Key Pressed.: I just updated to Windows 11, And did some Apple Bootcamp Updates And Now My Mousepad Does Not Work At All When A Key Is Pressed. My Computer Is Apple MacBook Pro 2019 16 Inches.And Its Running Win 11 21H2 OS Build 22000.1335Thanks...
  8. Apple Bootcamp Mousepad Not Registering When Key Pressed.

Apple Bootcamp Mousepad Not Registering When Key Pressed.: I just updated to Windows 11, And did some Apple Bootcamp Updates And Now My Mousepad Does Not Work At All When A Key Is Pressed. My Computer Is Apple MacBook Pro 2019 16 Inches.And Its Running Win 11 21H2 OS Build 22000.1335Thanks...
  9. Keboard not registering keys when pressing multiple keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keboard not registering keys when pressing multiple keys: Hey. I bought a new DELL keyboard and i use it to play fortnite. But when i hold down "w" and "a" and press spacebar while pressing the two keys, the spacebar pressing, but not jumping in the game, litterally, when holding the "W" and "A" key, the spacebar doesnt register the...
  10. Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs: My problem is that pressing my media keys (volume up, down, play/pause, etc.) also does a certain function as of what another key does. Such as pressing the mute button would mute my PC, but would also "press" the D key. This probably doesn't make sense, but it does happen....