Windows 10: certain keys of my midi keyboard are not recognizable

Discus and support certain keys of my midi keyboard are not recognizable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a generic kind of keyboard i guess (one of those flexible pianos) and it works great, i also got a new midi to usb adapter. when i use it with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jouwana, Nov 18, 2018.

1. jouwana Win User

certain keys of my midi keyboard are not recognizable

I got a generic kind of keyboard i guess (one of those flexible pianos) and it works great, i also got a new midi to usb adapter. when i use it with my computer, on online apps or synthesia, some of the notes/keys wont get recognized. the computer doesnt know im clicking them.

the midi to usb adapter seems to work fine, and blinks green whenever i click on a note (to say that it is sending the signal).

i dont know what to do, i tries uninstalling are reinstalling the drivers, tried to update, but nothing is helping.

i have the newest windows 10 version.

is there a way to fix this? or check if maybe these keys are calling something else? or a way to know why they arent being recognized ?

thanks

:)

jouwana, Nov 18, 2018

2. Windows 10 Midi Input

my midi in out to usb cable plugged to my medeli A 800

keyboard is not recognizable by windows 10 says windows explorer

RanilAmarasinghe, Nov 18, 2018
  3. MIDI KEYBOARD NOT DETECTED BY PIANOMARVEL INSTRUCTION SITE

• Have you already checked if the device shows in the Device Manager?
    Yes. Just checked and both MIDI keyboards are listed.

• Have you tried testing the device to a different PC and the same issue occurs?
    Yes....I just hooked up a Dell Pro Windows 10 laptop purchased late last year. 00325-80685-21181-AAOEM. I plugged in the AKM320 MIDI keyboard - (no drivers needed) The system sounded but did not show the AKM320 in Device Manager. I did the same with the
    ACORN Masterkey 49 with the same results. I did open the Piano Marvel site and try to get a recognition of either keyboard, and non were even listed. They did list on my main computer, but did not light up the site indicator for a MIDI signal being received
    as already reported.

Also: I activated a Windows 7 computer here and plugged in the AKM320 MIDI. The device appeared in "game controllers" I installed another DAW in that computer- Cake Walk and was able to get the computer and DAW to read my signals from the AKM keypad. I
    went to the Piano Marvel site but the same outcome occurred- the site did not read my signals from the MIDI key board.

• Are you getting any error messages when connecting the device to your PC?
    When I turn on both piano MIDI keyboards without the DAW running, no error or notice appears--but a connection sound does occur. However when I turn on either keyboard
    while the DAW is running, I get a notice that a MIDI device has been added.

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    2017 Windows 10. I do have an ID number...****************- installed in 2016

I really appreciate your interest in this issue and am glad to check any other areas for you. I have tried everything with no success. One bit of info....There are two programs I've tried to use both of which have a midi keyboard detection in their programs.
    Sight Reading Practice - Piano Music Sight-Reading Practice and Piano Marvel both do not read my midi keyboards. (But my DAW reads both and plays notes) Also a program called MIDI OX was installed by Piano Marvel's tech and the program detected both MIDI's. I am glad to pay for
    any consult should it become necessary.

Thanks again,

MTM

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for
    more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

MikeMalsbary, Nov 18, 2018
  4. certain keys of my midi keyboard are not recognizable

Certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly.

Hi Russell,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly on the pc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Have you performed a full pc virus scan on the system recently?

Suggest you to launch the on-screen keyboard to check if the issue persists.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press “Windows key + R” to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Further, you may also boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if the issue persists. When you start Microsoft Windows, typically there are several programs that start automatically and run in the background that may interfere with the system.
    These programs may include antivirus and system utility programs. When you perform a clean startup procedure, you prevent these programs from starting automatically.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows: (Applies to Windows 10)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

certain keys of my midi keyboard are not recognizable

1. certain keys of my midi keyboard are not recognizable - Similar Threads - certain keys midi

2. Certain Keys Within Keyboard Is Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain Keys Within Keyboard Is Not Working: Hello, I have been using Windows 10 for years and this is the first time that this problem has occurred to me. Several keys on my keyboard are not working, some of the keys that I know are as follow:"esc""a""d""f""j""k""l"";""num lock""8" on number pad"6" on number padI have...
  3. Certain Keyboard Keys Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain Keyboard Keys Unresponsive: Hello Microsoft Team,I would like to report an ongoing issue plaguing my keyboard. I am unable to use a diagonal row of my keys, as they are unresponsive. These keys are 3, e, d, and c. I have tried various online fixes, but to no avail. I would like to know if I can source...
  4. Certain Keyboard Keys Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain Keyboard Keys Unresponsive: Hello Microsoft Team,I would like to report an ongoing issue plaguing my keyboard. I am unable to use a diagonal row of my keys, as they are unresponsive. These keys are 3, e, d, and c. I have tried various online fixes, but to no avail. I would like to know if I can source...
  5. Certain keys on keyboard not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain keys on keyboard not working: Certain keys on the keyboard stopped working, I recently got a new K602 Keyboard, All of the keys used to work howerver certain keys stopped working I think it may have something to do with drivers,[ATTACH]...
  6. MIDI keyboard functions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MIDI keyboard functions: I have tried using 2 Midi keyboards on my computer running Windows 10 and neither of them has been able to communicate with my DAW. The keyboard doesn't work on one computer but does on other computers. I looked at the control panel on both computers and noticed that the...
  7. Certain keys on keyboard not working

Certain keys on keyboard not working: Only keys like 9, 0, o, j, n not working while the rest still works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-keys-on-keyboard-not-working/26b953e3-de17-464c-b1d6-b07212a046bc
  8. Certains key on my keyboard are not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Certains key on my keyboard are not working.: A couple of keys on my keyboard are not working. This includes the letter w, 2, and fn5, fn6, fn7, fn8. If I press for like 30 seconds they type. Any help is appreciated! submitted by /u/WookieCookie1977 [link] [comments]...
  9. Certain keys from my keyboard work sometimes

Certain keys from my keyboard work sometimes: My problem began with the spacebar, enter key and backspace, they just stopped working, they even wouldn't turn on the backlight on my keyboard, then I just tried what someone said in another post, to hold them about a few seconds and suddenly they began to work again. Some...
  10. Issue with Certain Keys on the keyboard.

Issue with Certain Keys on the keyboard.: I am uncertain as to what cause this to happen but my prt sc, plus/equals button and delete key not working. I know that the keyboard is still working because for a brief period I had gotten all of these buttons to function again however Pressing the Prt SC button does not do...