Windows 10: Certain Keys on my keyboard change functions randomly all at the same time.

Discus and support Certain Keys on my keyboard change functions randomly all at the same time. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Randomly the following functions change Windows key --> opens Microsoft 365 escape key --> changes the window that is in focus tab key --> opens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zealousideal_Cow2789, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Certain Keys on my keyboard change functions randomly all at the same time.

Randomly the following functions change

Windows key --> opens Microsoft 365

escape key --> changes the window that is in focus

tab key --> opens small white rectangular ui that shows all the open applications and switches between them when pressing tab

right shift --> Changes a game to be fullscreen or changes it to windows

All the normal keys (alphas, numbers etc.) --> work when playing games (moving around [wasd] and pretty much everything else but does not work for typing in any text box such as the search bar of a browser or that chat box in a game.

More that I probably forgot or havent found yet but the problem resolves when I restart my pc

anyone know what could possibly cause this?

submitted by /u/Zealousideal_Cow2789
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zealousideal_Cow2789, Sep 18, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 18, 2022
  3. Certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly.

Hi Russell,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly on the pc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Have you performed a full pc virus scan on the system recently?

Suggest you to launch the on-screen keyboard to check if the issue persists.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press “Windows key + R” to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Further, you may also boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if the issue persists. When you start Microsoft Windows, typically there are several programs that start automatically and run in the background that may interfere with the system.
    These programs may include antivirus and system utility programs. When you perform a clean startup procedure, you prevent these programs from starting automatically.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows: (Applies to Windows 10)
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 18, 2022
  4. elbmek Win User

Certain Keys on my keyboard change functions randomly all at the same time.

Keyboards - Change of Function

I just went into control panel and keyboards, it says I have 4 setting. I deleted all except the ps2 and rebooted, it put the others back in HID Keyboards, I only have the one attached. I decided to do a screen dump of the PS2 keyboard drivers and noticed something: what the hell is ESET.

Certain Keys on my keyboard change functions randomly all at the same time. [​IMG]

The other two keyboards now listed

Certain Keys on my keyboard change functions randomly all at the same time. [​IMG]

elbmek, Sep 18, 2022
Thema:

Certain Keys on my keyboard change functions randomly all at the same time.

1. Certain Keys on my keyboard change functions randomly all at the same time. - Similar Threads - Certain Keys keyboard

2. My laptop keyboard presses keys at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keyboard presses keys at the same time: Hello, I have a problem regarding my laptop keyboard. When I press the numpad 2, it shows as " `2 ". And it also happens when I pressed my ~/` button. It also shows as " `2 ". Is there a way to fix this as they press each other at the same time? It seems they have the same...
  3. My keys are pressing other keys at the same time it has the same function as the other key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keys are pressing other keys at the same time it has the same function as the other key: This has been happening for a while now but when I press numpad "4" key it also presses the numpad "/" key and vice versaso when I press either of those keys it shows "4/"I'm sure there's a way to fix it without needing to download another key mapping app out in the internet...
  4. My keys are pressing other keys at the same time it has the same function as the other key

My keys are pressing other keys at the same time it has the same function as the other key: This has been happening for a while now but when I press numpad "4" key it also presses the numpad "/" key and vice versaso when I press either of those keys it shows "4/"I'm sure there's a way to fix it without needing to download another key mapping app out in the internet...
  5. My keys are pressing other keys at the same time it has the same function as the other key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. At random times, my keyboard and mouse will change functions.

At random times, my keyboard and mouse will change functions.: Hi,I am having this weird issue and I am not sure why this does this. I would be playing a game and all of a sudden my hotkeys will not work. I would press different buttons and it would have either no effect or does something completely random. I try to pull up a menu, it...
  7. At random times, my keyboard and mouse will change functions.

At random times, my keyboard and mouse will change functions.: Hi,I am having this weird issue and I am not sure why this does this. I would be playing a game and all of a sudden my hotkeys will not work. I would press different buttons and it would have either no effect or does something completely random. I try to pull up a menu, it...
  8. At random times, my keyboard and mouse will change functions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. My keys are pressing other keys at the same time it has the same function as the other key

My keys are pressing other keys at the same time it has the same function as the other key: This has been happening for a while now but when I press numpad "4" key it also presses the numpad "/" key and vice versa so when I press either of those keys it shows "4/" I'm sure there's a way to fix it without needing to download another key mapping app out in the...
  10. Keys randomly change functions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keys randomly change functions: The keys on my laptop randomly start doing different things. It's kind of like a shortcut I guess? I tried to press 'T' to talk in a game, but it just put the game in windowed mode and brought up the taskbar. I restarted my laptop and it's working again, but it will most...