Windows 10: Certain Power Settings Require Lock Screen, however, Balanced does not

Discus and support Certain Power Settings Require Lock Screen, however, Balanced does not in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, When I have the computer in "balanced" mode the lock screen does not come up after Hibernate or Sleep, however, all other power settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gbalstad, Nov 14, 2016.

1. gbalstad Win User

Certain Power Settings Require Lock Screen, however, Balanced does not

Greetings,

When I have the computer in "balanced" mode the lock screen does not come up after Hibernate or Sleep, however, all other power settings force the lock screen after Hibernate of Sleep. So when the computer is set to "Power Saver", the lock screen will appear after Hibernate; however, it doesn't appear when in "Balanced".

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

:)

gbalstad, Nov 14, 2016
  2. gbalstad Win User

Windows 10 Lock Screen - OFF for Balanced power mode, but ON for Power Saver and High Performance?

Greetings,

Windows 10 locks the screen and requires a password when put in Sleep or Hibernate, however, it does not require a password when in "Balanced". How do I remove the password requirement when the computer is in High Performance of Power Saver modes?

Thanks!

Gunnar

gbalstad, Nov 14, 2016
  3. Win 10 not intermittently going to sleep

Why does Win 10 NOT go to sleep after no use

Power Setting currently : Go to sleep after 30 minutes of no use, Require password on wakeup

If I click sleep mode, it works. However, computer does not go to sleep if left unused for hours and does not activate lock screen or require password

DaddyOBlue, Nov 14, 2016
Thema:

Certain Power Settings Require Lock Screen, however, Balanced does not

1. Certain Power Settings Require Lock Screen, however, Balanced does not - Similar Threads - Certain Power Settings

2. All but "balanced" power schemes and all advanced power settings Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All but "balanced" power schemes and all advanced power settings Missing: I'm running "all versions" windows 10 pro across 9 total, Intel NUCi511PAH devices . The csenabled is enabled in regedit, and only "balanced" power scheme is showing, All advanced power options are missing as well. System timers, are all missing. SSD's prematurely sleep and...
  3. All but "balanced" power schemes and all advanced power settings Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All but "balanced" power schemes and all advanced power settings Missing: I'm running "all versions" windows 10 pro across 9 total, Intel NUCi511PAH devices . The csenabled is enabled in regedit, and only "balanced" power scheme is showing, All advanced power options are missing as well. System timers, are all missing. SSD's prematurely sleep and...
  4. All but "balanced" power schemes and all advanced power settings Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Additional power setting only shows balanced mode.

Additional power setting only shows balanced mode.: I am not able to change power setting because the additional power setting only shows balanced mode. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/additional-power-setting-only-shows-balanced-mode/21a8809c-5681-4de5-9ac1-44ce01334ed2
  6. Windows repeatedly sets power plan back to balanced

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows repeatedly sets power plan back to balanced: Everytime I switch to high performance in the power plans, I later come back to find that Windows has changed the power plan back to balanced. I am running Windows 10 build 19042, I don't have any antiviruses or other programs that could be causing this change....
  7. balanced plan for power

balanced plan for power: cannot get high performance power plan as option on laptop, what do I do? powercfg change does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/balanced-plan-for-power/b598c38c-df19-4005-93c0-148c12ed713e
  8. Sound settings locking balance levels?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound settings locking balance levels?: Hello all! My bluetooth headphones (UA JBL go true wireless flash, if it matters) are having some balancing issues, and typically I can fix this by changing the left/right sound balance. But when I go to the balance section in the settings, even in the advanced settings tab,...
  9. Sound settings locking balance levels?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound settings locking balance levels?: Hello all! My bluetooth headphones (UA JBL go true wireless flash, if it matters) are having some balancing issues, and typically I can fix this by changing the left/right sound balance. But when I go to the balance section in the settings, even in the advanced settings tab,...
  10. Cannot Change Power Plan settings, forced to "Balanced"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Change Power Plan settings, forced to "Balanced": So I recently just realized that my Power Plan was on Balanced all along, and when I tried to set it to any other option it would just force itself back to Balanced, I have no idea why this is happening (as shown in the attached GIF) [img] 131257