Windows 10: Certain Power Settings Require Lock Screen, however, Balanced does not

Discus and support Certain Power Settings Require Lock Screen, however, Balanced does not in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, When I have the computer in "balanced" mode the lock screen does not come up after Hibernate or Sleep, however, all other power settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gbalstad, Nov 14, 2016.

1. gbalstad Win User

Certain Power Settings Require Lock Screen, however, Balanced does not

Greetings,

When I have the computer in "balanced" mode the lock screen does not come up after Hibernate or Sleep, however, all other power settings force the lock screen after Hibernate of Sleep. So when the computer is set to "Power Saver", the lock screen will appear after Hibernate; however, it doesn't appear when in "Balanced".

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

:)

gbalstad, Nov 14, 2016
  2. gbalstad Win User

Windows 10 Lock Screen - OFF for Balanced power mode, but ON for Power Saver and High Performance?

Greetings,

Windows 10 locks the screen and requires a password when put in Sleep or Hibernate, however, it does not require a password when in "Balanced". How do I remove the password requirement when the computer is in High Performance of Power Saver modes?

Thanks!

Gunnar

gbalstad, Nov 14, 2016
  3. Win 10 not intermittently going to sleep

Why does Win 10 NOT go to sleep after no use

Power Setting currently : Go to sleep after 30 minutes of no use, Require password on wakeup

If I click sleep mode, it works. However, computer does not go to sleep if left unused for hours and does not activate lock screen or require password

DaddyOBlue, Nov 14, 2016
Thema:

Certain Power Settings Require Lock Screen, however, Balanced does not

1. Certain Power Settings Require Lock Screen, however, Balanced does not - Similar Threads - Certain Power Settings

2. Cannot Change Power Plan settings, forced to "Balanced"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Change Power Plan settings, forced to "Balanced": So I recently just realized that my Power Plan was on Balanced all along, and when I tried to set it to any other option it would just force itself back to Balanced, I have no idea why this is happening (as shown in the attached GIF) [img] 131257
  3. Lock Screen and Background settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen and Background settings: Can someone explain why my pictures on my Lock Screen and Background randomly change to Album Art picture I never even browsed. I reset to the pictures I want and within an hour they are changed out again. Then tell me how I can stop it from happening....
  4. settings, lock screen

settings, lock screen: in window 10, setitngs, lock screen is stock in picture, it doesnt change. i want to change to windows spotlight. any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-lock-screen/5830721d-40a4-48c0-acc9-febe9f88f3be
  5. DPC Issue In Balanced Power Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DPC Issue In Balanced Power Mode: Hi! For quite some time now I have been having some issues with my sound in Windows 10 desktop. After narrowing down the possibilities using drivers and installing various Hardware. I have come to the conclusion that it is a DPC issue. using DPC latency checker I've seen...
  6. Power Plan Settings set to Never does not work

Power Plan Settings set to Never does not work: We are trying to set up our windows 10 1803 clients so the screen does not turn off, or time out, or sleep so that our applications can stay live an active and we don't have to log back in again after a period of time. We have tried setting the Power & Sleep to Never and...
  7. Lock Screen Settings.

Lock Screen Settings.: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330, the lock-screen settings for WINDOWS SPOTLIGHT mode was set in default, which was working fine initially. After few days, the setting changes automatically to the PICTURE mode. Whenever I change the settings to WINDOWS SPOTLIGHT mode, it...
  8. Power Setting randomly switches from Balanced to High Performance

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Setting randomly switches from Balanced to High Performance: So I upgraded to W10 last week and came along this problem. Every time i use my laptop it randomly switches its power setting by itself from balanced to high performance like once every hour. When it does that it also shows the start menu. I was baffled at first. My balanced...
  9. Power Setting randomly switches from Balanced to High Performance

Power Setting randomly switches from Balanced to High Performance: ​ So I upgraded to W10 last week and came along this problem. Every time i use my laptop it randomly switches its power setting by itself from balanced to high performance like once every hour. When it does that it also shows the start menu. I was baffled at first. My...
  10. Screen does not always turn off according to Power & sleep settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen does not always turn off according to Power & sleep settings: DESCRIPTION Please advise, I am trying to solve this puzzle.. Basically screen wont always turn off according to the settings set in Power & sleep. Sleep, on the other hand, works. Sometimes monitor will turn off correctly after a set time, say if I set a minute or two...