Windows 10: Certain programs or games dont launch with win10 2004 update

Discus and support Certain programs or games dont launch with win10 2004 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Anyone else having this issue? Or know a solution. One game I play won't load, PUBG, and ive heard other people have trouble launching different games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Damnation13, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Certain programs or games dont launch with win10 2004 update

Anyone else having this issue? Or know a solution. One game I play won't load, PUBG, and ive heard other people have trouble launching different games or programs.

Any thoughts?

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)

BIOS: 2417 (type: UEFI)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz

Memory: 32768MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 latest drivers

submitted by /u/Damnation13
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Damnation13, Jun 1, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Certain programs or games dont launch with win10 2004 update

After Updating to windows 10 steam application and games dont open

Hi ,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issues with steam applications or steam games in Windows 10.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better,

• Which are all the Steam games you are unable to launch?
    • Do you get any error message/code when you try to launch the game?
    • What is the make and model of the system?
    I would suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode and check if it works,

Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the installation files from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the setup file install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Certain programs or games dont launch with win10 2004 update

1. Certain programs or games dont launch with win10 2004 update - Similar Threads - Certain programs games

2. Assertion Failed Launching certain games and programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assertion Failed Launching certain games and programs: Hey there, I recently got myself a thrustmaster t128 wheel and pedal set, however the day after I got it, my PC started acting strange, I started getting errors when I loaded up certain games like FiveM and FFXIV or when I loaded up the controller settings program.The error I...
  3. Assertion Failed Launching certain games and programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assertion Failed Launching certain games and programs: Hey there, I recently got myself a thrustmaster t128 wheel and pedal set, however the day after I got it, my PC started acting strange, I started getting errors when I loaded up certain games like FiveM and FFXIV or when I loaded up the controller settings program.The error I...
  4. Assertion Failed Launching certain games and programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. some games dont launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some games dont launch: hi so some of my games dont launch on windows 11 for me like call of duty bo3 and sometimes through xbox app games get deleted by it self if anyone could help i would be pleased...
  6. some games dont launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some games dont launch: hi so some of my games dont launch on windows 11 for me like call of duty bo3 and sometimes through xbox app games get deleted by it self if anyone could help i would be pleased...
  7. Certain games dont work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain games dont work?: This is very strange, i have a few games like CSGO, Garry's mod, SWTOR, etc, that wont work. When i open them, its only a black screen with a blue circle spinning cursor or the same thing but with a transparent window but when i restart my computer, the games work. So if they...
  8. Programs/games/setups not launching...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs/games/setups not launching...: Yesterday I tried playing Among Us with my friends and after opening the game nothing would show up on my screen but it would show up in task manager. After some hours of watching tutorials and trying different methods I gave up. Today I was going to install a game called...
  9. Win10 printing issue on one certain program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 printing issue on one certain program: I have a HP printer which refuses to print on one certain program. It prints fine on word, excel, edge, acrobat etc.. even test pages but the one program i am using on a daily basis keeps giving me "error printing". I tried pretty much everything i can think off. Reboot...
  10. Win10 update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update 2004: Beim Update auf win10 2004 kommt die Fehlermeldung 0x80242016. was soll ich tun https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-update-2004/0c0cbcb0-f31f-4073-8772-5d89278bd74a