Windows 10: Certain programs stopped working correctly after updating Windows.

Discus and support Certain programs stopped working correctly after updating Windows. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I, after delaying it as far as I could, finally installed update 20H2 onto my Windows 10 PC (Pentium G4560, 1050 Ti 4GB, 8GB RAM if that's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TeCayoLaSwat, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Certain programs stopped working correctly after updating Windows.

Hello! I, after delaying it as far as I could, finally installed update 20H2 onto my Windows 10 PC (Pentium G4560, 1050 Ti 4GB, 8GB RAM if that's important). And most apps are working just as intended.

However, there are a handful of apps, namely Whatsapp and Discord, which do not work as expected. It's difficult to describe, since I don't get any error messages and or strange screens, but basically they work just fine when I open them, but when I Alt+Tab to another program and then come back, they start to lag out. I can see everything, sometimes even read new messages, but I cannot type or click anything. I thought this was a problem with the apps' internal UI, but I don't think it is since it also forbids me from closing them via the X button, always having to open the Task Manager.

It is also important to point out that this apps work just fine when the computer's freshly powered up, it's after maybe 20-25 minutes that these apps begin malfunctioning, and as someone who hates writing on his phone, I'm basically screaming for help if any of you guys have had this issue and can help me with it. I've reinstalled Whatsapp and Discord multiple times, as well as rebooting my system, but nothing seems to help

(Can't provide screenshots since, like I said, there's no real "bug" or "error" that causes the app to crash, or any visual cue that it has, it just prevents me from clicking into the window)

submitted by /u/TeCayoLaSwat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TeCayoLaSwat, Jan 3, 2021

2. "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are getting this message
    "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
    when you are trying to launch a game. This might be due to the corrupt display drivers.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. Does this issue occur to this particular game?

2. What is the make and model of the computer?

Follow the below steps and check if it helps,

I suggest you to uninstall the Display Adapter drivers from Device manager and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Follow the steps for the same.

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Install the latest driver from the manufacturer website.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anup Karkal, Jan 3, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Certain programs stopped working correctly after updating Windows. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

Certain programs stopped working correctly after updating Windows.

Windows 10 When i save as a problem caused the program to stop working correctly

Hi,

We would like to know the additional information to better assist you with the program that stops working. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• What is the program that stopped to work when you are trying to save it?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • When did the issue occur?
    • Did you make any recent changes before it happened?

We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Certain programs stopped working correctly after updating Windows.

1. Certain programs stopped working correctly after updating Windows. - Similar Threads - Certain programs stopped

2. Function HttpSendRequest stopped working correctly after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function HttpSendRequest stopped working correctly after recent Windows update: Function HttpSendRequest ignores form data, and the web server gets the request as if the data were empty. If I send the same request via browser, then all works as expected.My executable, which makes a call to HttpSendRequest, used to work just fine for many years. Now, it...
  3. Function HttpSendRequest stopped working correctly after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Function HttpSendRequest stopped working correctly after recent Windows update: Function HttpSendRequest ignores form data, and the web server gets the request as if the data were empty. If I send the same request via browser, then all works as expected.My executable, which makes a call to HttpSendRequest, used to work just fine for many years. Now, it...
  4. Function HttpSendRequest stopped working correctly after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Programs Stopped Working After Recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs Stopped Working After Recent Windows Update: After a recent Windows 10 update my Kodi media player and my 4DO emulator for 3DO games will no longer open up like they always did before. I get error Accessibility, Version=4.0.0.0. Apparently this has something to do with .net framework not working correctly, but I ran...
  6. Office programs stopped working after windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office programs stopped working after windows update: I cannot open any of my office 365 programs or files. Same as this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-cprogram-filesmicrosoft-office/08a4cb35-6e30-4d6c-82da-826e06bcb237?page=1 I have attempted the following: -online repair...
  7. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program

in Windows 10 Customization
    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program: Hi there, I am getting below error when I am launching Outlook/Excel/PowerPoint and any other non-Microsoft applications as well. "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program" . Also, I attached the screenshot for above error....
  8. My 2nd network adapter stopped working after certain windows update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My 2nd network adapter stopped working after certain windows update.: I have 2 network adapters, the one built in in the motherboard and another PCI D-Link adapter. Both have been working fine until a few months ago the d-link stopped working after one of the windows updates, in the device manager the one in the motherboard is working fine and...
  9. My 2nd network adapter stopped working after certain windows update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My 2nd network adapter stopped working after certain windows update.: I have 2 network adapters, the one built in in the motherboard and another PCI D-Link adapter. Both have been working fine until a few months ago the d-link stopped working after one of the windows updates, in the device manager the one in the motherboard is working fine and...
  10. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly: Hi I’ma first timer I amrunning 3 windows ten machines 1:Desktop PC ONE A: Windows 10 pro B: Version 11511 C: OS Build 10586.318 D: Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA763 E: Processor AMD Athlon™ II X4 630 2.80 GHz F: Ram 4 GB (3.75 GB usable)...