Windows 10: Certain Programs Unable To Open, And No Disk Space

Discus and support Certain Programs Unable To Open, And No Disk Space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Was working on a friend's laptop. He has an HP Stream Laptop, 32 GB drive capacity. It's in really bad shape as a whole. No disk space available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jamayaarmstead, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Certain Programs Unable To Open, And No Disk Space

Was working on a friend's laptop. He has an HP Stream Laptop, 32 GB drive capacity. It's in really bad shape as a whole. No disk space available whatsoever, no where to get it, and no evidence of malware or apps taking up the space on his drive. Checked all the file locations that could be hiding malware, no luck. Checked the registry for PUPS, but nothing. Can't perform a clean re-installation of windows because there's no extra space. I'm lost on what to do? Should I tell him to just get a new, cheap laptop, or just try to get a decent SSD so I can restore some things and download something like CCleaner or Avast Cleanup? What do I do?

:)

jamayaarmstead, Jan 3, 2020

2. Low Disk Space error

Hi,

I suggest you to delete the unwanted applications or games installed on the device and also perform a Disk Cleanup.

In order to delete the games or applications, which has been downloaded from the Windows Store you need to right click on the game and select
    Uninstall option from the Start menu.

If the games that you are downloaded are .exe or the applications which are not downloaded from the Windows Store, you may try deleting it from the Control panel.

To do so, please follow the below steps.

• Right Click on Start Menu.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Click on the programs that you would like to uninstall.
    I suggest you to try the steps in the following article to free up space and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

Also, refer to the Wiki Article created by
    Andre Da Costa
    from the below link:

How to free up disk space in Windows

How to free up disk space in Windows

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jan 3, 2020
  3. mandala Win User
    Unable to Pin Certain Programs to Start Menu

Thanks for your replies guys. I am now able to file the FileTypesMan when I do a search in the Start Menu, however, the app is not displayed in the Start Menu alphabetical list. Why is that?

Certain Programs Unable To Open, And No Disk Space [​IMG]

mandala, Jan 3, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Certain Programs Unable To Open, And No Disk Space

Unable to navigate and open programs

Hi, the thing that stands out is disk use, however none of your screenshots is organised by highest disk use.

So please could you do one more screenshot- just of the task manager, not the whole screen is fine (you can use Windows' snipping tool - just search 'snip' e.g.) but before you take the screenshot, click on the tab 'Disk' to bring the processes using the most disk time to the top of the listing.

Thanks!
    Like this:

Also, how much free space do you have on C:?

dalchina, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Certain Programs Unable To Open, And No Disk Space

1. Certain Programs Unable To Open, And No Disk Space - Similar Threads - Certain Programs Unable

2. Certain programs started not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain programs started not opening: As of a month or two, I would boot up a program only to execute It showed as open in the task manager, but there was no window. It would also allow me to boot up the same programs multiple times but without any window showing up still. Some of the programs that won't open...
  3. Certain programs started not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain programs started not opening: As of a month or two, I would boot up a program only to execute It showed as open in the task manager, but there was no window. It would also allow me to boot up the same programs multiple times but without any window showing up still. Some of the programs that won't open...
  4. Certain programs started not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Certain windows programs not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain windows programs not opening: No apps opening that ive downloaded online, and certain windows programs are not opening, i think it might be an issue with Java but ive tried to repair it and its still not fixed. Discord and my browsers work....
  6. Unable to open a program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open a program: Hello, I am having problems with running as administrator. I am the only user on my computer. Its a admin account. When I go to run a programany program, when I right click, it doesn't do anything. Nothing happens. What do i do? [Original Title: Administrator]...
  7. Windows not opening certain programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not opening certain programs: My computer is having an issue where there are certain programs that when I try to launch them, the hourglass icon appears next to the cursor for a second, then goes away and acts like nothing happened. It is only happening on certain programs, such as the office programs...
  8. Unable to open certain programs under Windows 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to open certain programs under Windows 1909: After updating to 1909 some executable programs will not open. I click them and get zero response - this happens even if I try to run as administrator. Two affected programs are Adobe acrobat and Steam plus all games in steam. I am unable to uninstall steam since when I click...
  9. Unable to format unallocated disk space

Unable to format unallocated disk space: I swapped out my hard drive to an SSD and cloned the drive. The initial drive was 500Gb and the new SSD has 1Tb capacity.Everything went well, however I cannot format 500Gb of un allocated space. I receive the following error message. How can I format unallocated space and...
  10. low disk space- unable to update

low disk space- unable to update: Lenovo ideapad. Unable to download updates- not enough storage available. I have deleted EVERYTHING allowed to be deleted- to no avail. I purchased 32g sd card - doesn't help......