Windows 10: Certain Programs Will Not Install MSVCR100.dll

Discus and support Certain Programs Will Not Install MSVCR100.dll in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i am having this issue where i can not install certain apps, programmes or .exe files on my computer. i get this message when i try and install. a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Logics2996, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Certain Programs Will Not Install MSVCR100.dll

i am having this issue where i can not install certain apps, programmes or .exe files on my computer.

i get this message when i try and install.

a box pops up saying

"System Error"

"The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program or disabling Antivirus/Windows Defender software to fix this problem"

Certain Programs Will Not Install MSVCR100.dll ca7cd4c1-14fd-41a6-84ef-99ec4b9f258b?upload=true.jpg

I have disabled every single feature in windows defender and windows security, i have uninstalled and reinstalled vcredist_x64 and vcredist_x86. i have also gone into developer settings and enabled "Install apps from any source, including loose files." the only thing i have not done that has been suggested is to download and replace my MSVCR100.dll file from another computer as i do not have another windows computer to do this with.i have restored from multiple restore point and the same issue persists on all of my restore points. my windows is up to date, all my drivers are up to date and my BIOS is up to date also.

i have had this issue since i got my PC and i have troubleshooted for months to try and fix the issue, i have even done a fresh install of windows 10 and also disabled all security in BIOS. i am now at a dead end and don't know what else to do.

with other programs i have had to install the older versions because this is preventing me having the up to date versions of some programs. i have even contacted microsoft support and had an agent take over my PC and we was trying for 6 hours to fix it and still couldn't get it working or prevent this message from popping up.

Please help me.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Logics2996, Jan 9, 2021
  2. abrogard Win User

msvcr100.dll Not There But It Is There..

win10. A new install, two days old.

I have an app complaining it can't run because it can't find msvcr100.dll but a file utility shows it is there and cmd >path shows the folder it is in is in the path.

How could this be?

Certain Programs Will Not Install MSVCR100.dll [​IMG]

abrogard, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Error message MSVCR100.dll

What programs can't you open?

On my Win 10 Pro X64 system, msvcr100.dll is in quite a few places:

If you install Everything Search then use it to look for msvcr100.dll you can see all the places it is on your computer and maybe copy from one to the System32 or SysWOW64 directory if that is missing.

Ztruker, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Certain Programs Will Not Install MSVCR100.dll

MSVCR100.dll and MSVCP100.dll

My laptop came pre loaded with windows 10 pro. However, MSVCR100.dll and MSVCP100.dll were apparently not loaded. Despite seveal attempts to load them again, they are apparently still not there. Certain programmes will not launch without these.

Suggestions as to how i can rectify this, in plain english, would be most welcome and gratefully received.

GillianMoynihan, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Certain Programs Will Not Install MSVCR100.dll

1. Certain Programs Will Not Install MSVCR100.dll - Similar Threads - Certain Programs Install

2. Missing MSVCR100.DLL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing MSVCR100.DLL: Hello all,While I'm trying to install program I get this message "The program can't start because MSVCR100.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" I have tried all possible solutions on the internet and youtube. Reinstalling seeems...
  3. MSVCR100 dll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSVCR100 dll: What is it and why is it missing, from windows 10, I use it to play films and now they won't play because its a missing file. So why? and where can I retrieve it and how can I add it to the system. It was always there on windows 8. may have to revert to 8, if it cant be...
  4. MSVCR100 dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSVCR100 dll: What is it and why is it missing, from windows 10, I use it to play films and now they won't play because its a missing file. So why? and where can I retrieve it and how can I add it to the system. It was always there on windows 8. may have to revert to 8, if it cant be...
  5. MSVCR100 dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. msvcr100.dll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    msvcr100.dll: Im trying to run dying light but i keep getting a msvcr100.dll not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msvcr100dll/9fb61f7d-e830-4dbb-bf4f-37e741adb43d
  7. MSVCR100.dll and MSVCP100.dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSVCR100.dll and MSVCP100.dll: My laptop came pre loaded with windows 10 pro. However, MSVCR100.dll and MSVCP100.dll were apparently not loaded. Despite seveal attempts to load them again, they are apparently still not there. Certain programmes will not launch without these. Suggestions as to how i can...
  8. Msvcr100.dll issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Msvcr100.dll issue: Recenty i got a little problem with my vcredist Everytime i try to play my games (PointBlank.exe), the game won't run if my SysWOW64 folder has msvcr100.dll in it (and there's no error message appear on my screen", just like forced to close). but if i remove the...
  9. msvcr100.dll Not There But It Is There..

in Windows 10 Support
    msvcr100.dll Not There But It Is There..: win10. A new install, two days old. I have an app complaining it can't run because it can't find msvcr100.dll but a file utility shows it is there and cmd >path shows the folder it is in is in the path. How could this be? [img] [img] [img] 130791
  10. Error message MSVCR100.dll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error message MSVCR100.dll: How do I fix this error message. It says something is missing and cannot open certain programs. Checked on line but Windows 10 fix is not listed. 15397