Windows 10: certain songs won't play

Discus and support certain songs won't play in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how do I play songs not supported by media player because the codec or formatting is wrong?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jamespillsbury, Oct 16, 2018.

1. certain songs won't play

how do I play songs not supported by media player because the codec or formatting is wrong?

:)

jamespillsbury, Oct 16, 2018
  2. Totig Win User

Music skipping/jumping for certain songs

Hi, I have noticed that certain songs when you unpause them they seem to skip and jump for about 2-3 seconds before continuing to play as normal. Most songs continue to play just fine however. I still need to determine what the difference is between
    these songs, etc. Has anyone else noticed this with certain songs?

Totig, Oct 16, 2018
  3. microsoft store games won`t play

when I download a game from the Microsoft store it won`t play

the splash screen appears then goes

I have a core i5 with an nvidivia graphics card I tb hdd and 8 gb ram

I have tried the diagnostic for microsoft store and it say cache may need fixing.

garrywilliams1, Oct 16, 2018
  4. N8_SA Win User

certain songs won't play

Certain Albums/Songs Download but Dont Play

Hi I just recently (14th April 2011) found problems with downloads certain songs. Specifically the artists Chromium, Deas Vail, Celldweller and Hawthorne Heights.

What happens is I download them as usual the whole file downloads with no errors BUT the songs are firstly filed incorectly on the P.C (not in folders of artist and album). Secondly they don't have any metadata/ info embeded in the file (artist album publisher
    etc) and Finaly but most importantly they dont play, not on my winamp or nokia media player. If I use nokia media player an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle appears next to the Song.

This has only happened with those artists so far.. Any Suggestions.

I'm using a Nokia N8 unlimited Music subscription in South Africa.

N8_SA, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

certain songs won't play

1. certain songs won't play - Similar Threads - certain songs won't

2. Media player won't play songs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player won't play songs: I can't get my playlist to play in media player legacy or the new media player. Do I need to transfer the files? One song played, now I get the message below;"An audio device was disconnected or reconfigured. Verify that the audio device is connected, and then try to play the...
  3. Media player won't play songs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media player won't play songs: I can't get my playlist to play in media player legacy or the new media player. Do I need to transfer the files? One song played, now I get the message below;"An audio device was disconnected or reconfigured. Verify that the audio device is connected, and then try to play the...
  4. groove music just won't certain songs could someone help me with this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    groove music just won't certain songs could someone help me with this: I want to play the song Damage Inc. for Metallica on groove music but it just won't play no matter what I do not even when I click on the isolated file for the song it just does not work I really hope that there is some way to fix this...
  5. groove music just won't certain songs could someone help me with this

groove music just won't certain songs could someone help me with this: I want to play the song Damage Inc. for Metallica on groove music but it just won't play no matter what I do not even when I click on the isolated file for the song it just does not work I really hope that there is some way to fix this...
  6. Groove Music Signing In, Won't Let Song Play

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music Signing In, Won't Let Song Play: How terrible is it that when an internet connection becomes present or when sometimes booting up groove that it won't let me play any songs whilst it is trying to sign in. How is it that it can happily play me a song offline until it tries to sign in which can last a minute...
  7. Songs wont play

in Windows 10 Customization
    Songs wont play: I have tons of music on my Surface pro. It will play some songs, others it wont. Yet when I load them on my Android phone using samsung player, they play fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/songs-wont-play/ae9d05b2-1dbe-4b6b-b38e-d9b3f994312a
  8. Unable to play certain songs after updating to new version of iTunes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to play certain songs after updating to new version of iTunes: The other day, I updated my iTunes to the latest version: 12.9.4.102. Now, certain ACC songs will not play (using iTunes on my Windows 10 laptop). When I try to play them, the time (duration) is changed to "789:57:13" and then does not play. It looks like something in the new...
  9. iTune song genre changing when playing the song.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    iTune song genre changing when playing the song.: Lost the entire iTunes library. Partially recovered, but when playing a song, the genre is changed. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/itune-song-genre-changing-when-playing-the-song/10e250a5-227f-470d-8a38-7e94bf3f5457
  10. Groove Music Wont play all songs (some songs play, others dont)

Groove Music Wont play all songs (some songs play, others dont): I was listening to some songs, 1400 to be precise. From a external hd, not sure if the external hd has some virus or not, but the thing is, all of a sudden, groove music wasnt playing any of the songs in the external drive. When i tried to play songs from my local part c: ,...