Windows 10: Certain things not working

Discus and support Certain things not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Currently, I am having problems with my laptop. Here is a more in depth description:1. Cant open windows start menu2. cant use Cortana3. Cant use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Paul A_123, May 21, 2021.

1. Certain things not working

Currently, I am having problems with my laptop. Here is a more in depth description:1. Cant open windows start menu2. cant use Cortana3. Cant use search4. I cant use windows settingsJust to specify, I can open control panel

:)

Paul A_123, May 21, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 21, 2021
  3. Certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly.

Hi Russell,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly on the pc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Have you performed a full pc virus scan on the system recently?

Suggest you to launch the on-screen keyboard to check if the issue persists.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press “Windows key + R” to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Further, you may also boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if the issue persists. When you start Microsoft Windows, typically there are several programs that start automatically and run in the background that may interfere with the system.
    These programs may include antivirus and system utility programs. When you perform a clean startup procedure, you prevent these programs from starting automatically.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows: (Applies to Windows 10)
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 21, 2021
  4. Certain things not working

Unable to download certain things. Windows 7

Hi JaimeMcCormack,

Based on the information you have provided, considering that the issue happened after installing an update, I suggest that you uninstall the problematic update. To do this, go to
    Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features. On the left pane, select
    View installed updates. Right-click the problematic update and then select
    Uninstall.

If the issue persists, you can perform a System Restore to revert your system files to an earlier date. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    2. On the run command box, type "RSTRUI.EXE" and hit Enter.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to restore your system files to a date prior to the update.

Please be advised that programs and application installed after the system restore point will be removed.

If you have any questions or things you'd like to clarify, feel free to ask.

Monica Cam, May 21, 2021
Thema:

Certain things not working

1. Certain things not working - Similar Threads - Certain things working

2. Cant interact with certain things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant interact with certain things: I have a gateway pc, model gwtc116-2bl, however whenever i try to open something it allows me but i cant seem to interact with it, only with the background. Sometimes its the other way around, im in the program but wont let me interact with anything else going in the...
  3. Cant interact with certain things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant interact with certain things: I have a gateway pc, model gwtc116-2bl, however whenever i try to open something it allows me but i cant seem to interact with it, only with the background. Sometimes its the other way around, im in the program but wont let me interact with anything else going in the...
  4. Certain features won’t work and not able to download things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain features won’t work and not able to download things: Hi, I bought a Lenovo laptop with windows 11 and everything was fine until I was trying to install one of my databases for my password manager. When I tried to install it I was getting an error saying, “You Don’t Have Permission to Save in This Location. Contact the...
  5. Certain features won’t work and not able to download things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain features won’t work and not able to download things: Hi, I bought a Lenovo laptop with windows 11 and everything was fine until I was trying to install one of my databases for my password manager. When I tried to install it I was getting an error saying, “You Don’t Have Permission to Save in This Location. Contact the...
  6. Certain things in taskbar among other things don't work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Certain things in taskbar among other things don't work.: This happened after the new windows update on 4/14/21. Everything was working fine until then. I got the computer at the end of 2019. After the new update there are a number of bugs but the ones that really prevent me are the fact that pressing f4 does not open screen...
  7. certain keys are doing random things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    certain keys are doing random things: my right arrow key keeps tying in random things, my numpad #1 keeps exiting me out of everything even when I hold FN when pressing it . Ive tried reinstalling the keyboard driver, troubleshooting everything and nothing seems to fix it. I have also updated my computer to the...
  8. Certain things randomly stop working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Certain things randomly stop working.: Every so often, my computer stops working properly and I can't do things like open file explorer, right click on desktop, or open something as administrator through the search bar. Anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/PickleBanjo [link] [comments]...
  9. Certain Taskbar/Tray Things Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Certain Taskbar/Tray Things Not Working: Lately, I have been having issues with my taskbar. Certain actions that used to work no longer work. These actions include: Right clicking on a taskbar icon, left clicking on the volume icon, left clicking on network icon, clicking on notification center icon, and clicking on...
  10. cant click on certain things...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cant click on certain things...: I cant click on anything like the windows button or windows defender, etc. when i try to open microsoft edge, it says that the element is not found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-click-on-certain-things/4dab8437-e9f6-4aa7-bd5f-ceee089426b0