Windows 10: Certain Updates are preventing me from accessing Libraries

Discus and support Certain Updates are preventing me from accessing Libraries in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I have a folder of videos on my PC which has been added to Libraries. In the next room is my Dune media player and when I use its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dortmunder, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Certain Updates are preventing me from accessing Libraries

Hi. I have a folder of videos on my PC which has been added to Libraries. In the next room is my Dune media player and when I use its NetworkBrowser/UPnP button, I can navigate to and play the videos.

After Update KB4601345, I could navigate to the video folder but the Dune said 'empty'. I uninstalled the Update and all was well again.

Now another Update (KB5000822) has done the same thing. The problem might be easier to solve if the Dune had no access at all to my PC but that's not the case the Dune shows me the folder's name so it must have a clear path to my PC. It just can't see the videos within the folder.

Can anyone suggest what these Updates are doing to my Library and how to fix it? I don't want to have too many uninstalled Updates. Many thanks for all suggestions offered. Winver 1809 build 17763.316.

:)

dortmunder, Mar 12, 2021

2. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Mar 12, 2021
  3. RevoLand Win User
    Steam Library Manager (Free/Open-Source/C#/v1.4.4)

Steam Library Manager (SLM) is a tool to manage your Steam Libraries quick and easy. With SLM you can administrate all of your games and backups from one place. Drag and drop between libraries and backup folders with ease. Works with existing Steam Backups or opt to use SLM's open system for fast updates and quick access to game files.

Benefits to using SLM over Steam Backup:
    • Backups can be updated quickly. No need to recreate the entire backup from scratch.
    • Backup files are open and easily accessible.
    • Workshop content and mods such as ENB, ReShade, and SweetFX get backed up automatically.
    • Faster backups, faster restores, works with or without Steam running.
    • Compression is available for those who want to keep things lean.
    • Built-in library cleaner for leftovers.
    • Free & Open-Source, MIT license.
    Screenshots:

Certain Updates are preventing me from accessing Libraries LibraryTab.png

Certain Updates are preventing me from accessing Libraries TaskManagerTab.png

Certain Updates are preventing me from accessing Libraries LibraryCleanerTab.png

Certain Updates are preventing me from accessing Libraries SettingsTab.png

Links:
    Latest Release (v1.4.4)
    GitHub Page (Sources)
    Steam Group

All suggestions are welcome and will help further development of SLM.

RevoLand, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Certain Updates are preventing me from accessing Libraries

Can't access certain websites in Win10

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your efforts and time.

• As I understand you are unable to access certain websites, what websites are you not able to access?
    • Have you logged in with a Microsoft account or a local account?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Network troubleshooter. Either search for it in the Search or run it by following the link below.
    Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

• Try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.
    • Check for Windows Updates.
    • Check for drivers for the network adapter.
    • Open a CMD window as Administrator:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
      • netsh winsock reset
    Also try to restart the DNS service.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Run.
    • Type services.msc. Click on Ok.
    • Then find DNS client. Right-click on it to Stop it and Restart it.
    If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Certain Updates are preventing me from accessing Libraries

1. Certain Updates are preventing me from accessing Libraries - Similar Threads - Certain Updates are

2. How can we prevent Windows Update from updating certain drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can we prevent Windows Update from updating certain drivers?: Windows Update is "updating" my AMD Radeon Graphics from 31.0.x to 30.x and it's causing an issue for my system. Everytime I update it to the correct driver using AMD's driver auto-detect tool, Windows Update reinstalls the incorrect driver. It's like a cat/mouse game. Is...
  3. How can we prevent Windows Update from updating certain drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can we prevent Windows Update from updating certain drivers?: Windows Update is "updating" my AMD Radeon Graphics from 31.0.x to 30.x and it's causing an issue for my system. Everytime I update it to the correct driver using AMD's driver auto-detect tool, Windows Update reinstalls the incorrect driver. It's like a cat/mouse game. Is...
  4. Can't rename certain libraries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't rename certain libraries: i'm trying to rename to Videos library to Television, but each time i write the new name it doesnt stick and goes back to Videos, this happens quite randomly as sometimes i'm able to do this and others i dont, can anyone help...
  5. can I prevent certain parts of the update from installing?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can I prevent certain parts of the update from installing?: Every Time I update my pc my video card stops working. I have researched this and found out that I was sold a second hand card that had been changed to run faster or some such. I am not the most techy soul Anyway, I am going to be forced to do my Window updates and wondered...
  6. Some sort of computer virus preventing me from accessing it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some sort of computer virus preventing me from accessing it.: So we're at our school's computer laboratory where we're doing an activity. The teacher asked us to save our work into our flash drives. I hesitated because our school's computers are: full of viruses, never cleaned of previous year's files, has no antivirus, always broken,...
  7. How to prevent certain program from auto update

How to prevent certain program from auto update: How to prevent certain program from auto update From Control Panel shows Windows defender firewall from right shows Advanced Setting From right shows Inbound Rules, from lift shows New Rule, and follow the steps 1- اختار برامج 2-حدد مكان البرنامج الذى لا ترغب في تحديثه...
  8. One Drive prevents me from accessing Word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive prevents me from accessing Word documents: Recently, even though I'm logged into One Drive, when I open Word documents saved on One Drive I get a message telling me to "sign in" and saying something about being unable to sync. I've never had this problem before. If I'm signed in, I should be able to access existing...
  9. Updates that have prevented me from accessing my word document files

Updates that have prevented me from accessing my word document files: Is there any way to delete them and block further updates? Thanks for any ideas. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/updates-that-have-prevented-me-from-accessing-my/c3a98723-f012-47ff-b981-7f790d454a83
  10. prevent access to certain folder from an account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    prevent access to certain folder from an account: hi my computer has 2 accounts, both administrators. one is mine, the other is my wife's. I have a folder that contains pictures and videos which I don't want my wife to view/access. I DO need the indexing search mechanism to keep indexing it but I don't want the...