Windows 10: Certain Windows 10 apps appear extremely "grainy"

Discus and support Certain Windows 10 apps appear extremely "grainy" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, For about 2 months now I've noticed that a few apps on my computer appear to be very "grainy". I can't think of any other word to describe it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LilDellie, Dec 27, 2020.

1. LilDellie Win User

Certain Windows 10 apps appear extremely "grainy"

Hey,

For about 2 months now I've noticed that a few apps on my computer appear to be very "grainy". I can't think of any other word to describe it and I can't find any solutions online about this problem. I attached a screenshot below of one of the many apps that this problem occurs on. these tiny little grains appear in clusters and start to form some weird shapes and patterns. This doesn't happen on many apps. The ones that i've noticed it on is MS Teams, Curse Forge Launcher (the one in the screenshot) and the Epic Games launcher.

Not sure if anyone has had this problem before, but any help would be appreciated.

So far I can confirm it's not my graphics card since I recently upgrades and this problem is still happening.

It's telling me to write my windows version so here it is: Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.685)

:)

LilDellie, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 27, 2020
  4. leot__ Win User

External monitor grainy

I have connected an external monitor with an HDMI cable. However the display is grainy.

my specs are:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Processor: Intel (R) Celeron(R) CPU N3060 @1.6 GHz
    • Display adaptor: Intel (R) HD graphics
    My monitor display setting are:

Certain Windows 10 apps appear extremely "grainy" 0b4fa857-ca49-4455-91f2-66851cd2a905?upload=true.png

How do I setup my monitor so that it doesn't show this grainy display?

leot__, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Certain Windows 10 apps appear extremely "grainy" - Similar Threads - Certain apps appear

2. Certain apps not appearing in Windows 10 search box

in Cortana
    Certain apps not appearing in Windows 10 search box: I recently reset my PC after a recent problem I've had for quite a few months involving a missing cursor. Though the cursor has now been appearing on regular startup, I noticed that most to all apps I've installed after the reset either appear as "run commands" or just Bing...
  3. Certain apps not appearing in Windows 10 search box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain apps not appearing in Windows 10 search box: I recently reset my PC after a recent problem I've had for quite a few months involving a missing cursor. Though the cursor has now been appearing on regular startup, I noticed that most to all apps I've installed after the reset either appear as "run commands" or just Bing...
  4. Certain apps not appearing in Windows 10 search box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Applications appear grainy and distorted when using windows 11.

Applications appear grainy and distorted when using windows 11.: Hello,I've been using windows 11 for quite some time now. Whenever I open third-party apps like Whatsapp desktop, Visual Studio code in dark mode. Every few seconds I get the below output from the apps.Anybody who has experienced such and maybe a potential fix.I am running a...
  6. Black line appearing under certain apps

Black line appearing under certain apps: Hello,I recently restart my pc, after restarting all of my app data are deleted and got log out automatically. Certain apps which runs before restarting are now not responding. Some of the names are1CalculatorCameraCalenderFilms and TvMailsMapsMicrosoft storeMicrosoft...
  7. Black line appearing under certain apps

Black line appearing under certain apps: I have pretty new laptop used for 10 months. I restart my laptop and i got log out automatically from most of the apps Microsoft edge, Google chrome, Microsoft teams. gmail etc... However i fix this problem by signing in all of them but when opening any photos on my pc I am...
  8. Apps in Windows 10 becoming white and grainy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps in Windows 10 becoming white and grainy: Hi, In the Epic games store, and Xbox app, the apps are becoming white and grainy, I will attach screenshots below, this issue is worse on the Epic Games store than on the Xbox App. The picture for FIFA 20 looks different than what its supposed to be, and same for all the...
  9. Microsoft Flight simulator extremely Grainy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight simulator extremely Grainy.: [IMG]Ever since I’ve had this sim, theres always been an annoying amount of grain, so much that it even shows up in my screenshots. Ive seen other support threads that have said that it’s ‘normal’ and its how they do the textures. I dont see how this is normal when I have...
  10. Grainy appearance in some Microsoft solitaire games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grainy appearance in some Microsoft solitaire games: It's probably old hat, but I like to fill in wait time with Solitaire Games. Having accidentally downloaded the2004 Update for Win 10, I've noticed "hairy" inclusions ever since on card/board surface. Clicking makes them reappear elsewhere. There doesn't seem to be any...