Windows 10: Certain Windows apps get stuck scrolling

Discus and support Certain Windows apps get stuck scrolling in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the last couple weeks I've been having a problem that's driving me crazy and I haven't found a suitable solution yet. After a while, certain Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Armyof12Monkeys, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Certain Windows apps get stuck scrolling

In the last couple weeks I've been having a problem that's driving me crazy and I haven't found a suitable solution yet. After a while, certain Windows apps, primarily Settings, Search and Photos that I've noticed, as well as the Start Menu, will act as though something is stuck scrolling them up or down, which makes it almost impossible to use them. A box will appear highlighting a selection as if a keyboard command has been giving and it will very quickly scroll in one direction. It's different every time. It's like a keyboard button is stuck or something, but I have confirmed that there are no keyboard, mouse or trackpad problems. I unplugged my wireless mouse dongle and the issue persisted, disconnected both bluetooth game controllers, turned off the track pad and the keyboard works perfectly fine in all other apps. I have tried to produce similar behavior with the keyboard when not experiencing the issue and it does not appear as though any keys cause that behavior to happen. There are no issues with almost all other apps, except I think the Windows Store Netflix app did behave similarly, but there are no issues in Chrome or anything else, so it cannot be a hardware problem. The issue is not constant, it goes away after I sign out and sign back in or restart and it shows up after a while, usually 12-24 hours later. I've only had this computer for 2 months and up until a couple weeks ago everything was fine. I've run all sorts of Windows troubleshooters and everything came back fine. Updated drivers. I don't know what else it could be. I tried to troubleshoot it while it was happening to no avail. I would rather not have to reset everything and start all over with Windows, especially since I have no way to know that the issue won't come back. I've looked up countless other threads online of similar sounding issues and none of the solutions applied to my case.

:)

Armyof12Monkeys, Jul 30, 2020

2. Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 30, 2020
  3. aronchick Win User
    Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Jul 30, 2020
  4. neo158 Win User

Certain Windows apps get stuck scrolling

Jump/Scroll to Top or Bottom?

If it's in an app then that's up to the developer to implement Jumps Lists. Jump Lists show up where need after a certain amount of content or apps are available within the OS.

neo158, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Certain Windows apps get stuck scrolling

1. Certain Windows apps get stuck scrolling - Similar Threads - Certain apps stuck

2. PC scrolls certain windows autonomously

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC scrolls certain windows autonomously: I have been struggling with this problem for as long as I can remember. At some point, my computer suddenly starts scrolling up or down on certain windows of my pc. Primarily the Settings, the Photo app and the Start menu. It doesn't affect me at all while I play games,...
  3. Microsoft store app stuck scrolling to bottom

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store app stuck scrolling to bottom: Hello! I was trying to look through the microsoft store on my new desktop, but I keep running into a problem: the app continuously scrolls all the way to the bottom. Scrolling up via the scrollwheel, arrow keys, page up button, and the scrollbar on the side, and this problem...
  4. Arrow keys stuck not physically and auto-scrolling in certain menus

Arrow keys stuck not physically and auto-scrolling in certain menus: I'm not sure if this is caused by the arrow keys or something else, but in several apps or menus there's an erratic scrolling happening. For example in the start menu the white selection box will appear on one app and then constantly scroll up, making the menu unusable as I...
  5. Apps getting stuck on top

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps getting stuck on top: I've got a couple apps that seem to be stuck in an "Always on Top" state. That is, I have to minimize these apps before I can view anything that is behind it. I'm not even sure how it got to this state or what caused it. How does it get into that state in the first place, and...
  6. Certain windows apps not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain windows apps not working: Applications like Photos, Paint 3D, 3D builder and 3D builder don't work. They open, and close without doing anything. Even when reinstalling them, they don't work. I am running the latest update of windows 10 1909....
  7. Problems scrolling with touchpad only on certain overlays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems scrolling with touchpad only on certain overlays: I've been having this issue with my touch pad for about a month now - or it could have been longer because I generally use a wireless mouse and not the touch pad. It started with me not being able to scroll with two fingers ONLY in the Start Menu. I searched for other...
  8. Auto Scrolling During Certain Games

Auto Scrolling During Certain Games: Every time I've opened the game, it has been extremely difficult to select anything from the main menu due to the game constantly automatically scrolling through every option with no way to stop it. Other Applications workings smoothly without any problem....
  9. Ridiculously fast touchpad scrolling in certain apps. (Steam, Spotify)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ridiculously fast touchpad scrolling in certain apps. (Steam, Spotify): So, I've been having this issue ever since I got my new laptop (Lenovo L340). In certain apps, namely Steam and Spotify. The two-finger scrolling on the touchpad gets ridiculously fast. Moving your fingers down by a literal millimeter sends you down to the bottom of almost...
  10. Mouse will auto scroll certain windows to top of page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse will auto scroll certain windows to top of page: So starting a few days ago I started having an issue with my mouse scrolling some windows up or to the left (the quick access bar on the left of File Explorer, the settings window and the snipping tool for example). The scrolling happens only when my mouse is over said...