Windows 10: Certain windows apps not working

Discus and support Certain windows apps not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Applications like Photos, Paint 3D, 3D builder and 3D builder don't work. They open, and close without doing anything. Even when reinstalling them,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SharathS21312, May 11, 2020.

1. Certain windows apps not working

Applications like Photos, Paint 3D, 3D builder and 3D builder don't work. They open, and close without doing anything. Even when reinstalling them, they don't work.

I am running the latest update of windows 10 1909.

:)

SharathS21312, May 11, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Certain windows apps not working :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 11, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 11, 2020
  4. Certain windows apps not working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Certain windows apps not working

1. Certain windows apps not working - Similar Threads - Certain apps working

2. Internet not working for certain apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet not working for certain apps: This has been going on for about a month. Its not always a thing, but it is most of the time. I'm not sure if this problem is related to microsoft, but wasnt sure where else to ask it.When I try to load certain websites, its really slow but when I try to load others its fast....
  3. Internet not working for certain apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet not working for certain apps: This has been going on for about a month. Its not always a thing, but it is most of the time. I'm not sure if this problem is related to microsoft, but wasnt sure where else to ask it.When I try to load certain websites, its really slow but when I try to load others its fast....
  4. Internet not working for certain apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet works but certain apps dont.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet works but certain apps dont.: My internet works perfectly fine. i can go on google and youtube without a problem and play on Minecraft with no issue. When i attempt to use an app like Steam or Discord the following happens.Discord: it gets stuck in "waiting for connection"Steam: Games will launch but im...
  6. Certain functions of windows apps not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Certain functions of windows apps not working: So lately I had some issues with the following apps: Microsoft Store Xbox App Windows Settings And perhaps more, but I have not found anything besides this. Microsoft Store: I can browse and login just fine, but when I want to download anything it says error, with...
  7. Microphone only works in certain apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone only works in certain apps: Hello! So my laptop's microphone isn't workin on certain apps such as Discord or the Browser. However, it is detected and even works in apps such as the sound recorder, the camera app. I've already tried everything, from updating the drivers and checking the sound privacy...
  8. 'g' key not working on keyboard in certain apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    'g' key not working on keyboard in certain apps: Hi, Sorry if this is is the wrong category - can't see where it should go... I have a really random problem! I can't type the letter "g" on my keyboard in certain programs. Here, as you can see, it works fine. I thought it was my keyboard at first, but I tried another...
  9. Audio not working for certain games/apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not working for certain games/apps: I've had this problem for a while, for about 6 or so months. Every so often, while i was playing games, my audio would start to bug out, play some loud frequencies, and completely stop. At first, I though it was a problem with Discord on my computer, but after talking to...
  10. Certain Universal Apps aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain Universal Apps aren't working: This is not your typical "My modern apps don't work" post. Some of my apps are working fine, for instance Edge and Mail. Others, do not, such as the Windows Store, Weather, Photos, etc... I've tried all the various tricks to uninstall and re-install these apps, but get the...