Windows 10: Certificate Error in word only.

Discus and support Certificate Error in word only. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, thanks in advance for any help given. The less technical, the better. Since doing a fresh instal of both W8.1 and Office pro 2016, I have issues... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by 82tbird, Jul 12, 2020.

1. 82tbird Win User

Certificate Error in word only.

Hi, thanks in advance for any help given. The less technical, the better.

Since doing a fresh instal of both W8.1 and Office pro 2016, I have issues with some website links, when preparing word docs.

They work in Wordpad and when placed in emails and forums. Only some links are affected.

Copy and paste a website link to a word doc and it may or may not work. When it doesn't, I first get the window saying Certificate Error and when that is clicked, another saying Cannot locate internet or proxy server.

Thanks.

:)

82tbird, Jul 12, 2020
  2. 82tbird Win User

Hi, thanks in advance for any help given. The less technical, the better.

Since doing a fresh instal of both W8.1 and Office pro 2016, I have issues with some website links, when preparing word docs.

They work in Wordpad and when placed in emails and forums. Only some links are affected.

Copy and paste a website link to a word doc and it may or may not work. When it doesn't, I first get the window saying Certificate Error and when that is clicked, another saying Cannot locate internet or proxy server.

Thanks.

82tbird, Aug 4, 2020
  3. certificate error. navigation

Hi Larry,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you receive certificate error. navigation on web browser and I'd be certainly help you.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• Which browser are you referring to ?
    • Have you cross checked this issue on other browsers?
    • Which is the website, you are redirected to?
    A site's certificate allows Internet Explorer to establish a secure connection with the site. Certificate errors occur when there's a problem with a certificate or a web server's use of the certificate.

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion by Yaqub from the following link if you are using Internet Explorer browser.

Certificate error on Internet Explorer, error message that states the content from the site was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate.
    Note: applies to Windows 10.

Keep us posted on the status of the issue and I’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Aug 4, 2020
  4. annie Win User

How do I change (Read Only) on Microsoft Word

When I downloaded Windows 10 and used my Microsoft Word it was in (Read Only) and I tried looking up how to solve the problem including looking at properties on my document to uncheck read only, but it was already unchecked. I have tried all the steps suggested.

annie, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Certificate Error in word only. - Similar Threads - Certificate Error word

2. Unable to install Trusted Certificate for WORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Trusted Certificate for WORD: Trying to run setup.exe under Win11 with trusted certificate loaded and receiving the following error:Name: MeSOWsMeCustomer.Word.V2 From: file:///C:/Temp/Deploy/MeSOWsMeCustomer.Word.V2.vsto ************** Exception Text ************** System.Security.SecurityException:...
  3. Unable to install Trusted Certificate for WORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install Trusted Certificate for WORD: Trying to run setup.exe under Win11 with trusted certificate loaded and receiving the following error:Name: MeSOWsMeCustomer.Word.V2 From: file:///C:/Temp/Deploy/MeSOWsMeCustomer.Word.V2.vsto ************** Exception Text ************** System.Security.SecurityException:...
  4. install error with certificates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    install error with certificates: while trying to update a new install win7 32 bit using the refurbished install disc I am constantly getting this message how do I correct this. I can't get windows update to run with out error code 80072EFE...
  5. install error with certificates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    install error with certificates: while trying to update a new install win7 32 bit using the refurbished install disc I am constantly getting this message how do I correct this. I can't get windows update to run with out error code 80072EFE...
  6. WinRM certificate error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinRM certificate error: I have fix that error. I run every things again,and here have the same error. I don't have domain name.https://www.visualstudiogeeks.com/devops/how-to-configure-winrm-for-https-manually...
  7. certificate errors

certificate errors: when attempting connect to a digital camera remotely I receive certificate errors. All 3 browsers behave the same. What is the official resolution to this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certificate-errors/97ea1b00-ff31-4bbb-b3cf-10860924b5ce
  8. Certificate Error: Navigation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Certificate Error: Navigation: While using WIFI at a hot spot such as Burger King when I tried to access Facebook Messenger or Facebook I get an error message that the sites security certificate is not trusted. How can I tell my computer to trust the site and go to it anyway...such as Facebook?...
  9. Always On VPN certificate error with Skype certificates

Always On VPN certificate error with Skype certificates: Hi, We have an Always On VPN configured that was working great, as soon as you login it would auto connect almost instantly. Since configuring Skype for Business via Office 365 it now always prompts saying "action needed" and we have to pick the correct certificate before...
  10. I only want word

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I only want word: I'm purchasing a new HP laptop, I don't want the full office suite I only want word, doesn't it come with computers? I purchased Office 2007 and still have the discs, it was a one time purchase. Why is it a yearly subscription now? I'm now wondering if I should just get my...