Windows 10: Certificate error - Windows 10 / Accessing Router

Discus and support Certificate error - Windows 10 / Accessing Router in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a Win10 host running a couple of VMs. The other day I lost access to the admin web page on my router from the host. The message that is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LEWIS_F, May 6, 2019.

1. LEWIS_F Win User

Certificate error - Windows 10 / Accessing Router

I have a Win10 host running a couple of VMs. The other day I lost access to the admin web page on my router from the host. The message that is generated is below: Access to 192.168.1.1 was denied You don't have authorization to view this page. HTTP ERROR 403 Access to the web page from any of the VMs works so the issue is with the host. I ran a Fiddler trace and I get this in the log 18:11:20:0546 /Fiddler.CertMaker> Using &#4;.‰&#20;+˜&#20; for certificate generation; UseWildcards=True. 18:11:20:0665 HTTPSLint> Warning: ClientHello record was 508 bytes long. Some servers have problems with ClientHello's greater than 255 bytes. https://github.com/ssllabs/research/wiki/Long-Handshake-Intolerance 18:11:26:2295 !SecureClientPipeDirect failed: System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception. < An unknown error occurred while processing the certificate for pipe (CN=192.168.1.1, O=DO_NOT_TRUST, OU=Created by http://www.fiddler2.com). 18:11:27:3231 !SecureClientPipeDirect failed: System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception. < An unknown error occurred while processing the certificate for pipe (CN=192.168.1.1, O=DO_NOT_TRUST, OU=Created by http://www.fiddler2.com). I believe for some reason I have a corrupted certificate on the local host (not on the router since the VMs work fine). It's also not a firewall issue because I get the same error if the firewall is turned off. I'm not an expert on certs and SSP so I'd appreciate it if someone could provide some possible troubleshooting steps to take or better yet a possible solution. TIA.

:)

LEWIS_F, May 6, 2019

2. No Internet Access. Certificate Error?

Hi Lungi,

Certificate errors occur when there's a problem with a certificate or a web server's use of the certificate. A website's certificate identifies the web server and it enables Internet Explorer to establish a secure connection with the site. Internet Explorer
    can help keep your information more secure by warning you about certificate errors.

We would suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1:
    Perform System File Checker
    (SFC) scan

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Step 2:
    Clean boot

It will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and start up programs. It will also eliminate software conflicts that could occur when you install a program, or an update, or when you run a program in Windows.

Step 3: Clear cache and cookies from the Microsoft Edge browser.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More Action at the right top corner.
    • Click on Settings, click on Choose what to clear under
      Clear browsing data.
    • Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit
      Clear
    • Close the browser and try to open it again.

In addition, you may check this article for more information about
    Certificate errors: FAQ

Thank you.

Acelyn Alc, May 6, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 6, 2019
  4. Certificate error - Windows 10 / Accessing Router

certificate error. navigation

Hi Larry,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you receive certificate error. navigation on web browser and I'd be certainly help you.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• Which browser are you referring to ?
    • Have you cross checked this issue on other browsers?
    • Which is the website, you are redirected to?
    A site's certificate allows Internet Explorer to establish a secure connection with the site. Certificate errors occur when there's a problem with a certificate or a web server's use of the certificate.

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion by Yaqub from the following link if you are using Internet Explorer browser.

Certificate error on Internet Explorer, error message that states the content from the site was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate.
    Note: applies to Windows 10.

Keep us posted on the status of the issue and I’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Certificate error - Windows 10 / Accessing Router

1. Certificate error - Windows 10 / Accessing Router - Similar Threads - Certificate error Accessing

2. Accessing a drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing a drive connected to router: I have a hard disk connected to my router's USB port. I confirmed that the HD is compatible with the router.My goal is to use this HD as a 'network attached storage' so other computers on the same wireless network can access to HD to add files to it or download anything...
  3. Accessing a drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing a drive connected to router: I have a hard disk connected to my router's USB port. I confirmed that the HD is compatible with the router.My goal is to use this HD as a 'network attached storage' so other computers on the same wireless network can access to HD to add files to it or download anything...
  4. Accessing a drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Router remote access settings?

Router remote access settings?: Dear all I was looking through my Router settings, and this one confused me: Screenshot by Lightshot 1. Does it mean remote acccess to my network, or only remote access to the router? 2. The setting below, does it mean, that now everyone can get access to my network or...
  6. 2 routers - access to outside router devices

2 routers - access to outside router devices: I have an ASUS router rt-ac66u behind an HH3000 routerSagecomm 5566. When directly connected to the HH3000 by WiFi, I can see It's USB storage using \\mynetwork in documentation per the ISPs instruction. When only connected to the ASUS i did setup a route and, I can ping...
  7. How to access router

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to access router: I cannot access my router. I keep getting an error that I am blocked by windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-router/6df174be-f781-4ca0-8ba3-bcfd7d040571
  8. Access USB Plugged into Router

Access USB Plugged into Router: Hey Guys I am trying to access my router using file explorer [ATTACH] I then used the default gateway address and tried pasting it into file explorer as shown [ATTACH] But then receive the following error [ATTACH]...
  9. certificate errors

certificate errors: when attempting connect to a digital camera remotely I receive certificate errors. All 3 browsers behave the same. What is the official resolution to this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certificate-errors/97ea1b00-ff31-4bbb-b3cf-10860924b5ce
  10. Can't access router.

Can't access router.: MY configuration: I an trying to adjust to a recent change in my home network. I have Comcast phone, TV and Internet. The Comcast modem/router/Tele connection is in the basement. To have strong wireless upstairs, on the 2nd floor -- at the other end of the cable -- is another...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. router keeps failling security certificate

2. certificate error on accessing router

3. certificate error in accessing router information