Windows 10: Certificate for WiFi access goes missing

Discus and support Certificate for WiFi access goes missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello wondering if anyone has experienced this or can help We use a certificate for our office staff to connect to our office wifi but recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sandeep Matharoo, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Certificate for WiFi access goes missing

hello

wondering if anyone has experienced this or can help

We use a certificate for our office staff to connect to our office wifi but recently quite a few users (10-15) randomly seem to lose their certificate from their laptop resulting in them not being able to access the wifi.

access is restored by connecting them with a ethernet cable on to the network and requesting a new cert.

I dont think the certs are expiring as they are set to auto renew.

Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

Sandeep Matharoo, Sep 19, 2018

2. No Internet Access. Certificate Error?

Hi Lungi,

Certificate errors occur when there's a problem with a certificate or a web server's use of the certificate. A website's certificate identifies the web server and it enables Internet Explorer to establish a secure connection with the site. Internet Explorer
    can help keep your information more secure by warning you about certificate errors.

We would suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1:
    Perform System File Checker
    (SFC) scan

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Step 2:
    Clean boot

It will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and start up programs. It will also eliminate software conflicts that could occur when you install a program, or an update, or when you run a program in Windows.

Step 3: Clear cache and cookies from the Microsoft Edge browser.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More Action at the right top corner.
    • Click on Settings, click on Choose what to clear under
      Clear browsing data.
    • Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit
      Clear
    • Close the browser and try to open it again.

In addition, you may check this article for more information about
    Certificate errors: FAQ

Thank you.

Acelyn Alc, Sep 19, 2018
  3. karyeowl Win User
    Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Certificate for WiFi access goes missing

Expired security certificate for Metropcs.com

Hi David,

Getting the error message that says the site is using an invalid security certificate may be caused by missing certificates or could be due to web browser cache issues. To sort out this problem, try manually installing the missing certificates and deleting
    the web browser's browsing history. Follow the steps below:

Manually installing the missing certificates.

• In Internet Explorer, click Continue to this website (not recommended), if the error message about having invalid security certificate pops up.
    • Click the Certificate Error to open the information window.
    • Click View Certificates, and then Install Certificate.
    • On the warning message that appears, click Yes to install the certificates.

Clearing browsing history.

• Launch Internet Explorer.
    • Click Tools (gear icon) on the top-right corner, then select
      Internet Options.
    • Under General > Browsing history, click Delete.
    • Tick the box for Temporary Internet files and website files.
    • Click Delete.

Once done, try accessing the website again and see if you still get the same error.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Certificate for WiFi access goes missing

1. Certificate for WiFi access goes missing - Similar Threads - Certificate WiFi access

2. Taskbar goes missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar goes missing: Every time I start my laptop nowadays, the taskbar vanishes. Until I restart the PC, it stays vanished. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-goes-missing/528e4c8e-6b29-4f14-9183-3559c8fc01d5
  3. Taskbar goes missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar goes missing: Every time I start my laptop nowadays, the taskbar vanishes. Until I restart the PC, it stays vanished. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-goes-missing/528e4c8e-6b29-4f14-9183-3559c8fc01d5
  4. Security Certificate Wifi Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Certificate Wifi Error: When I try to connect to my school wifi it gives me a page saying connect to wifi, The Wi-Fi you are using BISD-BYOD may require you to visit its login page and when I click connect it just sends me to http://www.gstatic.com/generate_204 which is just a white screen, I really...
  5. Security Certificate Wifi Error

Security Certificate Wifi Error: When I try to connect to my school wifi it gives me a page saying connect to wifi, The Wi-Fi you are using BISD-BYOD may require you to visit its login page and when I click connect it just sends me to http://www.gstatic.com/generate_204 which is just a white screen, I really...
  6. Security Certificate Wifi Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Missing certificate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing certificate: XboxAppServices.exe is missing your digital Microsoft certificate. All programs you have are digitally signed except that one. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-certificate/313e681e-f27c-4c28-8caf-fa9df444b59e
  8. Missing certificate

Missing certificate: XboxAppServices.exe is missing your digital Microsoft certificate. All programs you have are digitally signed except that one. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-certificate/313e681e-f27c-4c28-8caf-fa9df444b59e
  9. Missing certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Wifi option on the taskbar goes missing every once in a while

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi option on the taskbar goes missing every once in a while: The wifi option goes missing randomly on every boot up. For instance today I turn on my laptop the wifi option is there, yesterday it wasn't. If I shutdown and start my laptop again it is highly probable the wifi will be missing again. This is not an issue of enabling 'quick...