Windows 10: Certificate Issue -- Win 10 Fails Connect

Discus and support Certificate Issue -- Win 10 Fails Connect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro w/16GB RAM, copious HDD, had update trouble in Nov/Dec. Eventually, update pronounced itself ok. However, after that, a web site with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BRPv, Feb 14, 2019.

1. BRPv Win User

Certificate Issue -- Win 10 Fails Connect

Win 10 Pro w/16GB RAM, copious HDD, had update trouble in Nov/Dec. Eventually, update pronounced itself ok.

However, after that, a web site with a link protected by a .P12 Certificate suddenly fails. All other machines using same cert work just fine. Affects CHROME, EDGE, FIREFOX, and INTERNET EXPLORER.

The machine also has VirtualBox installed with a UBUNTU 18.10 guest VM. This VM uses FIREFOX to surf the web.

Using the SAME CERTIFICATE, the VM contacts the problem website just fine.

I conclude there's some kind of problem in Win 10 Certificate handling since Win 10 fails and UBUNTU works!

Network Troubleshooter is unable to identify the problem.

Ideas anyone?

:)

2. What is causing Prime 95 to keep failing all the time in the first 10 minutes?

...and what will be your next step if THAT fails to make Prime stable? More volts?

I would think you would want to be using the LEAST amount of volts possible (for heat and longevity issues). That's why I suggested you use a more scientific approach to troubleshooting your instabilty. Meaning, IF your RAM passes 10 loops of MemTest with no errors at the speed you are trying to run, AND Prime continues to fail, THEN consider giving a bump to NB, FSB and Vcore (in that order).

Dr. Spankenstein, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Certificate Issue -- Win 10 Fails Connect

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you’re facing issues accessing your HP Printer homepage. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would like to know a few information:

• Did you check with any other browser?

• Did you make any changes to the software prior to this issue?

• Are you using any Antivirus/Security software?

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1:

Try viewing the website in Compatibility View and see if that helps.

Note: Not all website display problems are caused by browser incompatibility. Interrupted Internet connections, heavy traffic, or problems with the website can also affect how a webpage is displayed.

a) Open Internet Explorer.

b) Press ALT+T keys, to launch “Tools” drop down menu.

c) In the “Tools” menu, select “Compatibility View Settings” option.

d) In the “Compatibility View” window, add the name of websites (with which you are facing the issue) and then check.

Method 2:

I suggest you to refer to the article mentioned below and check if the issue perists.

Certificate errors: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/certificate-errors-faq#ie=ie-10

Hope this information helps.

Reply us with the status of the issue.

Sincerely,

Ankit Rajput, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Certificate Issue -- Win 10 Fails Connect

1. Certificate Issue -- Win 10 Fails Connect - Similar Threads - Certificate Issue Fails

2. certification issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    certification issue: Hi Team, I attended AZ-400 Exam on 14-Oct-23 and till now I'm unable to find my certificate under View Certificate where as I'm able to download from the Provide Person Vue and also from Transcript. Please do the needful. Thanks Regards, Raja...
  3. certification issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    certification issue: Hi Team, I attended AZ-400 Exam on 14-Oct-23 and till now I'm unable to find my certificate under View Certificate where as I'm able to download from the Provide Person Vue and also from Transcript. Please do the needful. Thanks Regards, Raja...
  4. Win 10 connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 connectivity issues: Network works normally, but if I am playing a game, it will disconnect and would give the error message "can't connect to this network". It won't work unless I restart the PC. I have Win 10, version 20H2 and AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.30 GHz....
  5. Win 10 connectivity issues

Win 10 connectivity issues: Network works normally, but if I am playing a game, it will disconnect and would give the error message "can't connect to this network". It won't work unless I restart the PC. I have Win 10, version 20H2 and AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.30 GHz....
  6. Win 10 connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Two issues both related to certificates on Win 7

Two issues both related to certificates on Win 7: I have two issues both related to certificates and perhaps both have common reasons I need to find out. The first and les important issue is when I try to open any website via https in chrome browser v103, I receive the error NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID. However, date and time...
  8. Win 10 network and connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 network and connectivity issues: My Win 10 PC keeps disconnecting itself from the wi-fi. It will operate normally, but if I am playing a game it will disconnect and would give the error message "can't connect to this network". It won't work unless I restart the PC.Sometimes even after restart, it wouldn't...
  9. DotNet installer 4.8 Fails with Certificate Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DotNet installer 4.8 Fails with Certificate Issue: I'm trying to install dotnet 4.8. Both the web installer and offline installers fail with a "certificate revoked" issue. The certificate that is signing the update expired May 2, 2020. How do we still force the installer to work, or contact Microsoft to re-publish the...
  10. Connectivity issues Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connectivity issues Win 10: I'm having issues with internet connectivity. I can connect to a wifi network (it's one where you buy a plan and connect by logging into your account) but I can't get internet. When I used the windows troubleshooter, it said it cannot connect to the device or resource and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to access website .P12 Certificate suddenly fails