Windows 10: Certificate Services Client AutoEnrollment

Discus and support Certificate Services Client AutoEnrollment in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since the most recent update I get the below warning and then my PC automatically reboots. I am not sure how to fix this. I have tried recovery and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Canon14623, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Certificate Services Client AutoEnrollment

Since the most recent update I get the below warning and then my PC automatically reboots. I am not sure how to fix this. I have tried recovery and it did not work. I have tried resetting but the PC states it can not reset.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-CertificateServicesClient-AutoEnrollment" Guid="{F0DB7EF8-B6F3-4005-9937-FEB77B9E1B43}" EventSourceName="AutoEnrollment" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="32768">64</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreatedSystemTime="2020-02-14T16:38:14.515567100Z" />
    <EventRecordID>9995</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation/>
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>TJ-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data Name="Context">local system</Data>
    <Data Name="ObjId">ed e3 77 be e2 e6 cf 58 4d 6f 49 80 a9 4a 3f 71 2c aa 67 d6</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

Canon14623, Feb 14, 2020

2. Certificate Services Client AutoEnrollment

I have been having problems for quite some time now with my PC not booting up and having to force a reboot. This is a daily occurrence and my computer seems to be running something all the time so my PC reacts very slowly to commands. When I initially
    boot up my PC I have found that it is using Internet Explorer as the browser, and nothing happens. On forcing a reboot, this time it uses Microsoft Edge as the browser. Not sure what this has to do with anything. Following is just one of the warnings I
    am receiving on a daily basis.

Log Name: Application

Source: Microsoft-Windows-CertificateServicesClient-AutoEnrollment

Date: 4/12/2018 7:42:34 AM

Event ID: 64

Task Category: None

Level: Warning

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: DESKTOP-J91IGCF

Description:

Certificate for local system with Thumbprint e4 41 35 29 d9 db 15 b7 26 ad 16 6d 01 b6 e8 85 c9 67 a0 a2 is about to expire or already expired.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-CertificateServicesClient-AutoEnrollment" Guid="{F0DB7EF8-B6F3-4005-9937-FEB77B9E1B43}" EventSourceName="AutoEnrollment" />

<EventID Qualifiers="32768">64</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-04-12T12:42:34.257778900Z" />

<EventRecordID>170789</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-J91IGCF</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="Context">local system</Data>

<Data Name="ObjId">e4 41 35 29 d9 db 15 b7 26 ad 16 6d 01 b6 e8 85 c9 67 a0 a2</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Kathleen Boehringer, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Certificate Services Client AutoEnrollment

Ok, well good. At least it’s not a dying HD.

Let’s try to isolate the issue, and then fix it with a couple scans.

- Perform a clean boot.

1. Click Start and search: msconfig > Select System Configuration;

2. Click Services on System Configuration > Click and select Hide all Microsoft services > Click Disable all;

3. Click Startup on System Configuration > Click Open Task Manager;

4. Select each startup item on Startup and click Disable > Close Task Manager;

5. Click OK on Startup tab of System Configuration > Restart PC.

By doing so, your computer will be able Load MS services and I’d like to see how the boot up process goes. If it’s bettet than earlier, we can add back the services 1 by 1 to see which one might be the offending one.

Next.

- Click start, and type "cmd" - right click and run as admin

type:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

and hit Enter

Wait for the process complete and type:

sfc /scannow

and hit Enter.

These scans will attempt to repairs corrupts with the windows file system.

I’ll be here, let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Feb 14, 2020
  4. 1one.w01f Win User

Certificate Services Client AutoEnrollment

Certificate Templates on the client side

Hi,

Good day to you all! I hope this is the right place to ask this.

I have a few questions related to how certificate templates are being stored and distributed under AD CS:

• How do the clients get a list of applicable certificate templates from the enterprise CA, which is shown at the time when a new manual certificate enrollment is performed (e.g., someone goes to certmgr and request for a new certificate)?
    • How are certificate templates being stored on both the CA side and the client side? Is there a directory that the templates reside in? Or are they just a collection of Windows registries (e.g. Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\CertificateTemplateCache
      under HKCU and HKLM)?
    • Is it possible to programmatically read and parse certificate templates on the client side, ideally via some Microsoft provided public API? I am asking this because sometimes it is useful to check, verify and debug that

a) clients are getting all the expected templates;

b) the content of templates are as expected (particularly useful if there were templates of duplicated names, or an old template has its setting changed but the name is kept);

c) applicable clients are indeed getting the same list of templates.
    Please bear with me as I am a rookie to AD CS.

Thanks!

1one.w01f, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Certificate Services Client AutoEnrollment

1. Certificate Services Client AutoEnrollment - Similar Threads - Certificate Services Client

2. Radius serer + WLC and Client Certificate Authentication

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Radius serer + WLC and Client Certificate Authentication: Hello people,We have an issue with our radius server.I will explain what is our goal and what configuration we have so far: Our goal is to authenticate clients in the domain using WLC and Client Certificate Authentication. Each client in our domain has a unique personal...
  3. Radius serer + WLC and Client Certificate Authentication

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Radius serer + WLC and Client Certificate Authentication: Hello people,We have an issue with our radius server.I will explain what is our goal and what configuration we have so far: Our goal is to authenticate clients in the domain using WLC and Client Certificate Authentication. Each client in our domain has a unique personal...
  4. Problem with client certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with client certificate: Hi every oneI am currently having a problem with the certificate working on windows 10 and windows 11 clients. user after login and the computer shows this certificate even though no action has been taken. This error appears on many users in the domain, has anyone encountered...
  5. Problem with client certificate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with client certificate: Hi every oneI am currently having a problem with the certificate working on windows 10 and windows 11 clients. user after login and the computer shows this certificate even though no action has been taken. This error appears on many users in the domain, has anyone encountered...
  6. Problem with client certificate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. DNS Client Service Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS Client Service Issue: Hello. After getting "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" in many websites, I tried to fix this by restarting the DNS client service. The problem is that there are no clickable buttons in the services window, and using cmd gives an error saying that the cammand was invalid and to...
  8. Certificates are not propagated - Certificate Propagation Service

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Certificates are not propagated - Certificate Propagation Service: I have a problem using a Smart Card. For some reason it doesn't propagate certificates automatically, the only way it propagates is by locking the windows screen, and unlocking again. I understand that propagation is done automatically only when connecting my card to the...
  9. Windows 10 https + client certificate

Windows 10 https + client certificate: Hi I have a windows 10 enterprise, and I have got some odd behaviour. Whenever I attempt to access a site that uses https and client certificate authentication I get a 403 forbidden error. This happens for multiple different sites with multiple different certificates....
  10. DNS Client Service will not start

DNS Client Service will not start: If I open the DNS Client Service (Dnscache) in Services.msc, the Startup Type drop down box is greyed out, so I cannot change the startup type. It was disabled and I wanted to change it to Automatic but cannot from the Services utility. So I changed the Start value to 2 in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. {F0DB7EF8-B6F3-4005-9937-FEB77B9E1B43} EventSourceName=AutoEnrollment