Windows 10: Certificate store integrity

Discus and support Certificate store integrity in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all My certificate revocation list includes the certificates superseding those in use on my computer - , and alarmingly the MS TPM authority?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by midimaker, Feb 23, 2021.

1. midimaker Win User

Certificate store integrity

Hi all

My certificate revocation list includes the certificates superseding those in use on my computer - , and alarmingly the MS TPM authority?

Issued To Issued By Expiration Date Intended Purposes Friendly Name Status Certificate Template

EUS-NTC-KEYID-23F4E22AD3BE374A44<last22redacted> Microsoft TPM Root Certificate Authority 2014 21/03/2025 1.3.6.1.4.1.311.21.36, Attestation Identity Key Certificate <None>

Microsoft TPM Root Certificate Authority 2014 Microsoft TPM Root Certificate Authority 2014 10/12/2039 <All> <None>

Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Microsoft Root Authority 31/12/2002 Code Signing, Windows Hardware Driver Verification <None>

Root Agency Root Agency 31/12/2039 <All> <None>

SurfEasy Intermediate CA SurfEasy CA 18/02/2023 <All> <None>

www.verisign.com/CPS Incorp.by Ref. LIABILITY LTD.c97 VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority 24/10/2016 Server Authentication, Client Authentication, 2.16.840.1.113730.4.1, 2.16.840.1.113733.1.8.1 <None>

--------------------

I've also noticed certificates with additional properties including things like "KeyID=" in the text of the KeyID box; along with other data; and it really should be one information unit per box, excluding title.

My surfwasy cert as an eg:

KeyID=5f43......

Certificate Issuer:

Directory Address:

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

CN=SurfEasy CA

O=SurfEasy

L=Toronto

S=Ontario

C=CA

Certificate SerialNumber=00e3......

How can a typical windows user be sure the CA list is correct - I can find shockingly tiny amounts of info probably because if there's a CA issue , it'd be easy to filter out the fix

:)

midimaker, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Security certificate issue

Hi Doug,

To help you resolve your concern, please follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge and access Nextdoor.com, click
      Continue to this website (not recommended). There should be a
      Certificate warning
      that will appear.
    • Click the Certificate Error button to open the information window.
    • Click View Certificates, and then click Install Certificate.
    • On the warning message that appears, click Yes to install the certificate.

Please let us know the outcome

Ryan Fra, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    A certificate error message appears in Windows 10

Hi Dave,

The error message The identity of this website or the integrity of this connection cannot be verified likely occurs when there is an issue with a certificate or a web server’s use of the certificate. A website
    certificate is an identification from a trusted source for a specific website. This also certifies if the website is legit and uses encryption. For us to investigate the issue, kindly provide the answers to the following questions:

• When are you getting the error?
    • Are you trying to access a specific website?
    • What browser are you using?
    • Have you tried using a different browser and check if the issue is the same?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Clark Ari, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Certificate store integrity

N8 certificates not trusted/don't match the name

Well I worked out for myself how to verify the certificates are genuine:

• Using a desktop computer
    • Go to the page with the certificates
    • Select a certificate
    • It will say either:
      • Certificate already exists - this confirms that the certificate on the website matches one already in your browser, which we already trust, therefore the certificate on the website is trustworthy
      • Asks if you want to install the certificate, DON'T.
        • First view the certificate details.
        • Copy the certificate serial number or SHA1/SHA256/MD5/etc hash
        • Paste this into a search engine
        • If another website that you trust lists the certificate, e.g. your phone manufacturer or another trusted website (preferably a secure website, therefore you have confidence the website is genuine), then you can trust the certificate
        • If no trustworthy sites are returned in the search then try another hash or serial number
        • If you can't find any trustworthy sites listing the certificate then I suggest you don't trust it.
    • Finally, if you decide you trust a certificate then you can download and install on your phone.

CurvyClover488, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Certificate store integrity

1. Certificate store integrity - Similar Threads - Certificate store integrity

2. certification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    certification: I have a certificate with microsoft which I have lost but still have my transcript with me is there any help, to regain the certificate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certification/158ba229-8db5-4f0e-baab-df7175e1b497
  3. Weird certificate XBL Client IPsec Issuing CA found in my certificate store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird certificate XBL Client IPsec Issuing CA found in my certificate store: I noticed some errors in my event viewer telling me a certificate with a specific thumbprint could not be renewed. I went to find which certificate it was and it was found under local computer/personal certificates and it was issued by XBL Client IPsec Issuing CA. After...
  4. Weird certificate XBL Client IPsec Issuing CA found in my certificate store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird certificate XBL Client IPsec Issuing CA found in my certificate store: I noticed some errors in my event viewer telling me a certificate with a specific thumbprint could not be renewed. I went to find which certificate it was and it was found under local computer/personal certificates and it was issued by XBL Client IPsec Issuing CA. After...
  5. Weird certificate XBL Client IPsec Issuing CA found in my certificate store

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Certificates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certificates: Anyone know what would block a certificate from being sent through a third party software? I use DoD certificates to connect to a website and can do so successfully using IE, Firefox, or Chrome. But if I try to connect to the site using Webinspect, Burp, or Zap it gives me...
  7. Certificates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certificates: Anyone know what would block a certificate from being sent through a third party software? I use DoD certificates to connect to a website and can do so successfully using IE, Firefox, or Chrome. But if I try to connect to the site using Webinspect, Burp, or Zap it gives me...
  8. Certificates

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Verify Integrity in MS Store ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Verify Integrity in MS Store ?: The answers I've found where from at least a year or longer ago, and I am not great at reddit, but was curious: In Steam or a host of other programs I can just click on a button that re-verifies that integrity of my files without re-downloading everything. I've been enjoying...
  10. Integrated in Recommended peripherals in Windows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Integrated in Recommended peripherals in Windows Store: Hello, What does 'Integrated' mean and what is the difference? Thanks [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-in-recommended-peripherals-in-windows/73fba960-212d-4c6c-ab6b-6ad7b2b757b8"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft tpm root certificate authority 2014