Windows 10: Certificates on Windows

Discus and support Certificates on Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey! Today I've created a certificate, yesterday as well, I think, to encrypt one of my files, on a local user that has no admin rights, it is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SellBkb, Apr 12, 2021.

1. SellBkb Win User

Certificates on Windows

Hey! Today I've created a certificate, yesterday as well, I think, to encrypt one of my files, on a local user that has no admin rights, it is a standard user. I have 2 questions: in case I've deleted a certificate that is not created by me, is that dangerous? I mean I am afraid of vulnerabilities now, in case I deleted something that wasn't created by me. Do I get the certificate back once my PC needs it in case it is one that wasn't created by me?

Also, I've created the encryption certificate today, but I think I created one yesterday as well, I found 2 certificates in the Personal tab in the Certificates area in the MCC. My second question is, does the Windows come with a created certificate for a specific user? As far as I know, I didn't find any personal certificates created on the Administrator User, but on the Local one I had 2, I want to know if I created them both I struggled in the setup of the encryption manager, so that might explain it, or if Windows comes with a default, personal certificate created for you.

The most important aspect that I need answered is the first question, if I am left vulnerable in case my hand slips and I remove something that wasn't created by me, but was there by default or created while using the PC, without me creating the certificate specifically.

The reason I've tried to create these certificates was to back-up one of my files that I wanted encrypted and password protected.

:)

SellBkb, Apr 12, 2021

2. Certification Questions....

I would say the A+ certification should be your first step. Then I would go for the Server 2016 over Windows 10. but if they are paying for it why not both? I like the CompTIA A+, CompTIA Server+, and CompTIA Security+ certs, maybe network+ as well.

EDIT: It just depends on what you want to do in IT.

Mindweaver, Apr 12, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Certificates on Windows

Security certificate issue

Hi Doug,

To help you resolve your concern, please follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge and access Nextdoor.com, click
      Continue to this website (not recommended). There should be a
      Certificate warning
      that will appear.
    • Click the Certificate Error button to open the information window.
    • Click View Certificates, and then click Install Certificate.
    • On the warning message that appears, click Yes to install the certificate.

Please let us know the outcome

Ryan Fra, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Certificates on Windows

1. Certificates on Windows - Similar Threads - Certificates

2. Group Policy Lockdown: Install Root Certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Group Policy Lockdown: Install Root Certificate: Hello,I am looking to implement a mitigation recommendation from MITRE outlined on the following page:https://attack.mitre.org/techniques/T1553/004/The recommendation is to prevent users from installing their own root certificate with non-admin privileges through a change in...
  3. Windows changed my PFX certificate - Old certificate will not import

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows changed my PFX certificate - Old certificate will not import: Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Build 19041.928 Hey guys. This is the second time my Windows machine has decided to change my PFX certificate on me without asking/warning. I have an external HDD with files that are encrypted with a PFX file that I created in 2018. About 6 months...
  4. Can't disable Automatic Root Certificates Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't disable Automatic Root Certificates Update: I run a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19043.844 and if I disable Windows Automatic Root Certificate Update via GPEdit.msc then my internet stops working and all attempts at domain resolution fail. If try to disable Automatic Root Certificate Update by blocking...
  5. Encrypting File System and Certificates

Encrypting File System and Certificates: Hello I was hoping someone could clearly explain why sharing files encrypted using EFS require Enterprise Certificate Authority? [ATTACH] Cheers Julian Leach...
  6. I can't use the Window's Feedback Hub anymore because my certificates were some how corrupted.

I can't use the Window's Feedback Hub anymore because my certificates were some how corrupted.: Is there a non-pain in-the-butt way of getting more? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-the-windows-feedback-hub-anymore/4149638e-bec5-41ff-b6e5-68d2fe9b4987
  7. Admin problems and certificate expiry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin problems and certificate expiry: Hello All, I have a hand me down laptop and I cannot make any significant changes to it. The dialogue boxes do not have the Yes option in them. I have no original disks or software keys or anything. I cannot even assign a new User Account as an Administrator. I've tried...
  8. What are the certificates on Windows for and how important are they?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are the certificates on Windows for and how important are they?: I've created 2 certificates for myself, but I didn't intend to do that. So I opened MMC, navigated to the certificates and removed them. I am not sure if I removed only these 2 certificates. What would happen if I removed a random certificate, would I be exposed online? What...
  9. Unwanted appis and certificates that are propagated through registry and hidden guide...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted appis and certificates that are propagated through registry and hidden guide...: Hi ,there is much about my system that is not right. When I go into the registry there are many guides, hidden keys, unknown users, page redirector protocols, partition and bios manager entries other than default, i see when i freshly download files an api-msi-wincore series...
  10. Buy Genuine CELPIP certificate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Buy Genuine CELPIP certificate: Buy Genuine CELPIP certificate celpip certificate without exam, Are you worried that the certificate you get can be fake? Don’t worry, as we offer Genuine CELPIP certificate for sale. From us, you can buy genuine CELPIP certificate without exam. We let you buy CELPIP...