Windows 10: Certifications for Desktop Engineer

Discus and support Certifications for Desktop Engineer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi. I’ve been working in Desktop Support for a long time and would like to get certifications with the goal of getting into Desktop Engineering. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by PXLB, Mar 28, 2019.

1. PXLB Win User

Certifications for Desktop Engineer

Hi. I’ve been working in Desktop Support for a long time and would like to get certifications with the goal of getting into Desktop Engineering. I noticed the MCSE Certification is expiring 3/31/2019 and I could not find information about replacement certifications. Need guidance. Thank you.

-MB32

:)

2. N8 certificates not trusted/don't match the name

Well I worked out for myself how to verify the certificates are genuine:

• Using a desktop computer
    • Go to the page with the certificates
    • Select a certificate
    • It will say either:
      • Certificate already exists - this confirms that the certificate on the website matches one already in your browser, which we already trust, therefore the certificate on the website is trustworthy
      • Asks if you want to install the certificate, DON'T.
        • First view the certificate details.
        • Copy the certificate serial number or SHA1/SHA256/MD5/etc hash
        • Paste this into a search engine
        • If another website that you trust lists the certificate, e.g. your phone manufacturer or another trusted website (preferably a secure website, therefore you have confidence the website is genuine), then you can trust the certificate
        • If no trustworthy sites are returned in the search then try another hash or serial number
        • If you can't find any trustworthy sites listing the certificate then I suggest you don't trust it.
    • Finally, if you decide you trust a certificate then you can download and install on your phone.

CurvyClover488, Mar 28, 2019
  3. changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Mar 28, 2019
  4. wtf8269 Win User

Senior hardware engineer certifications?

I'm doing a report on senior hardware engineering in my Computer Electronics class, and I'm having a terrible time trying to find what kind of certifications you need to be a senior hardware engineer. Is anybody here a senior engineer? What certs do you need? Only one I could find so far is MCSE.

wtf8269, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Certifications for Desktop Engineer - Similar Threads - Certifications Desktop Engineer

2. certification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    certification: I have a certificate with microsoft which I have lost but still have my transcript with me is there any help, to regain the certificate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certification/158ba229-8db5-4f0e-baab-df7175e1b497
  3. certification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    certification: I have a certificate with microsoft which I have lost but still have my transcript with me is there any help, to regain the certificate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certification/158ba229-8db5-4f0e-baab-df7175e1b497
  4. Certificates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certificates: Anyone know what would block a certificate from being sent through a third party software? I use DoD certificates to connect to a website and can do so successfully using IE, Firefox, or Chrome. But if I try to connect to the site using Webinspect, Burp, or Zap it gives me...
  5. Certificates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certificates: Anyone know what would block a certificate from being sent through a third party software? I use DoD certificates to connect to a website and can do so successfully using IE, Firefox, or Chrome. But if I try to connect to the site using Webinspect, Burp, or Zap it gives me...
  6. Certificates

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. CERTIFICATES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CERTIFICATES: Ive tried all the fix i found on the internet but im still getting NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED to some trusted websites like reddit, microsoft themself etc. some works fine tho youtube, fb, twitterive tried all the dns fixthe time fix,ive updated my windows , etc.can someone kind...
  8. Certificates are not propagated - Certificate Propagation Service

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Certificates are not propagated - Certificate Propagation Service: I have a problem using a Smart Card. For some reason it doesn't propagate certificates automatically, the only way it propagates is by locking the windows screen, and unlocking again. I understand that propagation is done automatically only when connecting my card to the...
  9. my desktop icon open with Google search engine

in Windows 10 Customization
    my desktop icon open with Google search engine: my desktop icons open up with google, how can I change this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-icon-open-with-google-search-engine/0ac9edea-dd01-4cb2-b800-c5c250447b9b
  10. lost safe certificate for computer desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    lost safe certificate for computer desktop: How to I get a safe certificate for the internet, some how, in working with a telephone tech, mine has disappeared? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-safe-certificate-for-computer-desktop/e2c91087-6d08-48fe-b1ee-2c3d32bdf9fc"