Windows 10: CERTUTIL doesn't seem to handle double-quotes in a password

Discus and support CERTUTIL doesn't seem to handle double-quotes in a password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm having an issue with CERTUTIL. I can't find a way to escape the double-quote character. I have a PFX file with the password 'Pass"word' no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Graeme Williams1, Mar 2, 2023.

1. CERTUTIL doesn't seem to handle double-quotes in a password

I'm having an issue with CERTUTIL. I can't find a way to escape the double-quote character. I have a PFX file with the password 'Pass"word' no single-quotes. The following command produces this output:C:\Logs>CERTUTIL -f -p Pass"word -importpfx 1.pfxEntry 0:[edited]Entry 1:[edited]CertUtil: -dump command completed successfully.It looks like if CERTUTIL cannot parse the command line it just does a dump.Everything I do to escape the quotes produces this output, apart from using double double-quotes, as in:C:\Logs>CERTUTIL -f -p Pass""word -importpfx 1.pfxCertUtil: -impo

:)

Graeme Williams1, Mar 2, 2023

2. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Mar 2, 2023
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

CERTUTIL doesn't seem to handle double-quotes in a password 233722d1557862791t-windows-doesn-t-start-authomatic-repair-doesn-t-work-hdd-test-1-.png

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 2, 2023
  4. CERTUTIL doesn't seem to handle double-quotes in a password

Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

I can't sign in to my Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Mar 2, 2023
Thema:

CERTUTIL doesn't seem to handle double-quotes in a password

1. CERTUTIL doesn't seem to handle double-quotes in a password - Similar Threads - CERTUTIL doesn't seem

2. CertUtil

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CertUtil: CertUtil CertUtil -dump https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E8%BF%90%E8%A1%8Ccertutil%E6%98%AF%E5%81%9A/d3b803fa-d285-4cdf-bd54-5396e791c824
  3. CertUtil

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CertUtil: CertUtil CertUtil -dump https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E8%BF%90%E8%A1%8Ccertutil%E6%98%AF%E5%81%9A/d3b803fa-d285-4cdf-bd54-5396e791c824
  4. CERTUTIL doesn't seem to handle double-quotes in a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CERTUTIL doesn't seem to handle double-quotes in a password: I'm having an issue with CERTUTIL. I can't find a way to escape the double-quote character. I have a PFX file with the password 'Pass"word' no single-quotes. The following command produces this output:C:\Logs>CERTUTIL -f -p Pass"word -importpfx 1.pfxEntry 0:[edited]Entry...
  5. CERTUTIL doesn't seem to handle double-quotes in a password

CERTUTIL doesn't seem to handle double-quotes in a password: I'm having an issue with CERTUTIL. I can't find a way to escape the double-quote character. I have a PFX file with the password 'Pass"word' no single-quotes. The following command produces this output:C:\Logs>CERTUTIL -f -p Pass"word -importpfx 1.pfxEntry 0:[edited]Entry...
  6. Win11 WiFi password apostrophe / double-quote issues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 WiFi password apostrophe / double-quote issues?: I recently tried connecting my Win11 laptop to a WiFi network, but was having issues. I kept getting a "Cannot connect to this network" error, despite knowing the WiFi password. I had no problems connecting the same laptop when it was running Win10 e.g. same drivers &...
  7. Win11 WiFi password apostrophe / double-quote issues?

Win11 WiFi password apostrophe / double-quote issues?: I recently tried connecting my Win11 laptop to a WiFi network, but was having issues. I kept getting a "Cannot connect to this network" error, despite knowing the WiFi password. I had no problems connecting the same laptop when it was running Win10 e.g. same drivers &...
  8. Stop double quotes on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop double quotes on Windows 11: Let me explain:I have a 60% keyboard with the US layout, I used to use US-INTL to have the ''é'' and etc, but now whenever I type the quote to make an é it does double quotes, I tried everything and nothing is stopping it, can someone help me?I need to have the accents for...
  9. Stop double quotes on Windows 11

Stop double quotes on Windows 11: Let me explain:I have a 60% keyboard with the US layout, I used to use US-INTL to have the ''é'' and etc, but now whenever I type the quote to make an é it does double quotes, I tried everything and nothing is stopping it, can someone help me?I need to have the accents for...
  10. Need to press quotes and double quotes twice in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to press quotes and double quotes twice in Windows 10: This problem has been reported many times with previous versions of Windows - and the fix has always been to change the keyboard from US International to US Standard. Brief description of the problem for those not familiar: Pressing a quote - or double quote - does not...