Windows 10: CFA folder access issues running netflix through browser since latest windows10 update

Discus and support CFA folder access issues running netflix through browser since latest windows10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; among other problems since resolved, i have a netflix playback issue since latest update: it was recommended to me to change the downloads folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sevn77, Mar 7, 2019.

1. sevn77 Win User

CFA folder access issues running netflix through browser since latest windows10 update

among other problems since resolved, i have a netflix playback issue since latest update: it was recommended to me to change the downloads folder location to an unprotected folder BUT i think changing downloads folder does not affect where streaming vid is temp cached , which is a folder inside application data and therefore included as a protected folder.(and the cause of the error) when i switch off cfa, i can run netflix as per usual in firefox. but as soon as cfa is enabled i get a streaming error (obviously cfa is doing its job). i cant create an exception as only .exe files can be given this and the temp folder is not an .exe file. what might i try to keep cfa enabled, not give firefox.exe access and run netflix as per usual? thankyou

:)

sevn77, Mar 7, 2019
  2. sevn77 Win User

after latest update windows10 wont allow programms write access

hi dave, re netflix playback issue since latest update: i think changing downloads folder does not affect where streaming vid is temp cached , which is a folder inside application data and therefore included as a protected folder.(and teh cause of the error)
    when i switch off cfa, i can run netflix as per usual in firefox. but as soon as cfa is enabled i get a streaming error (obviously cfa is doing its job). i cant create an exception as only .exe files can be given this and the temp folder is not an .exe file.

what might i try to keep cfa enabled, not give firefox.exe access and run netflix as per usual? thankyou

sevn77, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Netflix

Hi Zeroequalsone,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

Please share this with us:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Through which browser are you accessing Netflix?

Try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you to view the video on Netflix website in compatibility view and check if it helps.

Try to open the Netflix website in compatibility mode on Internet Explorer 10. Follow the steps:

a) Open Internet Explorer 11 on the desktop screen.

b) Press Alt key on the keyboard to enable the menu bar if it is disabled on the browser.

c) Click on Tools option.

d) Click on Compatibility View settings.

e) Add the website address of the website which you are using to watch the videos online.

f) Click on Add.

g) Click on Close.

Method 2: I suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

Please check your Windows updates (including optional updates).

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Select Check for Update.
    • Download and Install the latest Windows Updates.

If the issue still persists, try this:

Method 3: Update the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Mar 7, 2019
  4. CFA folder access issues running netflix through browser since latest windows10 update

I have some problems in my Windows 10 when i try to run Netflix.

Hello Fenton,

• Are you watching Netflix via browser or Netflix app?
    • If browser then which browser are you using o watch Netflix movies?

If you are using Netflix via Internet Explorer, then we suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps:

Step 1: Disable add-ons and check if you are facing the same issue:

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer

Step 2: Reset Internet Explorer and check:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet
    Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Step 3: If you are using Netflix app, then try the below steps and check:

I would suggest you to run the Troubleshooter for Windows App and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Let us know the status of the issue. We ill be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

CFA folder access issues running netflix through browser since latest windows10 update

1. CFA folder access issues running netflix through browser since latest windows10 update - Similar Threads - CFA folder access

2. Not able to switch Microsoft profile since latest update Windows10 21h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to switch Microsoft profile since latest update Windows10 21h2: Hello All,I'm using Remote Desktop to use my Azure Virtual Desktop, I need to switch between 2 profiles.However since the last windows update, only the profile which I'm login can be used.I tried to add the other profile again in the account, try pick another account,...
  3. Not able to switch Microsoft profile since latest update Windows10 21h2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to switch Microsoft profile since latest update Windows10 21h2: Hello All,I'm using Remote Desktop to use my Azure Virtual Desktop, I need to switch between 2 profiles.However since the last windows update, only the profile which I'm login can be used.I tried to add the other profile again in the account, try pick another account,...
  4. Not able to switch Microsoft profile since latest update Windows10 21h1

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not able to switch Microsoft profile since latest update Windows10 21h1: Hello All,I'm using Remote Desktop to use my Azure Virtual Desktop, I need to switch between 2 profiles.However since the last windows update, only the profile which I'm login can be used.I tried to add the other profile again in the account, try pick another account,...
  5. Issues with searchapp crashing since latest update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with searchapp crashing since latest update.: Hello. Since the latest update (for me was on 11/18/20) I’m getting this error for trying use windows search (the magnifying glass opens then closes and you can’t type anything to search) Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp:...
  6. Microphone issues since latest windows update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone issues since latest windows update.: Ever since the latest windows update when activated my microphone just outputs a bunch of static when ever it receives any sound. Microphone was tested with other devices and worked perfectly fine and worked perfectly fine pre update. Updating driver proved fruitless....
  7. Since the latest update I cannot access outlook.live.com.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since the latest update I cannot access outlook.live.com.: Since I have done the latest update I now cannot access outlook.live.com. outlook.live.com refused to connect. It has only occurred on 1 computer, all others are acting normal. Can anyone please help me with this?...
  8. since latest install of windows10 update, i no longer have mouse access to cortana search...

in Cortana
    since latest install of windows10 update, i no longer have mouse access to cortana search...: As stated previously I always had access through my mousenot speech control!! to cortana searches on my taskbar, since latest install of updates win10 this has gone???...
  9. Printer Issues after latest Windows10 Update September 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer Issues after latest Windows10 Update September 2019: I installed the latest Windows 10 update and for some reasons all the printers (even the windows PDF printer) are disappeared. Now it does not let me install any printer whatsoever. Is there a solution for that?...
  10. Edge Browser Access to Download Folder Issue

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser Access to Download Folder Issue: I have two Windows 10 Pro systems. My laptop works fine (does not have the issues noted below, so I know what is supposed to correctly happen) but my desktop PC has two issues associated with the Edge Browser and the "Download Folder": 1) The Edge browser does not...