Windows 10: .cfg extension dissappeared

Discus and support .cfg extension dissappeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It's strange because it worked for some time ago, don't even know when it stopped to associate with 'em. The problem is that I get a "open width"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bl00keRs, Oct 8, 2018.

1. bl00keRs Win User

.cfg extension dissappeared

It's strange because it worked for some time ago, don't even know when it stopped to associate with 'em.
    The problem is that I get a "open width" prompt every time I want open a .cfg file. Editing/saving etc. works (using Notepad/Notepad++) but I can't see the icon preview (it's blank white) and no automatic start.

I can't see the .cfg extension in system settings and associate a program with it manually, and I can't even see this extension in a FileTypesMan program. What to do and how could it happen? Can I add this file extension in some way? I've seen there is such ability in FileTypesMan?

:)

bl00keRs, Oct 8, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Extensions unresponsive

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Settings > System > Apps & Features > Uninstall the problem Edge Extension(s)

• Go to Store > manually search the store for the extension, then install it again.
    After it's installed, click the 'Launch' button and it will take you to Edge where you can set it up.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Disassociate file .cfg

WinKey+R -> Regedit

Locate & delete (if they exist) the following two keys:

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.cfg\UserChoice

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Roaming\OpenWith\FileExts\.cfg\UserChoice

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Oct 8, 2018
  4. .cfg extension dissappeared

Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Edge extension translator. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Open Powershell as admin.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage *pocket* | Remove-AppxPackage" without the quotes this will unsintall pocket. You can try skipping step 3.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" without the quotes.

this will reinstall all stock apps including the Windows Store
    • Now you should be able to install Pocket through the Windows Store.

Note: Replace *pocket* in step 2 with *extensionname* (example: pocket extension).

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

.cfg extension dissappeared

1. .cfg extension dissappeared - Similar Threads - cfg extension dissappeared

2. Photos dissappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos dissappeared: I used Microsoft Photos to import photos from my android. After importing photos and videos I trusted the app to keep all the pictures and so I permanently deleted them from my phone. After a day or two, suddely the photos and videos were gone. Is there a way for me to get...
  3. Photos dissappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos dissappeared: I used Microsoft Photos to import photos from my android. After importing photos and videos I trusted the app to keep all the pictures and so I permanently deleted them from my phone. After a day or two, suddely the photos and videos were gone. Is there a way for me to get...
  4. open a CFG video file? or jvc movie

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    open a CFG video file? or jvc movie: I made a movie on my jvc camcorder but downloaded to H:\PRIVET\JVC\TAG= THE FILE NAME is videoteg.cfg.file... I think. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-a-cfg-video-file-or-jvc-movie/366b7cc1-bf3b-409c-bf17-027d7e5eac4e
  5. second ssd dissappears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    second ssd dissappears: The second SSD M.2 will disappear randomly after using the DELL XPS 15. It comes up fine and after about an hour maybe haven't timed it it will just go away. I swapped SSDs with another and same thing. This has only started happening in the last couple days since the last...
  6. Bluetooth Dissappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Dissappeared: The Bluetooth function on my Windows 10 desktop disappeared and now I have reinstalled Windows 10 and it is still not working. Please Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-dissappeared/2816a63e-bd4d-4f9c-93d5-14ef0fcd5acb
  7. autofill passwords dissappeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    autofill passwords dissappeared: My autofill passwords are gone. I went to log in to a website , the password didn't fill in automatically, I checked under settings/autofill and there's nothing there. I restarted and still nothing. Can I retrieve the information somehow?...
  8. Control Flow Guard (CFG) not enabled in C# application.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Control Flow Guard (CFG) not enabled in C# application.: I used Process Explorer to check if CFG is enabled in my C# application. CFG was disabled. I found only a Microsoft document on how to enable CFG in Visual Studio 2015. But that was only for C/C++ projects. Control Flow Guard I read that CFG is enabled by default in...
  9. Photos have dissappeared!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos have dissappeared!: Hi, I have a laptop with Windows10. We downloaded all of our photos from old computer on to new computer in the Photo app. Everything was fine and viewable. One day I noticed the photo app was entirely gone. I re-installed but all of my photos were gone. Any...
  10. Mouse cursor dissappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor dissappears: Hello, I often connect my laptop to my TV via hdmi. After latest update of my windows 10 (64) my cursor disappears from my laptop screen but is still visible on the tv screen. When I unplug from the tv, the cursor is still gone/invisible on my laptop screen and I need a full...