Windows 10: .cfg extension dissappeared

Discus and support .cfg extension dissappeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It's strange because it worked for some time ago, don't even know when it stopped to associate with 'em. The problem is that I get a "open width"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bl00keRs, Oct 8, 2018.

1. bl00keRs Win User

.cfg extension dissappeared

It's strange because it worked for some time ago, don't even know when it stopped to associate with 'em.
    The problem is that I get a "open width" prompt every time I want open a .cfg file. Editing/saving etc. works (using Notepad/Notepad++) but I can't see the icon preview (it's blank white) and no automatic start.

I can't see the .cfg extension in system settings and associate a program with it manually, and I can't even see this extension in a FileTypesMan program. What to do and how could it happen? Can I add this file extension in some way? I've seen there is such ability in FileTypesMan?

:)

bl00keRs, Oct 8, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Extensions unresponsive

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Settings > System > Apps & Features > Uninstall the problem Edge Extension(s)

• Go to Store > manually search the store for the extension, then install it again.
    After it's installed, click the 'Launch' button and it will take you to Edge where you can set it up.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Disassociate file .cfg

WinKey+R -> Regedit

Locate & delete (if they exist) the following two keys:

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.cfg\UserChoice

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Roaming\OpenWith\FileExts\.cfg\UserChoice

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Oct 8, 2018
  4. .cfg extension dissappeared

Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Edge extension translator. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Open Powershell as admin.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage *pocket* | Remove-AppxPackage" without the quotes this will unsintall pocket. You can try skipping step 3.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" without the quotes.

this will reinstall all stock apps including the Windows Store
    • Now you should be able to install Pocket through the Windows Store.

Note: Replace *pocket* in step 2 with *extensionname* (example: pocket extension).

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

.cfg extension dissappeared

1. .cfg extension dissappeared - Similar Threads - cfg extension dissappeared

2. Mouse cursor dissappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor dissappears: Hello, I often connect my laptop to my TV via hdmi. After latest update of my windows 10 (64) my cursor disappears from my laptop screen but is still visible on the tv screen. When I unplug from the tv, the cursor is still gone/invisible on my laptop screen and I need a full...
  3. cursor locks up or dissappears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor locks up or dissappears: Cursor randomly locks up on my laptop of disappears only way to get the lock down off is to power down than restart ~ WHY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-locks-up-or-dissappears/14065b21-a51c-4633-954a-87325e5fdf77
  4. Minimizing App Window Causes it to DIssappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Minimizing App Window Causes it to DIssappear: Kind of strange problem. I'm on a dual monitor system 4K & HD monitors with latest win10 Pro x64. I have an app I want to run on my HD monitor, but it launches to my 4K monitor maximized. Normally, all I have to do is minimize it and move it to the other monitor and size or...
  5. word 2016 dissappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    word 2016 dissappeared: I purchased word 2016 in 2016 and used it quite often to create quite a few documents and without notice or any action from me it disappeared along with my documents, how do I get it back?...
  6. Problem trying to install cfg file into Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Problem trying to install cfg file into Outlook 2016: Have followed HowTo-Outlook directions to show sender's email address in message view. (https://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/...deraddress.htm) Have downloaded and unzipped viewsendersaddress.zip into C > Program Files > Microsoft Office > Office16 > 1033 as...
  7. extensions

in Browsers and Email
    extensions: can we install any extensions or add ons for project Spartan now 5749
  8. Drive dissappeared - all data lost?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive dissappeared - all data lost?: Hi all, I’d like to ask for your help. I was moving about 1.5 TB of data from an external drive to an internal drive (secondary, non-system hard drive), left the PC for a few hours and when I came back the moving process was paused at 0 kB/s speed and the internal...
  9. Hard Drive Space Completely Dissappeared

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard Drive Space Completely Dissappeared: i was busy working on a photoshop project for school, for a few hours, when thing started getting sluggish. I figured it was just photoshop and i'll take a break in a bit anyway, another hour or so went by and it was getting worse so i figured i should save and restart...
  10. Random window quickly shows and dissappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Random window quickly shows and dissappears: I just got a new PC and did a clean install. Randomly a window appears but disappears right away so i dont even know where it is coming from. It happens fairly often, at least twice per hr or so. Is there someway to find out which processes or files have recently been loaded...