Windows 10: cFosICS fixes bug of Windows 10 (newer versions) which may stop Internet Connection Sharing...

Discus and support cFosICS fixes bug of Windows 10 (newer versions) which may stop Internet Connection Sharing... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Anybody has experience with this issue concerning Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). It looks like the current Windows 10 version 1803 still has this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pulsecode, Sep 14, 2018.

1. pulsecode Win User

cFosICS fixes bug of Windows 10 (newer versions) which may stop Internet Connection Sharing...

Anybody has experience with this issue concerning Internet Connection Sharing (ICS).

It looks like the current Windows 10 version 1803 still has this bug, that the ICS disappears after a reboot of the system.

I read the discussion about this in this thread ICS (Internet connection sharing) dosent work in Windows 10 1607 :

It looks like there is no solution there.

And it also looks like the free tool cFosICS has commands to solve the problem.

:)

pulsecode, Sep 14, 2018

2. Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 10

Lot of wrong information. Some steps aren't available.

Can't share internet connection anymore Ever since I updated(today0 to this new Windows 10 version, it stopped working. When I try enabling it, it says it's already shared with Wireless_3278, enabling Wi_Fi
    from now on. Then when I click OK it says Error enabling ICS.

What is wrong with this new windows?

Arrête de Niaiser, Sep 14, 2018
  4. cFosICS fixes bug of Windows 10 (newer versions) which may stop Internet Connection Sharing...

How to change "Internet connection sharing mode" in sharing property on my network

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to check if Internet Connection Sharing services is started and
    startup type set to automatic.

To check Internet Connection Sharing services is started please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type services.msc

• A new window will pop up.

• Find Internet Connection Sharing.

• Right click and go to properties.

• Change Startup type to automatic.

• Under Service status click
      start
      if it shows Stopped.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

cFosICS fixes bug of Windows 10 (newer versions) which may stop Internet Connection Sharing...

1. cFosICS fixes bug of Windows 10 (newer versions) which may stop Internet Connection Sharing... - Similar Threads - cFosICS fixes bug

2. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  3. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  4. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Installation of newer version of Windows 10 in an old pc which is running on older version...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of newer version of Windows 10 in an old pc which is running on older version...: I am using dell laptop bought in 2012,it used to run on windows 7 before and it was a bit slow so i gave it to format to windows 10.It has been formatted to the older version of windows 10.It is just a bit slow in this version.Now can i update it to the latest version of...
  6. Unable to stop Internet Connection Sharing ICS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to stop Internet Connection Sharing ICS: Hi, I was unable to stop ICS on my Services control panel. The error message shows, ``` Windows could not stop the Internet Connection Sharing ICS service on Local Computer. The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error or an internal service...
  7. Internet Connection Sharing BUG in Windows 10

Internet Connection Sharing BUG in Windows 10: There must be a bug in the Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 10. Every time I start Windows, I must first disable the sharing click ok and then enable the sharing. Otherwise, the other computer connecting does not get an IP address via DHCP....
  8. Windows 10 updater used newer version before an older one which caused bugs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 updater used newer version before an older one which caused bugs: Hello,I had to rollback my windows from February's version because of bugs (I used the update assistant), while waiting for the March update. Yesterday it appeared so I had the February's one and March's one (total of two updates in the same time). The problem is that it used...
  9. which is the newer version of windows 10, 1903 or 1809??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    which is the newer version of windows 10, 1903 or 1809??: windows 10, which is the newer version, 1903 or 1809?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-is-the-newer-version-of-windows-10-1903-or/c0424991-e0fe-4f19-92da-10f0360b14e0
  10. windows 10 internet connection sharing

windows 10 internet connection sharing: Windows 10 internet connection sharing does not persist across system restart. The tick box on the sharing tab remains ticked, but the connection is not shared until the box is unticked and ticked again....